Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/25/2017 1:04:00 PM

I like this and this is the best eye primer that I have tried. I don't claim that this is perfect but close to it/haven't found better. It keeps my eye shadow on almost all day( about 11hours),and makeup never creases with this.Doesn't dry out or irritate my eyelids. I use eye makeup every day,so I can really tell when something is really working. I don't like the new packagin because I think that the applicator is useless.
To reviewers who say that this makes blending tougher: Make sure you use setting powder/light eyeshadow on you entire lid after application.I've never had any blending problems.

on 8/14/2017 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went back to using this after testing several primers from other companies. I love the squeeze tube. You need just the tiniest amount to cover the lid. Once applied it dries down and feels very smooth (silicones). I always set the area with some translucent powder before applying shadow. This is an important step to further prep the lid and I've noticed that it makes a big different. With this step, the shadow does not grab onto any patches, goes on more smoothly, and seems to last longer. I wear this almost every day and a small tube lasts me several months. Overall, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer and I will continue to repurchase.

I like how this primer applies smoothly on the eyelid . It allows your eyeshadow to look beautiful for hours, but once I got the 6 -7 hr mark it can start to crease a bit . I'm happy that it comes in a smaller size and that it's now paraben free.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This primer is ok. It is not the best I have used and I have had my eye shadow crease with this. I also do not like the packaging. When running low, it is hard to get the remaining product out. I would just prefer to use my foundation or shape tape over this primer.

This stuff really works. I have hooded lids and oily eyelids. Without this, eyeshadow would only last on me for an hour or two, no matter how much blending and setting I did. With this, it lasts all day! And reduces transfer too. I'm impressed.

on 4/29/2017 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have deep set, hooded and down-turned eyes with pretty oily eyelids - an absolute nightmare when it comes to eye makeup. Before I got this product, eyeshadow was pretty much impossible for me - whatever formula or consistency, they would last about 5-10 seconds, and eye primers I've tried have done absolutely nothing to help. But this...this is just life changing! I'm finally able to wear colour on my eyes! I'm beyond thrilled! Plus the packaging is cute as hell, and I think the price is ok when considerinh how well the product works. 100% in love.

on 3/19/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is for the "old" tube/formula (have not tried the new). I was at Nordstrom Rack yesterday, and they had a ton of these for about ~$10. I've only tried cheapie eye primers before, but had heard good things about the UD primer. HOLY COW. GAME CHANGER. I never really realized that my eye makeup could stay so pristine for so long! I feel like a YouTube Model! Now that I know they've changed the formula, I'm gonna go back and stock up!

on 3/4/2017 2:22:00 PM

My eyes were swollen and caused the back of my hand itchiness and redness when applied.

on 1/1/2017 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid 30's, dry skin in U area,normal&slightly oily on T area.

Everyone talks about this product, beauty gurus, YT MUA and basically everyone. So I thought it must be one wickedly awesome product. Not.
I'm glad I didnt buy the full size because I'm certain it will end up somewhere else but my eyelids.

It does not live up the hype. At least to me. I got it in sample size so I cannot comment about the packging.

My eyelids are dry, so dry any eyeshadow from drugstore brands to high end brands feels like chalk up there without primer, even after moisturizer. So naturally I want a moisturizing primer.

Meanwhile it does amazing job to keep my eyeshadow lasts longer, it dries my lids like a nightmare. Either drugstore eyeshadow or the high end ones feel chalkier in a terrible way. It doesnt settle in lines or feel heavy on my lids, tho, but the utter dryness is unberable.

Not reccommended at all if you have dry eyelids like mine.

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!