Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/5/2018 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of my must have items! I've been using this for many years and never wear eye shadow without using this first. Even my 11 year old daughter was playing dress up with use friend and I heard her holler "stop you can't put eye shadow on until you put Urban decay prime shadow on" lol. A full sized tube is 22–24 dollars depending on which variant you pick. The price is a good value for the amount in tube vs the tiny amount needed to each lid. If that is more than like to spend, the mini version is half the price and still a lot of product. Why is this a must have for me? Because when I apply this prior to shadow, it takes my eye shadow game to the next level. It gives me a primed surface that gives me a smooth blurred lid for optimal shadow application. It enhances the color worn, helping my eye-shadow be the most vibrant and bold color it can. It keeps my shadow from ever creasing or fading and holds true to that just applied look for up to 24 hours. It goes on easily, taking a small amount and dabbing it over my entire lid. It dries quickly and I've never had it have any negative effect to my shadow application. I have this in original (sheer nude) anti aging, skin (pale nude shimmer) eden (matte nude) and freebase (white). I wear them all and rotate thru them depending on the look I am going for. My only complaint is I prefer the old style to this new doe foot applicator but its not a negative about the product as much as me not liking changes. I recommend this to everyone. I don't understand how or why people wear eye shadow without priming for optimal wear each time

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 5/7/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've bought this in the past, and most recently I received this as a free gift with my Sephora points. It's a very good primer. When I use this my eye shadow goes on more smoothly and lasts longer. The tube is super cute. Overall, it's a great product. However, I don't know if I would buy it again at full price. Normally I use e.l.f. eye shadow primer which retails for around a $1.00 dollar. The e.l.f. primer does a great job and is a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay. I'd rather spend my money on skin care, but if you have extra money to spend, or eye shadow primer is really important to you, buy the Urban Decay, it's the best of the best.

One of the few MU products I keep repeatedly buying (I’m always BOLO for the next newest greatest thing—I like trying new products!) I’m stuck between this & MAC 24H primer both are equally awesome & UD is a couple dollars cheaper & they don’t test although their parent company does. UDPP makes my e/s & liner stay put & I put a little on my tzone for less blotting (it seems to work! I’m oily!). This is my fave e/s primer & when I finish my MAC I’ll “only” rebuy UDPP (the travel size is only $12 & lasts a long time.) The big 1 I’d worry about drying out some. I don’t mind the wand, I reserve mine for personal use. Bottom line is it does its job, it’s fairly easy to procure, & it won’t break the bank. #winning Grade: A+

on 4/20/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I heard the amazing reviews for this product, and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it...and wow! Really great stuff, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eye shadow look amazing and last all day like I just put it on. I'm only mad I waited this long to purchase it! five stars all the way.

on 4/15/2018 1:46:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this primer. My eyelids are so oily that no eyeshadow stays put on them without creasing or dissolving. So I never really wear e/s. With just a small amount of this primer, my eye shadow lasted 5 to 6 hours! I bought it during Ulta's sale, but would gladly pay full price for it.

on 2/9/2018 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I was told by many ladies that this is THE eyeshadow primer that beats the others. Maybe it's my oily lids, maybe I need wand-application education, but I really didn't like this primer. My shadow creased pretty quickly around the 3 hour mark and the wand did not let me know when I was out of primer. I preferred the tube much more for control of application. I have since moved on to others but am still on the search for THE eyeshadow primer that will keep my shadow on post work hours.

on 1/5/2018 3:26:00 PM

This eyeshadow primer is AMAZING! I can't live without it. I don't wear it daily, when I'm going for a lighter makeup look with little or no eyeshadow. But if I'm doing a full face makeup, this is the cat's meow. It has literally never creased on me. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens... ooops!) my eye makeup still looks flawless and creaseless in the morning, which is unbelievable.

I understand that people don't like the packaging with the wand. I'm still using the tubes. Since I love this so much and I was moving overseas, I bought a couple of tubes at the same time and because you only need a tiny bit of product each time, one tube has lasted me for at least two years and still going. And it doesn't seem to spoil easily. It has not dried out, separated, or anything. And I still have a full, unopened squeeze tube.

I do think that the wand is stupid and UB should go back to the squeeze tube design. It's much more sanitary and prevents the product from drying out. But regardless, if I ran out of this, I would definitely buy it again.

on 10/2/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've purchased and repurchased this over the years. Why on earth did they go back to the original packaging. I've only had my last tube for a little over a month and its already drying out. I will be looking for another product that can replace what used to be a HG for me.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials