Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

On one hand it makes my rainbow eyeshadow really stand out, but on the other a pointless hassle to work with:

This primer is extremely sticky. YES I know that's a good thing & adherence keeps your eyeshadows fresh HOWEVER it dries the heck out of my eyelids...and I don't even have dry eyelids! Also when I'm applying this primer I can feel myself unnecessarily dragging the skin just so the primer could spread...I'm not ready for more fine lines around my eyes! On the plus side it caused me no irritation :/

I would ONLY recommend this product to people with OILY eyelids.

I have found much better eye primers that are less than half the cost & perform just as well if not BETTER. Sorry Urban Decay, it's a NO from me.

This stuff is my holy grail in my makeup collection, its the only one that seems to work for me. I've tried others and nothing performs like this one. The only thing I hate about it is they like to change the packaging a lot I've had both versions from the squeeze tube to the doe-foot applicator and I find the squeeze tube the best because you can get just a little bit you seem to have more control. This also great for glitters too and chrome shadows it work for everything just love it.

on 7/13/2018 4:36:00 PM

I got myself the trial size which is awesomely available to start with. I do not use eyeshadow but have creasing in laugh lines when wearing foundation and have been reading this might help. It really does. I use the applicator directly on skin and it is well made and multitask. I love the container really and the ''brush'' is really user friendly. I find it hard to blend on face but since it's not it's intended purpose it only makes sense. makes sure to blend well it it is for foundation creasing otherwise it'll be patchy. Pricey but now 50% off at ullta so it's time to get one :)

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

on 5/7/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had many primers before, but this one works wonders, especially because I do not have perfect instagram eye lids, I have droopy eyelids and for me it is important not to look like a panda when I have eyeliner on, because I really love wearing it. It enhances eyeshadow pigment, however, if you want color to pop (e.g. I have Prism from ABH with Sphere eyeshadow) I would use a more white primer to make that yellow really stand out.
But definitely buying it again, super awesome.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

An oldie but a goodie. I've used this throughout all the repackagings and reformulations and it still remains my favorite eye primer. It drastically enhances the vividness and intensity of eyeshadows and locks them in place for the whole day. The texture is perfect for the job, too - not too dry and crumbly and not too oily. I will never do an eye look without priming first, because everything just looks mediocre without it. Good eyeshadows, bad eyeshadows... every eyeshadow benefits from it.

The wand applicator is pretty annoying but it doesn't take away from how great the formula is.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

i have this in the matte shade... this is the third eyeshadow primer I've used. i got the clinique lid smoothie (do NOT like at all) the Too Faced eye insurance and now this. honestly, some mornings i am running late for work (usually am always at least 5-7 minutes late) and skip the eyeshadow primer just cuz i won't have time to set it, and honestly i can tell the difference if i use it or not. i use high quality eyeshadow though of course. usually morphe or tarte or huda palette and its like the eyeshadow primers are just ANOTHER step in my makeup routine that I'm not even sure if it's necessary or not if that makes sence... sorry I'm sleepy lol!!!

on 11/8/2017 12:30:00 PM

I have yet to find a dupe of this primer; but for now, I'm gonna keep buying it because it makes everything else I put on my eyes last longer + makes colors more vivid.

on 10/13/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This potion is the grail of all makeup. I told all of my friends about this primer and continue to do so. I LOVE IT. It lasts a REALLY long time too. I had one that lasted me YEARS and I used it daily. I don't love the wand application but it's easier to use and can't really complain. Really makes my eye shadow POP and look vibrant and beautiful. Lasts a long time too. Everyone should definitely purchase this and have it in their makeup stash. It's fantastic!

on 10/12/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. HOWEVER.. UD's new packaging for this item really sucks. It sucks so much that I am actually going to switch to Milani's eyeshadow primer which works just as well and is much cheaper. Until UD goes back to the squeezy tube packaging I will NOT repurchase. Sorry not sorry UD ;)

Just FYI ladies, Wet N Wild has a GREAT dupe of this. It's the PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer. Scope the reviews for that product, everyone compares it to UD one!

Video Reviews & Tutorials