L'Oreal Lasting Curls

4.8

This has been my gel for years. It went off the market for a little while and I was devastated, but SOOOOO excited that it came back recently. I love this product. There are so many great qualities about it. I have very dark hair and it does not show dandruff or residue, even if I don't wash my hair for a day or two. It does not dull my hair. It works to make my hair curly or slicked back or just controls my frizz. I like to use it on damp hair and sometimes add a touch of warm water to make it a little thinner if I want a lighter hold. Throughout the day I can add a little water to my hair and it will refresh the look if needed. I also find that I don't need to use too much of it to get the looks I want. Truly an amazing and inexpensive product. Whenever I see it in the store, I pick up several bottles at once.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very inexpensive way to define your natural waves.curls. I scrunch this in when my hair is slightly damp. I notice it does not work as well when my hair is too wet. Great stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased this product again and again after lapses to various others (Ouidad, Fekkai, etc.) and always seem to come back it. It may very well have to be my HG at some point, but I am still looking. I have to give it extra snaps because it is just so cheap, yet works as well as the other more expensive brands I've tried.

I have coarse, wavy hair that tends to frizz, but can be either blown and flat ironed straight or coaxed into a curl. When I choose to wear my hair curly with minimal styling I work a generous amount into towel-dried hair, turn upside, down, and rake my fingers through the strands, then flip back up to shape the resultant curls. When I put a bit more time into it, I section off my hair, work the gel into the hair, and twist individual strands. (Learned all these techniques from going to Ouidad salons). Then air or dry with a diffuser. The result is just as good as with more expensive products and it really takes advantage of my natural curl. My only beef with this product is the initial "crunchy" feel, which to be fair, wears off. I just wish I could have soft curls right away!

I have finally started to embrace my god-given curls and give my blowdryer a rest and thank goodness I had this product on hand. I don't know when I bought it but I do know that for a few dollars it was well worth it! It's fabulous for thick, curly hair. The secret is to apply a generous amount when my hair is very wet, right out of the shower. My curls are soft, springy and, dare I say, lucious! I have gotten so many compliments on my "Botticelli" curls-I love it! I've abhorred my curls for so many years and now it's time to welcome them back into my life, as is. I'm starting to appreciate and love them and this product has certainly helped that to happen!