Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

This stuff really works. I have hooded lids and oily eyelids. Without this, eyeshadow would only last on me for an hour or two, no matter how much blending and setting I did. With this, it lasts all day! And reduces transfer too. I'm impressed.

Yo esperaba mucho mas de este producto tan popular. Lo intente probar comparandolo con un primer mucho mas económico y mis sombras se vieron mucho mas pigmentadas con el otro primer que con este. Cuando lo abrí salió una especie de aceite y tuve que revolverlo con el aplicador para que saliera cremoso. Pésima calidad: aceitoso y las sombras no se adhieren. No vale lo que cuesta.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.

on 12/19/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have the original tube of this (wand style with the cute bottle) and I bought it ages ago - and it still works the best (so far) for me. It applies great (with little) and dries matte. My colors last all day with it, I love it. Wish it wasn't so pricey, but it's worth the price.

I got hooked on Primer Potion when Urban Decay was having a sale getting rid of the old packaging and replacing it with the new tube. There is so much product packed into this little guy, omg. I have to use this every time I wear eyeshadow, I wish I knew about it so much sooner and saved myself the embarrassing eyeshadow creases.. The product itself doesn't have much of a smell and can feel a little bit gritty but once you smooth it all over your lid, those grits dissolve and you're good to go. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I don't even care, I still love it! A definite makeup bag staple for me,

i have fairly oily eyelids, and when i heard everyone raving that this helped shadows stay on all day, i went right out and bought it. it absolutely didn't work for me; my shadows slid all over probably about an hour after i put it on. and the packaging is just terrible!

on 6/1/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only primer i have try. Very expensive but a little goes a long way. I have oily eye lids. This is great and prevent creasing and smudging . But i felt using it daily will cause dryness to my eyes. Lids is still oily but skin felt very tight. Not sure if this make any sense. Will look for other cheaper brands

on 5/10/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This was my first high end eye shadow primer purchase. I snagged it for half off at Ulta during the holiday season. I had previously been using wet n wild fergie primer (I think the name is for my primas?). That had never been that great for me - felt sort of dry/irritating, was hard to blend, and was super sticky. I did use up most of the tube (took me 2 years, since I don't wear makeup everyday), but once I got this I threw the remainder out of the wet n wild (one because it was old, two because this was MUCH better). I found this to be smooth, non drying/irritating to my eyes, and easily blended in. Shadow blends seamlessly on top of it, and it has made my shadows feel even creamier and soft. Any chalkiness I though was there in my too faced and urban decay shadows went away when I began using this. I do not know how bright shadows do on this primer, as I only wear neutrals, but the neutrals look fantastic. I use so little on each eye, so I suspect this will take a long time to go through. I will re purchase if I can get it on a deal again when I need more. Overall, if you don't mind the price, I reccomend this product as it really makes shadow stay.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely helps set my UD Naked eye shadows for a long day at work. Doesn't irritate my eyes and feels smooth-not greasy going onto my lids.