Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

on 10/2/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've purchased and repurchased this over the years. Why on earth did they go back to the original packaging. I've only had my last tube for a little over a month and its already drying out. I will be looking for another product that can replace what used to be a HG for me.

on 9/11/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

does its job. no flaws. you dont have to use a lot. prolongs my eyeshadow and sometimes i use it as glitter glue. i have never strayed away and have been using this product for almost 5 years on a daily basis. you can also use this underneath your eyes as primer for concealer/corrector to prevent creasing. i don't mind the price since a tube lasts so long, about 4-6 months, and you can easily remove the wand and carefully squeeze the product out if you prefer a squeeze tube product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This primer is ok. It is not the best I have used and I have had my eye shadow crease with this. I also do not like the packaging. When running low, it is hard to get the remaining product out. I would just prefer to use my foundation or shape tape over this primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the eye shadow primer which is in the bottle with the wand and I HATE it. Everyone raves about this product (well they used to) and I can't understand why. From reading the reviews it sounds like they changed the formula whilst they changed the packaging but I can't say as I've never used it when it's been in that packaging. It's rather difficult to apply with the wand and quite awkward and I can't say I noticed a difference in my eye shadow longevity or made the eye shadows any more vibrant and pigmented. I might as well just use my foundation or concealer than use this.

on 1/23/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily eyelid, hooded eyes and sensitive watery eyes. I'm forever in search of a primer that allows me to use eyeshadow. Already tried TheBalm, Smashbox and Nars. All of them failed and UDPP is yet another disappointment.

It applies smoothly and dries very fast, which is great. That is that. It makes blending difficult, which i thought was because the primer was securing the eyeshadow that much. No luck for me.

With the other primers, the eyeshadow creases. UDPP (original) goes a step down. It creases and forms a goop mess that makes me feel like there is even more oil in my lid.

Still searching.

Update 02.09.2017: Didn't say before but i find it expensive for the amount of primer. I hate the wand package in anything. Give me a squeeze tube and I am happy.

I treated an eye skin condition and after it i used the primer again. No more goop, but it still didn't hold the eyeshadow that good in my more hooded eyes (I have different hoodiness in each eyes😂). By the end of the day, i had uneven colors, with the less hooded eye having more intense color.

on 10/21/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This has been my go to primer for as long as I can remember. It doesnt irritate my eyes and helps to make my shadows last all day without creasing. You use such a small amount that it lasts AGES, so it's a good cost per use. I do miss the old packaging though.

on 8/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first time writing a review for a product on this website. Mostly because i tend to not write reviews on products that i didn't like. BUT I HAD to write one on the much raved about Urban Decay Primer Potion. This eyelid primer is thick & even when waiting for it to dry it caused my eyeshadow to become extremely hard to blend. That's not even my biggest problem. This caused my eyelids to become incredibly itchy throughout the day. One day i had gotten some dust in my eyes so they started watering and a few tears streamed down my eyes. I was wearing this eyelid primer & since some of my tears got on my under eyes and around my nose a few minutes later i felt some itching on my under eyes and my around my nose. Once i got home and washed off my makeup i noticed i had developed a rash on my under eyes and around my nose. The Urban Decay primer potion was the only new product i was using & was probably responsible for my current rash situation. Will be returning it immediately! ELF's eyeshadow primer is much better & cheaper than the UDPP, & i will go back to using it

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A little background: I have mono-eyelids and my face tends to get greasy throughout the day along with my eyelids. This eye primer helps keep my eyeliner stay put from 6AM - 9PM. It definitely does a wonderful job. It is slightly on the expensive side so I do only splurge on it when there is a good deal on Ulta or Sephora. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, E.L.F's eye primer is a great dupe, although I do not find the staying power as long as the UD one.

on 4/2/2016 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a holy grail product for me and something I will continue buying. My eye makeup does not settle into the crease or fade at all. I love it!