Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

On one hand it makes my rainbow eyeshadow really stand out, but on the other a pointless hassle to work with:

This primer is extremely sticky. YES I know that's a good thing & adherence keeps your eyeshadows fresh HOWEVER it dries the heck out of my eyelids...and I don't even have dry eyelids! Also when I'm applying this primer I can feel myself unnecessarily dragging the skin just so the primer could spread...I'm not ready for more fine lines around my eyes! On the plus side it caused me no irritation :/

I would ONLY recommend this product to people with OILY eyelids.

I have found much better eye primers that are less than half the cost & perform just as well if not BETTER. Sorry Urban Decay, it's a NO from me.

This stuff is my holy grail in my makeup collection, its the only one that seems to work for me. I've tried others and nothing performs like this one. The only thing I hate about it is they like to change the packaging a lot I've had both versions from the squeeze tube to the doe-foot applicator and I find the squeeze tube the best because you can get just a little bit you seem to have more control. This also great for glitters too and chrome shadows it work for everything just love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It seems like forever since I purchased this and I still have over half the tube left! This is always a staple before using eye m/u as it helps it glide on and stay put - in my case at least 7-8 hours. No fading, shifting or creasing. It goes on beige but vanishes/becomes transparent once applied. I don't wear eye m/u very often but when I do this is always a part of the routine. In fact I'm not sure I would be able to apply anything now without applying this first!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/13/2018 4:36:00 PM

I got myself the trial size which is awesomely available to start with. I do not use eyeshadow but have creasing in laugh lines when wearing foundation and have been reading this might help. It really does. I use the applicator directly on skin and it is well made and multitask. I love the container really and the ''brush'' is really user friendly. I find it hard to blend on face but since it's not it's intended purpose it only makes sense. makes sure to blend well it it is for foundation creasing otherwise it'll be patchy. Pricey but now 50% off at ullta so it's time to get one :)

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

on 5/7/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had many primers before, but this one works wonders, especially because I do not have perfect instagram eye lids, I have droopy eyelids and for me it is important not to look like a panda when I have eyeliner on, because I really love wearing it. It enhances eyeshadow pigment, however, if you want color to pop (e.g. I have Prism from ABH with Sphere eyeshadow) I would use a more white primer to make that yellow really stand out.
But definitely buying it again, super awesome.

on 4/10/2018 5:10:00 PM

I see a lot of good reviews on this primer but for some reason it does NOT work for me. I've tried applying a small amount and a larger amount but neither works and my eyeshadow STILL creases. I was looking forward to not seeing my makeuup crease. Very disappointed with this product.

on 3/24/2018 6:21:00 PM

Granted this is a great product, but I find Shadow Insurance to be less oily - and have less of yellow tint on my more neutral skin. I kind of get some eyeliner transfer (I tend to use gel or liquid) when I use UD primer.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer,honestly the price is fair for what it does and how long it lasts.I don't use any other primer unless I am running errands and don't care about my eyeshadow.This primer really does help keep your eyeshadows locked in,but doesn't stop them from being blendable.Doesn't smell,a little goes a long way,and it goes on smoothly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials