Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Great product! Elizabeth Arden is such an underestimated brand. It deserves more praise. This is a flawless product, it provides hydration, Regardless of a matte finish. Everyone compliments me when I wear this. I guess it imparts a healthy glow and perfect skin finish. I believe the quality of this powder is better than the MAC mineralize skin finishes. The price is right, as well as the convenient packaging. It is suitable for even the most sensitive skins.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good powder. It serves it's purpose and does the job. I hate the packaging of all loose powders. They really have to invent something else to hold this stuff. And the container tends to crack on my. It doesn't break, it just cracks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is fantastic. I have to wear loose powder because of my oily skin and I find that trying new powders really is a crapshoot. I once again came out to MUA and based off of reviews picked this up off of eBay for about 14 bucks with shipping and handling.

The finish on this is absolutely flawless (hence the name?). It's soft and doesn't feel like most loose powders. I use the puff to pat it on and then blend with a brush and it makes my skin look unbelievable. Really! I have used this with the Mousse foundation and the two together look amazing. The Mousse is a little sheer for my horrible skin (lots of redness around my nose and chin) but the powder adds just enough coverage to make a difference. I can't believe I had never used Arden's makeup before... and based off of these products I will be using more.

A little additional info - given my insanely oily skin, this powder lasts me the whole day (with just one swipe of an oil absorbing cloth in the afternoon). The coverage is great and the texture is amazingly light. AND this never oxidizes or cakes.

truly flawless. i usually use this on its own (i don't like the heavy foundation batters). controls oil. keep in mind not to open it in a hurry. once i did and the "sifting" thing came out as i opened the lid. powder was all over the floor. disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this along with the Mousse foundation. I love it just as much. I am not a fan of loose powder because they are so drying but this is not. It is truely flawless. I was holding it upside down and hitting the bottom to get some powder out and luckily I was in the bathroom and I had a tissue layed out on the counter so it went allllllll over but I was able to get it all back in since it was on a tissue. So be becareful when using this! Overall, it is great. For the first time, I am done searching for the perfect makeup. I will use Elizabeth Arden forever.

This is my favorite powder. Loose powders tend to be dry and flaky on my skin, but I have had no problems with this one. Goes on very nicely and has a natural finish. I am a MAC NC20 and the lightest shade was perfect for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased Flawless Finish Loose Powder when I became skeptical of a couple of ingredients or couldn't get a color match in a couple of other brands (Laura Mercier, Chanel, Becca). My old powder (Lorac) had become too drying for my skin. My complexion tends to be cool-to-neutral based (NW 15-20), and many powders are just too yellow-tinted for me. I tried the EA Flawless Finish in Light 1, on the peachy-pink side, which is just perfect for me -- whether or not I wear foundation. It doesn't cake over applications of either concealer or sunscreen; reapplications over my oilier areas during the day do not cause undue build-up nor settle in my lines. The powder comes in a sifter jar, accompanied by a powder puff. I apply the powder with a large powder brush instead.

Those with light, more yellow-based complexions would prefer Light 2. Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, squalane, nylon-12, mica, lauroyl lysine, silica, methicone, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides.

06/02/06: I'm still in love with this powder. I tried Laura Mercier once again and found it to be highly visible on my skin. The EA never looks powdery on my complexion in comparison. continued >>

This is a great loose powder - I like Laura Mercier loose translucent a little better though. This powder does have some color whereas LM is totally colorless. So if you like to apply a thicker layer of powder this would be good because you won't get that washed-out look that too much LM powder can cause. It's cheap, too!

I have been looking for a good loose powder. I've searched high and low (Laura Mercier, Lancome, Estee, Milani, Alamy) This is the first one of the bunch that I am really impressed with. I used Light 1 and it's great for my cool tone skin. I have a problem with foundations and powders turning orange on the jawline and this one does not. But it's not translucent to the point where it looks white and pasty either. It does have a small tinge of color that just gives me a nice litte glow (but no line). No problems with breakouts and it doesn't settle into my fine lines. In fact, it seemed to soften my imperfections and give me a nice flawless look. A little goes a long way, which means it will last me a good long time. So for $22 it's a good deal. I think this is an under-rated product, and maybe an under-rated line.

I am 40-ish with fair, combination, ultra sensitive and allergic skin. I put this powder on with a brush and like the result. It doesn't make my dry areas look as obvious as many other powders.