Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/11/2004 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

OK, to start this review out with a little background...I have amazingly oily lids with a very deep crease, so nothing works for me. You name an e/s base, I've tried it and it failed for me. Up until a few days ago I had pretty much given up on e/s and was planning to swap and sell all of them away.

Then while I was at Sephora I happened to spot this new UD Primer Potion and thought what the heck, I'd give it a whirl. THANK GOD I DID! This has to be the best, and I do mean THE BEST e/s primer in the world!!!! It's the perfect neutral light color that just looks like my eye lids but better (I'm a cool PPP) and it drys fast.

The first time I tried it I put the primer on and a powder e/s over it. And it stayed from application at 7:30am until I was leaving work at 4pm. AMAZING! I've never, NEVER had a primer do that for me. And then yesterday I did a layer of primer and then a layer of WnW cream e/s over it. That stayed on so long I had to remove it myself at night! LOL FABULOUS!!!!

So if you have problems with e/s staying on like I do, give this a shot! I hope it works for everyone as well as it does for me. :D
**EDITED: After much experimentation, I much prefer Too Faced Shadow Insurance now to UDPP. Please see my review of TFSI here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=100205

on 8/12/2004 8:23:00 PM

There isn't much I can add about this product. It truly is the best primer out there, better than Benefit FY Eye, better than anything I've ever tried. Get it now!

THE BEST! I can't rave enough about this! My e/s stays on just as long, if not longer than when I use MAC Paints.

I like that it is a nice sheer, neutral shade. It should wear well on most skintones, and the true color of your e/s shows.

As far as application goes, I dab a little on my lid with the wand, then smooth it out from lashline to brow with my finger.

This is definitely a new staple & HG for me. UD better not ever discontinue this fabulous product! continued >>

on 8/18/2004 2:49:00 PM

I have to agree with these reviews. I got a gift certificate for my birthday and was going to buy this when I saw that it was out of stock on the Sephora website. I kept checking back and lept on it when i saw that it was back in stock. It works really well. I dot it onto my eyelids with the wand, smooth it on with my finger and then let it dry. It doesn't feel tigh or dry-in fact I can't feel it at all. It seems to help my shadow last all day, and for oily-eyelid me that is a first.

on 8/19/2004 2:22:00 PM

Lovely texture.I put it on at 8am and at 10pm there was not a crease in sight!I tend to get shiny eyelids too and this does exactly what the genie says! (If you buy it you'll understand what I mean!)

on 8/23/2004 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Excellent product! Bought it at Sephora for about $15. My eye shadow was always creasing and fading when I applied it directly on my lids. Now w/ the primer potion, it stays put and the color lasts. This product really lives up to it's claims. The applicator is great too...it's like a lipgloss wand. However, I do have a little trouble keeping it off my eye lashes while applying. I prefer to blend it w/ my fingers, as oppose to the wand, so that it's applied evenly. You'll definitely need eye makeup remover to take off you eye shadow.

on 8/25/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the absolute best primer product on the market! I am always on the lookout for a primer and this is the best i have ever tried. My eyeshadow lasted all day 13 hours, without creasing and shadow remaining true to color. This comes in a slender tube designed slightly like a genie bottle with a wand type applicator that retails for $15. It is most similiar to Loreal de-crease but the formula goes on slightly more sticky but dries immediately to a natural finish. This is better than Benefit FyEye, PD eyeprimer, Loreal De-crease, TF eye base. I find this about equal to MAC paints but mac paints arent designed as a base, so the nuetral shade of UD looks like your skin. Mac paints are also thicker and harder to apply. The UD just slide on, blend with finger and apply eyeshadow. It is a amazing primer and new HG for me!
*UPDATE* This is no longer my favorite shadow primer. The newest Shadow Insurance from TooFaced is better. Better packaging. Both last equally well, but the UD had a crepey effect with a tiny crease so TF is the winner and my new HG. The UDPP is still a good product but now there is better available.

on 8/30/2004 1:55:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this product. I have really oily lids, and I have hereditary dark eye circles, under my eye and on my eyelids. That means I am a tough case.

I am a MAC Nc30, but my eyelids are darker. I applied the Primer Potion in a light layer on each eye, and then applied my e/s. I found that it made some of the shadows look a little chalky on my lids.
The 2nd day I wore it, since I was just staying home, I did an eye to eye test. 1 lid with UD's and 1 day with Laura Mercier's Eye Basics, my staple. The UD did not last as long as the LM. Close, but I'll be sticking with Laura Mercier's. continued >>

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Need I say more? You have to try it to appreciate it, because it is such a great product... keeps my eyeshadow/pigment/liner in place all day long. It actually pulls the pigment onto your eye from the brush. A must have. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because the packaging is gimmicky - the bottle probably doesn't hold much, but is overly ornate, and the price could be a little more reasonable. I will purchase it again though. EDIT: bumping this up to 5 lippies, because I cannot live without it, the longevity it gives my e/s plus the fact that it does not budge makes it invaluable!

Great eyeshadow primer. My lids are uber oily, and crease up within of 10 minutes of applying my makeup. This primer stopped the oilies *and* kept my shadow in place and looking perfect from morning to night !!