Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by age: 44-55
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/14/2017 10:11:00 PM

Used this for years but always had to blot the eyeshadow pooled in my crease after 5-6 hours. Eyeshadow definitely lasts longer with this but on me still wears off after 8+ hours. Recently I tried a sample of Too Faced shadow insurance which works much better on me - no creasing after 8+ hours and no fading. Plus I like the tube much better. I've also heard that the Milani works as well as this and plan to try that, because Milani doesn't test on animals, and while Too Faced is a "cruelty free" line, the parent company tests on animals in China.

on 11/14/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just tossed my last tube of this. The packaging is awful and it's overpriced. I hate the wand, it's really unsanitary. I tested some others recently and found 2 that to me, seem equivalent to or better than Urban Decay. Urban Decay Potion does a nice job, but I see no difference in the Milani ( around 7.50) and the Wet n Wild Wet n Wild Photo Focus Only A Matter of Prime. (around 4.99). Both make my shadow last just as long, neither crease, and neither cause any irritation, so why pay more when I can pick these up in the drugstore and not have an unsanitary sponge applicator?

The Best.Period. My eyeshadow doesn't move. This is the only eye primer I will use and I have used it for at least 10 years.

on 1/23/2017 9:48:00 PM

This primer used to be wonderful in the old tube with no applicator and a different formula, it was the best and that is why it was a cult favorite. However, packaging and formula has changed and it is awful!! Eyeshadow does not stay on at all. I wa told at Ulta that L'Oreal bought out Urban Decay. Urban Decay (L'Oréal) PLEASE bring back the old, great formula. Luckily, I just ordered 3 tubes of the good version but when they run out I will be buying something else.

on 1/12/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used a few different varieties of this primer, and I find that the shimmer primers last longer than the regular ones. None of them, however, have any magical ingredients exclusive to gluing on eyeshadow, and the same can be accomplished with a long-lasting concealer, such as Revlon Colorstay or even All-nighter foundation.

Urban Decay keeps repackaging their primers as if to insinuate that every speck of makeup needs it's own dedicated primer to stay put. Unless you are under heavy lights, such as in movie production or photography, or dancing at a club for a few hours, there's more damage to be done from all these formulations & products than gain.

The best way to view products, especially one like this where you won't get any better a result with it versus long-wear concealer/foundation, is skepticism since this isn't a regulated industry and any claims can be made & never substantiated. Just an FYI: "clinically proven" means company testing where all they did was ask participants guided questions or merely looked at them without of placebo study or blind test with other brands. It literally has zero meaning as to quality, performance or results, and if it did, it would be a rigorous study with doctor published research in a medical/science journal.

on 11/3/2016 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this primer and have been using it for years, but something seems to have changed. After application it used to dry transparently, but now I see streaky product all over my lids. Worse than that, it's gotten harder to blend my eye shadow once I have the primer on. The shadow sticks to the primer and it's very difficult now to move it around. I'm not sure what is going on. The primer I'm using isn't very old, got it a few months ago and I'm not trying it with new shadows or brushes. The good news is that my eye shadow does actually stay on all day/night, but the application process is not as smooth and easy as it once was. I'm going to try something different after this one is done.

on 10/24/2016 1:16:00 PM

Love, love, love this product. It goes on easy - I dab some on my finger than pat all over my lid (all the way to my lashes). It keeps my shadow and eye liner in place all day. Fabulous. It is not cheap but worth every penny!

on 4/17/2016 7:22:00 PM

I scored a large container of this on a clearance rack at Ulta. I was excited because I had been wanting to try it since everyone seems to love it so. For me, It did make the lid less oily and make the shadow hold longer. However, it almost had too much "grab", making my shadow far less blendable. I like to blend a contour shade up into the crease and this seemed to make it "stick" right where I put it and not blend well at all. It performed better for me if I put just the tiniest bit on the lid only, not up on the crease and brow bone. I have other primers (Jouer, Mirenesse) that I prefer and can put from lash line to brow without causing blending issues. I also have a few cream shadows (Chanel) that work well as primers. For the price I would have to LOVE this product to purchase it again and I just don't. I ended up giving it to my daughter and she likes it so perhaps it's a matter of preference, but this one is just not for me.

I don't get the rave reviews of this product. Even though the first few ingredients of this and Too Faced Shadow Insurance are the same - there is something in this one that slight stings my eyelids when I put it on. I thought it was just a strange one-time occurrence but I tried it several times - always had the slight stinging upon initial application. There is another brand - I believe it was Prestige - that did the same thing. While it did make my shadow last a little longer - I didn't like the initial stinging and didn't feel like it extended the wear that long. Then I tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance and was blown away. So - now I have my holy grail with that one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely helps set my UD Naked eye shadows for a long day at work. Doesn't irritate my eyes and feels smooth-not greasy going onto my lids.