Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 10/1/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started with this eye primer and have never looked back. It does an astonishing job keeping eyeshadow, liner and mascara in place all day. I used to get crazy raccoon eyes by the end of the day if I didn't use primer, and with this, I still have decent looking eye makeup 10 hours later, even with very oily skin. No creases, no raccoon eyes. An absolute must for any makeup arsenal.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

on 8/24/2017 2:41:00 PM

AY CARAMBA i have tried and tried to find a replacement of this for the sole purpose that i hate having to run to Sephora to repurchase it. I have tried: Smashbox, Benefit, E.L.F. and a few others once or twice that i cant even remember... but NOTHING compares to this.

The price is a little steep when you think about what the item is, hey its just a primer right? wrong. honestly, all my eye makeup looks lasted forever and im talking about even sleeping in my makeup (yes, terrible, i know) and my eye makeup still looks as vibrant and perfect as first application. This will last you a long while, mine lasted me a year or more and i used it almost every day.

Its definately worth it...

on 8/20/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does make my eye makeup last a lot longer.
But not the whole day, makeup does fade over time.
Don't like the fact that this makes blending the shadows so hard.
I tried Innisfree's primer but it is worse than this, unable to blend my shadows at all.
Will purchase this if I can't find anything better. This is expensive so not very happy with the result.

HG eyeshadow primer. Product goes on smooth and dries quickly. Drastically extends the life of my drugstore and high end eyeshadows. I have extremely oily lids and this is essential for perfect eyeliner application. I always get samples and purchase full size if I have an Ulta/Sephora coupon.

on 8/17/2017 7:21:00 PM

I can moisturize the heck outta my eyelids and everything and it still makes them look dry. Eyeshadow lasts yeah but I have better results with NYX eyeshadow base cause it doesn't dry my eyelids out.

on 8/14/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went back to using this after testing several primers from other companies. I love the squeeze tube. You need just the tiniest amount to cover the lid. Once applied it dries down and feels very smooth (silicones). I always set the area with some translucent powder before applying shadow. This is an important step to further prep the lid and I've noticed that it makes a big different. With this step, the shadow does not grab onto any patches, goes on more smoothly, and seems to last longer. I wear this almost every day and a small tube lasts me several months. Overall, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer and I will continue to repurchase.

Really love it!!