Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely one of the best primers: really helps eye shadow go on smoothly and stay put (not the easiest of tasks to achieve). Have purchased more 'premium' brands in the past i.e Estee lauder or Lancôme but none gave me the results that this has. I can use this on a morning, apply eyeshadow and not have to touch up later in the day before a night out. That's what I call results! Would recommend to all the ladies after a decent eyeshadow primer.

on 5/7/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had many primers before, but this one works wonders, especially because I do not have perfect instagram eye lids, I have droopy eyelids and for me it is important not to look like a panda when I have eyeliner on, because I really love wearing it. It enhances eyeshadow pigment, however, if you want color to pop (e.g. I have Prism from ABH with Sphere eyeshadow) I would use a more white primer to make that yellow really stand out.
But definitely buying it again, super awesome.

One of the few MU products I keep repeatedly buying (I’m always BOLO for the next newest greatest thing—I like trying new products!) I’m stuck between this & MAC 24H primer both are equally awesome & UD is a couple dollars cheaper & they don’t test although their parent company does. UDPP makes my e/s & liner stay put & I put a little on my tzone for less blotting (it seems to work! I’m oily!). This is my fave e/s primer & when I finish my MAC I’ll “only” rebuy UDPP (the travel size is only $12 & lasts a long time.) The big 1 I’d worry about drying out some. I don’t mind the wand, I reserve mine for personal use. Bottom line is it does its job, it’s fairly easy to procure, & it won’t break the bank. #winning Grade: A+

on 4/20/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I heard the amazing reviews for this product, and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it...and wow! Really great stuff, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eye shadow look amazing and last all day like I just put it on. I'm only mad I waited this long to purchase it! five stars all the way.

on 4/16/2018 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta because of all the rave reviews. I am really impressed with this eyeshadow primer and absolutely worth the hype! This makes my eyeshadow last 12+ hours and the Lancome eyeshadow primer I had used for several years only lasted me 8 hours. I bought this in the mini size and will for sure buy this in the full size. Love it!!!!!

on 4/15/2018 1:46:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this primer. My eyelids are so oily that no eyeshadow stays put on them without creasing or dissolving. So I never really wear e/s. With just a small amount of this primer, my eye shadow lasted 5 to 6 hours! I bought it during Ulta's sale, but would gladly pay full price for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing primer,honestly the price is fair for what it does and how long it lasts.I don't use any other primer unless I am running errands and don't care about my eyeshadow.This primer really does help keep your eyeshadows locked in,but doesn't stop them from being blendable.Doesn't smell,a little goes a long way,and it goes on smoothly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials