Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/20/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does make my eye makeup last a lot longer.
But not the whole day, makeup does fade over time.
Don't like the fact that this makes blending the shadows so hard.
I tried Innisfree's primer but it is worse than this, unable to blend my shadows at all.
Will purchase this if I can't find anything better. This is expensive so not very happy with the result.

on 1/12/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a few different varieties of this primer, and I find that the shimmer primers last longer than the regular ones. None of them, however, have any magical ingredients exclusive to gluing on eyeshadow, and the same can be accomplished with a long-lasting concealer, such as Revlon Colorstay or even All-nighter foundation.

Urban Decay keeps repackaging their primers as if to insinuate that every speck of makeup needs it's own dedicated primer to stay put. Unless you are under heavy lights, such as in movie production or photography, or dancing at a club for a few hours, there's more damage to be done from all these formulations & products than gain.

The best way to view products, especially one like this where you won't get any better a result with it versus long-wear concealer/foundation, is skepticism since this isn't a regulated industry and any claims can be made & never substantiated. Just an FYI: "clinically proven" means company testing where all they did was ask participants guided questions or merely looked at them without of placebo study or blind test with other brands. It literally has zero meaning as to quality, performance or results, and if it did, it would be a rigorous study with doctor published research in a medical/science journal.

on 8/26/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this primer before any of my eye shadow to help make the pigments stand out and live up to their full potential.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of the best I've used.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this product! I bought the smaller version (0.15 oz) in March of 2014, and I still have so much product left over! I highly recommend this product and especially the smaller version because it lasts so long! I've tried using concealers on my eyelids but I found that the primer potion keeps my eyelids matte and no creasing all day!

EDIT:

I attended a spring break pool party for a few hours, and the weather was extremely humid and hot, and super sweaty. There was so much people squeezed together, and I feared my makeup would be running down my face. It was the exact opposite! I checked my makeup on the way home and was so surprised to see my eyeshadow still intact after long sweaty hours. It looked like I just applied it. Definitely one of my best purchases.

on 11/12/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I had accumulated a lot of samples of UDPP and finally started using it regularly, I was not disapointed! My eye shadow looks just as it did when I applied it hours and hours later. Before using UDPP my eye shadow would crease up and disapear despite having pretty dry skin. A little goes a long way so while it might be a little more pricey than other options it seems worth it to me.

on 11/6/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I have tried the Two Faced Shadow Insurance and the UDPP, of which, UDPP wins!! I actually am not 100% in love with the UDPP, but it is still a better base than TFSI. Shadow does truly last longer and set better with the UDPP. It applies like a creamy texture and sets into the skin. I can tell that I've applied something to my skin- there is a sort of a feeling/texture that it leaves behind, but isn't particularly bothersome. Shadows set better and show better with this base. A tube will last you for quite a while even with everyday application.

My first bottle of the UDPP was in the genie bottle- an attractively shaped hard plastic bottle with a doe foot applicator. The problem was that the product was filled into the groves of the tube and the wand only went straight up and down. I would go through my normal useage... and would get to the point where I couldn't get product out- not because it was done, but that there was excess product stuck in the sides of the bottle. People were sawing the tubes open to scrape out the rest of the stuff. Version Two was only a slight improvement- the doe foot was bent into like a 35 degree angle. Finally UD got smarter and released the kind of squeeze tube soft plastic version they have now, and these come in different shades.

on 10/1/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer. I'm one of those people who has very dry skin but super oily lids and this stuff holds my eye makeup all day and night.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My eyeshadow would look terrible without this primer, it makes my eyeshadow last HOURS, I like the fact that it comes in a tube and that I can control the amount that comes out of it. I'm not very fond of the price even though you get a TON of product in there, you can ask the sales lady for a sample as urban decay is very generous with their samples and they actually come with a lot more product than you think.

on 6/25/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a mini size as part of a kit with all the other primers as well, but I have to say that this one is my favourite.

This primer is thin and creamy in consistency, is a very light beige colour and blends out to nothing. I find that this primer does exactly what it says on the tin - really locks down my shadow and liner, but I also love putting it on my eyebrows before I put anything on them as it extends the life of my brow products even more and they will not budge.

I like the doe foot applicator and cute curvy tube that the minis come in, but I think there's probably a little wastage because of it. That said, a little goes a long way, and even the mini tube has lasted me for ages. I will probably repurchase the full size when I run out :)