Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried many methods of eye priming as a person with horrifically oily eyelids. Concealer, foundation, other primers, and this lovely little potion works magic. I live in a very humid, hot country and I usually don't expect many eye primers to hold more than two to three hours, but UD has once again exceeded my expectations. It comes in a little tube which looks like a squeeze bottle but it has a doe-foot applicator.

The primer goes on really smoothly and creates a slightly tacky base once blended out. I've seen people use a brush to buff the primer in but I personally didn't find it working too well. I prefer tapping it in with my fingers or a silicone sponge. Using a brush created streakiness, which didn't allow even application of eyeshadow.

I have found one problem where if I use concealer below the eye primer (when I'm highlighting my brow bone), it seems to layer on top oddly and creates patchiness that is hard to remove without taking off everything and doing it again, so I avoid putting concealer near my eyelid.

This primer is a true legend. Did UD put real magic in a tube? Is that why it's called a potion? It kept my eyeshadow and eyeliner on for 8+ hours and looked like I had just applied my eyeshadow. No bleeding, no fall out, no smudging.

It is a little pricey - the mini tube I got at Sephora was $16 while the full sized one was $35, but my current tube has lasted a few months and is still pretty full so I do believe it's well worth the price for the quality and quantity.

Keep working your magic, UD.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Such an incredible eyeshadow primer, the first I’ve tried and it’s already a favourite and possibly HG. In my experience, does a lot more than when I’ve tried to use concealer as a base. Helps to make shadows more vibrant and pop, last longer and apply better/smoother. I intend on either repurchasing this or trying the Anti-Ageing Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay or testing Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance. The only thing I don’t like about this primer is the price tag but luckily mine’s a sample size and I only had to pay $20 AUD for it. Another plus is it seems like a lot of product, even in the sample size and lasts forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 10/1/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started with this eye primer and have never looked back. It does an astonishing job keeping eyeshadow, liner and mascara in place all day. I used to get crazy raccoon eyes by the end of the day if I didn't use primer, and with this, I still have decent looking eye makeup 10 hours later, even with very oily skin. No creases, no raccoon eyes. An absolute must for any makeup arsenal.

on 12/4/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! When I go out to a night club 6 hours later when I get home it looks like I just applied my smokey eye! I also use a little under my eyes and it prevents any masacara or eyeliner to smudge.. Highly recommend especially for anyone with oily skin!!!

on 11/9/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

KEEPS EVERYTHING ON YOUR EYELIDS ALLLLLL DAY ITS AMAZING

on 8/28/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Holy Grail product right here! I have been using the Primer Potion for years both on my eyelids and under my eyes. I have very oily skin, even around my eyes. Everything would crease on me almost immediately, but this product saved my life. It's important to apply a thin layer and really work it into the skin with your fingertips, otherwise you'll risk looking cakey or chalky. I own this product in Eden as well, a color that I also highly recommend.

on 3/9/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

this is the ultimate lid primer for me.it does everything a good primer should do.makes shadows vibrant,long-lasting and above all,smudge proof.onthe down side,shadows become a little hard to blend but nothing that cannot be managed.price is a little on the expensive side too but the product will last you a good amount of time as you will require very small amount for each application.overall,i couldn't be happier with this.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Not sure why everyone is obsessed with this primer. I think it gets the job done, but not better than any other primer out there.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! My eyelids are very very oily and i've tried some different primers and none have worked. When I tried this I was so surprised that my eye makeup stayed on the whole day and looked really good even at the end of the day! So if you have oily lids you need to buy this NOW!

Video Reviews & Tutorials