Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/2/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've purchased and repurchased this over the years. Why on earth did they go back to the original packaging. I've only had my last tube for a little over a month and its already drying out. I will be looking for another product that can replace what used to be a HG for me.

Burns like FIRE! A burning fire on my eyelid. As its burning you try to blend and it ends up drying into a smeared goopy mess. So, you've got your goopy fire eyelid, which now needs more shadow to cover the red which you smear up. At this point you've got to be at that event and you wish you'd never tried to make your 🔥 mess eye makeup long lasting.

on 8/20/2017 5:22:00 PM

Works well for
Keeping eye shadow and liner on.
Liner stays on all day!

on 8/17/2017 7:21:00 PM

I can moisturize the heck outta my eyelids and everything and it still makes them look dry. Eyeshadow lasts yeah but I have better results with NYX eyeshadow base cause it doesn't dry my eyelids out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a waste of money. I would have returned it if I bought it myself, but unfortunately I have received it as a Christmas gift form a friend of mine.
Why do I hate it:
I apply it on clean eyelids first and than I apply foundation to the rest of my face. By the time I've done with foundation this primer creases all over my lids at every single time!
Why do I need a primer that creases if I have eyeshadows (MAC) that do not do that for hours?
It might be a personal thing, but I would strongly recommend to try it on first and wait for couple of hours to see how it performs before actually buying it.

on 2/19/2017 1:46:00 PM

Absolutely brilliant makes the colours pop and my eyeshadow does not move and lasts all day and night.

on 1/23/2017 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily eyelid, hooded eyes and sensitive watery eyes. I'm forever in search of a primer that allows me to use eyeshadow. Already tried TheBalm, Smashbox and Nars. All of them failed and UDPP is yet another disappointment.

It applies smoothly and dries very fast, which is great. That is that. It makes blending difficult, which i thought was because the primer was securing the eyeshadow that much. No luck for me.

With the other primers, the eyeshadow creases. UDPP (original) goes a step down. It creases and forms a goop mess that makes me feel like there is even more oil in my lid.

Still searching.

Update 02.09.2017: Didn't say before but i find it expensive for the amount of primer. I hate the wand package in anything. Give me a squeeze tube and I am happy.

I treated an eye skin condition and after it i used the primer again. No more goop, but it still didn't hold the eyeshadow that good in my more hooded eyes (I have different hoodiness in each eyes😂). By the end of the day, i had uneven colors, with the less hooded eye having more intense color.

on 1/1/2017 6:04:00 PM

THIS REVIEW IS OF THE "ORIGINAL" STYLE TUBE--NOT THE NEWER APPLICATOR TUBE - This product has made it possible for me to wear eye shadow and eye liner. Yes, I have tried some other eye primers with varied results, but this stuff is the absolute bomb! Makeup-wise, it has been a life-changer for me. I have incredibly oily eyelids. Any makeup slides off or accumulates grotesquely in the crease within an hour of application--really. However, with a freckle-sized application of UD eyeshadow primer potion, I can apply seriously any color, amount, and style of shadow or liner and it stays put until I remove it. I have traveled internationally on long hauls that took over 24-hours and my eye makeup actually survived intact! It's very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. It has no discernible scent. It dries invisibly on my (fair with yellow undertones) skin. I use it on my upper and lower lids, as well as beyond the corners of my eyes. I can't do makeup without this product anymore.

DRAWBACK - This product is now sold with a new applicator (rather than in a tube, out of which the putty-like product is directly squeezed). I do NOT like the new applicator and I have therefore stockpiled tubes of the old stuff. I am not sure whether the new applicator also means a new formulation. If and when I run out of my horde of old-style product, I am not sure whether I will continue to use the product. :(

Love this. I'm a relative newcomer to primers, but this one makes SUCH a difference. I have deep set eyes so eyeshadow is very prone to creasing or wearing off, but this is fantastic - last week I put my make up on at 3pm, got back at 2am and my eyeshadow looked nearly as good as it did when I applied it. A little goes a long way so it's worth the price.

Good product, even a small tube lasts a long time. Not greasy like some of the other eye shadow primers.