Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 5/7/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've bought this in the past, and most recently I received this as a free gift with my Sephora points. It's a very good primer. When I use this my eye shadow goes on more smoothly and lasts longer. The tube is super cute. Overall, it's a great product. However, I don't know if I would buy it again at full price. Normally I use e.l.f. eye shadow primer which retails for around a $1.00 dollar. The e.l.f. primer does a great job and is a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay. I'd rather spend my money on skin care, but if you have extra money to spend, or eye shadow primer is really important to you, buy the Urban Decay, it's the best of the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

on 3/24/2018 6:21:00 PM

Granted this is a great product, but I find Shadow Insurance to be less oily - and have less of yellow tint on my more neutral skin. I kind of get some eyeliner transfer (I tend to use gel or liquid) when I use UD primer.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 10/1/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started with this eye primer and have never looked back. It does an astonishing job keeping eyeshadow, liner and mascara in place all day. I used to get crazy raccoon eyes by the end of the day if I didn't use primer, and with this, I still have decent looking eye makeup 10 hours later, even with very oily skin. No creases, no raccoon eyes. An absolute must for any makeup arsenal.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

on 8/24/2017 2:41:00 PM

AY CARAMBA i have tried and tried to find a replacement of this for the sole purpose that i hate having to run to Sephora to repurchase it. I have tried: Smashbox, Benefit, E.L.F. and a few others once or twice that i cant even remember... but NOTHING compares to this.

The price is a little steep when you think about what the item is, hey its just a primer right? wrong. honestly, all my eye makeup looks lasted forever and im talking about even sleeping in my makeup (yes, terrible, i know) and my eye makeup still looks as vibrant and perfect as first application. This will last you a long while, mine lasted me a year or more and i used it almost every day.

Its definately worth it...

on 8/20/2017 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It does make my eye makeup last a lot longer.
But not the whole day, makeup does fade over time.
Don't like the fact that this makes blending the shadows so hard.
I tried Innisfree's primer but it is worse than this, unable to blend my shadows at all.
Will purchase this if I can't find anything better. This is expensive so not very happy with the result.

Video Reviews & Tutorials