Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

Really love it!!

I don't really know how to feel about it just because this is the first eyeshadow primer I have ever tried. I find it does increase the longevity of my eyeshadows but I wonder if it's worth the price. I want to try the nyx eyeshadow primer and the smashbox.

on 1/1/2017 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid 30's, dry skin in U area,normal&slightly oily on T area.

Everyone talks about this product, beauty gurus, YT MUA and basically everyone. So I thought it must be one wickedly awesome product. Not.
I'm glad I didnt buy the full size because I'm certain it will end up somewhere else but my eyelids.

It does not live up the hype. At least to me. I got it in sample size so I cannot comment about the packging.

My eyelids are dry, so dry any eyeshadow from drugstore brands to high end brands feels like chalk up there without primer, even after moisturizer. So naturally I want a moisturizing primer.

Meanwhile it does amazing job to keep my eyeshadow lasts longer, it dries my lids like a nightmare. Either drugstore eyeshadow or the high end ones feel chalkier in a terrible way. It doesnt settle in lines or feel heavy on my lids, tho, but the utter dryness is unberable.

Not reccommended at all if you have dry eyelids like mine.

on 12/30/2016 8:50:00 AM

I love this primer i just wish it was a little bit cheaper! It really enhances colour and the quality of any Eyeshadow. It makes the Eyeshadow stay all day with no creases. I thought having hooded eyes and trying all sorts of Eyeshadow primers and still getting creases that i was doomed to creases for forver but nope this really stop it! You only need a small amount for both eyes too much will make it greasy but thats a positive cause it makes it last that much longer!

Love this. I'm a relative newcomer to primers, but this one makes SUCH a difference. I have deep set eyes so eyeshadow is very prone to creasing or wearing off, but this is fantastic - last week I put my make up on at 3pm, got back at 2am and my eyeshadow looked nearly as good as it did when I applied it. A little goes a long way so it's worth the price.

on 11/25/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Packaging broke after few uses (squeezes out of side of tip). Sometimes this product works sometimes it doesn't probably more of a reflection of the shadow!
tFSI is my ride or die

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the squeeze tube version because that's what I'm still using. This stuff is great. There are others that are just as good (Lorac comes to mind, but it's the only one I've used consistently), but UDPP has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. In fact, I've been using the same tube for two or three years and it's only around 2/3 of the way gone. Before it, I used the old genie bottle doe-foot applicator version and loved it as well. It keeps my eyeshadow from creasing all day, and I have mighty oily lids. It takes a TINY amount. 1/4 rice grain per eye, maybe, 1/2 if you use it under your eyes as well.

on 8/8/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really didn't wanna buy into a hype and didn't wanna try this for a long time. At some point a few years ago, when my lids got oilier and no base could save my e/s from creasing anymore, I caved in an tried this. I didn't like the packaging with the appilcator, but I made it work.

And then I bought another one...and another one...and yes, now I'm stuck on it.

I don't like that it's hard to blend on the edges, but I can also make that work. My e/s never smudges with this. I've woken up after parties several times and my eye mu was still almost perfect.

The price is fine, cause it's a really good product.

I just don't get this product! I find it a bit gunky and not easy to smooth in. Then I get this ugly sheen all over my lid which is a bit tacky. My eyeshadows just don't go on easily and the colour is changed. No I don't like it. But that's me.