Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/4/2016 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product is amazing. Makes your eyelid feel super smooth and perfect for eyeshadow application. I use the UD Naked palette on top of it and it makes my eyeshadow last all day!

Wow...I guess you could say my rating is part of the minority...I absolutely HATED this product! My eyeshadow creased within five hours and was a mess! Not worth the money or the hype! I will stick to my milani eye primer.

on 10/26/2015 7:47:00 AM

With the new packaging (wand instead of squeeze tip), the contents get lesser and the price, higher!! I dislike the wand tip as its causes product contamination. However it is still the best eyeshadow primer imho. I've tried others and they never made my eyeshadow stay 12 hours like this one has!

on 8/7/2015 10:38:00 AM

Everything was good with this primer at first. It didn't crease on me or anything. Also colors looked more vibrant. But now a couple months in my lids are getting dry. I'm going to try alternating with a less drying eyeshadow primer and see if I can use up the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer. I didn't change anything else in my makeup routine so I know the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer is the culprit. Since it is drying out my eyelids I will not be repurchasing.

Did not care for this product. I found it made blending my eye make up difficult and tended to flake off. Yes, I was only using small amount of product and I let it dry for about 5 minutes prior to applying eye shadow.

on 6/27/2015 2:56:00 AM

I am a make up artist and yes, this primer works. Your eye shadows wont crease for 24 hours. However i found it is only for going out events as it is pretty chemical in ingredients. One more-put a tiny bit only. It will last you long time. For daily use i found a good primer for Yves Rocher and it costs only 7$. The same in quality just 4 times cheaper. This is for daily use as it contains bee wax. Will hold eye shadows for 12 hours:) hope it helps someone.

on 5/12/2015 1:46:00 AM

This is a great eyeshadow primer for my super oily lids. Did not cause irritation milia or clog the eyelids. The primer helps eyeshadow adhere better but does not intensify the color. The packaging is horrible the one that comes in a squeeze tube.The entire top of the plastic got soft and snapped off. The tube is soft waxy matte plastic not the harder plastic so after a while the tub becomes soft.

Keeps my eyeshadow on my eyes very well :)

I was really surprised by the negative reviews regarding this product. It has always worked for me: I have extremely oily lids, and shadow always ended up in the crease, or simply sliding off. When I use this primer, it stays put until I take it off, and I don't notice any crepe-iness or creasing or "old-looking" skin (whatever that means-just for the record, I'm in my forties, which is probably ancient to the reviewers who wrote that, and I still don't have crow's feet or droopy lids). I think other peoples' issues with this stem from application problems: a little of this stuff goes a long, long way. When I use it, I barely squeeze the tube to get a tiny, tiny amount on my fingertip. Then, I rub my two index fingers together, smudging it on both. Then, I apply this to each lid-just to the part where the shadow is going to go, and not past the corners of my eyes-that way, it doesn't sink into smile creases or fine lines. Then, wait for it to dry before putting on shadow. Works like a charm-I think maybe some people might just be using too much at one time-definitely, if you are finding that it looks bumpy. This is the best shadow primer I've ever tried-if I have a quibble with it, it is that it is almost too difficult to get off, but if you use a makeup remover wipe and you hold it on your eyelid for a few seconds to sort of soften the primer, it should come off more easily. I don't recall how much this cost, but I don't remember it being terribly expensive, and one little tube will last me a long while, as I don't wear eyeshadow every day. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

on 10/21/2014 9:22:00 PM