Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/20/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I heard the amazing reviews for this product, and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it...and wow! Really great stuff, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eye shadow look amazing and last all day like I just put it on. I'm only mad I waited this long to purchase it! five stars all the way.

on 4/16/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta because of all the rave reviews. I am really impressed with this eyeshadow primer and absolutely worth the hype! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+ hours and the Lancome eyeshadow primer I had used for several years only lasted me 8 hours. I bought this in the mini size and will for sure buy this in the full size. Love it!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing. Probably my favorite eyeshadow primer. I give it a 4 stars because the price and the packaging is kind of odd.. I usually just apply it to my finger and then to my lids rather than using the wand to apply it because it doesn't go on evenly
But I love this primer!! Works great at making sure your eyeshadow doesn't crease and stays put

I don't LOVE this and don't really know why so many people do. I hate the applicator, which sometimes just doesn't pick up anything. It definitely prevents my shadow from creasing as quickly as it would without primer, but after two hours, it creases as usual. I do like, however, that it makes colours and sparkle look more intense than it does without it. Same level as Two Faced Shadow Insurance. I have yet to find a perfect primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG eyeshadow primer! I love that they changed the packaging, and that it can easily be squeezed out now :) I have been using this primer for a long time, and I love how it keeps my eyeshadow on all day even with my super oily eyelids! I love to wear this even if I'm not going to wear any eyeshadown for the day. It also last me a super long time! So although it might be pricey, it lasts a very long time.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Hadn't used it in a while I remember getting samples of it when I ordered from sephora just didn't buy a full size until now and I don't know why I waited to be honest. This is a beige- y colored primer for me it hides all the discoloration on my eyelids. When i use this primer I have no issues with any eyeshadow PERIOD. It stays in place all day and I don't have to worry about any creasing or smudging. Its not a bad price either I got mine on sale around Christmas. Its one of the only primers I will use from now on.

on 1/23/2017 9:48:00 PM

This primer used to be wonderful in the old tube with no applicator and a different formula, it was the best and that is why it was a cult favorite. However, packaging and formula has changed and it is awful!! Eyeshadow does not stay on at all. I wa told at Ulta that L'Oreal bought out Urban Decay. Urban Decay (L'Oréal) PLEASE bring back the old, great formula. Luckily, I just ordered 3 tubes of the good version but when they run out I will be buying something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My second review goes out to Urban Decay!

I invested in the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and never will go back. It's completely worth the investment if you want to keep your eyeshadow looking fresh all day. Why put in all the time and effort in the morning if it's just going to wear off after a couple hours?

My only tip for this primer is to make sure that you warm it up between your fingers before application. Sometimes if I don't do so, the primer gets a little blotchy once it dries. However, it's nothing too major since the eyeshadow covers it up anyway.

Since you only need the tiniest amount of primer with each application, it'll last you a couple years at the least. It's definitely worth the money!

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!

Video Reviews & Tutorials