Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

On one hand it makes my rainbow eyeshadow really stand out, but on the other a pointless hassle to work with:

This primer is extremely sticky. YES I know that's a good thing & adherence keeps your eyeshadows fresh HOWEVER it dries the heck out of my eyelids...and I don't even have dry eyelids! Also when I'm applying this primer I can feel myself unnecessarily dragging the skin just so the primer could spread...I'm not ready for more fine lines around my eyes! On the plus side it caused me no irritation :/

I would ONLY recommend this product to people with OILY eyelids.

I have found much better eye primers that are less than half the cost & perform just as well if not BETTER. Sorry Urban Decay, it's a NO from me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Such an incredible eyeshadow primer, the first I’ve tried and it’s already a favourite and possibly HG. In my experience, does a lot more than when I’ve tried to use concealer as a base. Helps to make shadows more vibrant and pop, last longer and apply better/smoother. I intend on either repurchasing this or trying the Anti-Ageing Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay or testing Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance. The only thing I don’t like about this primer is the price tag but luckily mine’s a sample size and I only had to pay $20 AUD for it. Another plus is it seems like a lot of product, even in the sample size and lasts forever.

on 7/5/2018 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of my must have items! I've been using this for many years and never wear eye shadow without using this first. Even my 11 year old daughter was playing dress up with use friend and I heard her holler "stop you can't put eye shadow on until you put Urban decay prime shadow on" lol. A full sized tube is 22–24 dollars depending on which variant you pick. The price is a good value for the amount in tube vs the tiny amount needed to each lid. If that is more than like to spend, the mini version is half the price and still a lot of product. Why is this a must have for me? Because when I apply this prior to shadow, it takes my eye shadow game to the next level. It gives me a primed surface that gives me a smooth blurred lid for optimal shadow application. It enhances the color worn, helping my eye-shadow be the most vibrant and bold color it can. It keeps my shadow from ever creasing or fading and holds true to that just applied look for up to 24 hours. It goes on easily, taking a small amount and dabbing it over my entire lid. It dries quickly and I've never had it have any negative effect to my shadow application. I have this in original (sheer nude) anti aging, skin (pale nude shimmer) eden (matte nude) and freebase (white). I wear them all and rotate thru them depending on the look I am going for. My only complaint is I prefer the old style to this new doe foot applicator but its not a negative about the product as much as me not liking changes. I recommend this to everyone. I don't understand how or why people wear eye shadow without priming for optimal wear each time

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 5/7/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've bought this in the past, and most recently I received this as a free gift with my Sephora points. It's a very good primer. When I use this my eye shadow goes on more smoothly and lasts longer. The tube is super cute. Overall, it's a great product. However, I don't know if I would buy it again at full price. Normally I use e.l.f. eye shadow primer which retails for around a $1.00 dollar. The e.l.f. primer does a great job and is a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay. I'd rather spend my money on skin care, but if you have extra money to spend, or eye shadow primer is really important to you, buy the Urban Decay, it's the best of the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This primer is just ok for me. It works pretty well but others hold up on my oily eyelids better. I prefer Too Faced, wet n wild, and the NYX waterproof to this one. If you have drier skin you may prefer this one though.

on 3/24/2018 6:21:00 PM

Granted this is a great product, but I find Shadow Insurance to be less oily - and have less of yellow tint on my more neutral skin. I kind of get some eyeliner transfer (I tend to use gel or liquid) when I use UD primer.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 10/1/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I started with this eye primer and have never looked back. It does an astonishing job keeping eyeshadow, liner and mascara in place all day. I used to get crazy raccoon eyes by the end of the day if I didn't use primer, and with this, I still have decent looking eye makeup 10 hours later, even with very oily skin. No creases, no raccoon eyes. An absolute must for any makeup arsenal.

Video Reviews & Tutorials