Zoya Charisma

2.6

on 4/21/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love this color! It's so pretty and vibrant. Classified as a neon but to me it's not so neon that would make it inappropriate for work. Yes it does apply streaky only one coat but adding a 2nd or 3rd coat resolves that. It is also matte so a shiny top coat would be necessary if you don't like a matte finish.

on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

YUCK. Sooo streaky and chipped in less than 24 hours. Can find better and cheaper dupes out there. Like Purple Panic from China Glaze.

on 5/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

I lovveee Zoya. It is my favorite brand but I really hate this nail polish. I know that most neons, especially shades like this, dry matte and are never as neon as they appear on the bottle. I, however, was expecting much better. Not only does it dry matte (which can be fixed with a top coat) it is streaky and chips sooo quick. My polish can typically last 5-8 days with minimal chipping. This started chipping after ONE day! I could not believe it. Application is a pain. If you happen to go over one area more than once to smooth it out, it will pull on the polish. Swatches online can be deceiving, so in all honesty I would just pass. I really really regret getting this one.

on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM

This color is beautiful, but the quality is not so good. Application is streaky and it chips SO FAST! Honestly I had chips within a few hours, with base and top coat. It does dry matte, but its nothing a topcoat can't fix. I have 5 other Zoya polishes and I typically get good wear out of them and they apply like a dream. Charisma is just a bad egg. :(

WOW!! Its NOT FAIR that people have left so many bad reviews....when they don't even know what this is!!!!!

Please read a products description.....before you write a bad review about it!! Or just school yourself first in the world of lacquer!

I am here to tell ya that....This is bad azz neon!!
Its a darker hot pinked PURPLE, with a some red undertones!!
Its very similar to Essie's Perky Purple(basically dupes)

Yes, it is like a jelly.....but neons usually have a thinner consistency.
Though, with my matte basecoat of NailTekII ..... 2/3 coats of lacquer....then add a SHINY TOPCOAT (neons ALWAYS need a TOP COAT) of Seche/Poshe.....its good to go for well over 2 weeks on my toes!!!

Its simply an amazing dark hot pink!( I hate lighter pink neons, as they seem too juvenile looking!)

So, the bad reviews sux!!

I mean C'MON girls..........

ALL NEONS DRY MATTE!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!

And for a NEON......(which is ALWAYS a lil TRICKIER to APPLY, than a REGULAR lacquer).......this APPLIES VERY WELL!!!!
I love this and their other neon LAYLA....for my lil piggies in the summer!

I'm really surprised by all the bad reviews! This is a great, fun color! It' a neon purple with berry kinda undertone. It's so fun and fierce, everytime I wear it I can't stop looking at my nails :D
It is a neon and like all neons I've tried it dries matte, that' just how it works, don't ask me why. But with a top coat the problem is solved and it becomes and stays super shiny (well super shiny if you use Seche Vite of course).
I posted a pick of my mani of this I would just like to say that its NOT ACCURATE, this color is much more vivid and neon and glowy then any picture can portray. The shade and undertone is accurate, but the neon quality gets lots, you just can't photograph these accurately, but it does give a general idea.

on 3/10/2009 4:55:00 PM

Blind sighted by the matte finish. I can't get over it. it's absolutely attrocious.

Otherwise, if it actually had a lacquer to it, i'd probably like it.

on 1/28/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this, the color in the bottle is really bright and pretty.

I was super disappointed! The finish looked like I painted my nails with wall paint. After I put a top coat on they looked 100% better.

But then the chipping! More like peeling. I think my manicure lasted 2 days before all my nails had no color on them, bc the color has peeled off.

Would def not recommend this, unless you like to touch up all the time.

on 7/4/2006 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a bright purple-y fuschia to my eyes (not good with colour descriptions). I love the colour, but not crazy about the polish. I found it to me quite watery to apply and streaky. It took three coats to get complete coverage and it dried to a flat finish. I absolutely needed a topcoat to get any shine. Not a repurchase for me.

on 2/25/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour is totally awesome. A unique, purplish-pink. I love it.

I also love how it's formaldehyde & toluene free. I don't mind having to put a top coat on after.

But this stuff flakes off like there's no tomorrow! Horrendous! And when paired with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat, I've had WHOLE NAILS of colour just flake off in one piece after two hours!

It's a shame, really. I guess the formaldehyde is in there for a reason.

UPDATE: My sister bought a different shade of Zoya, a pearlescent one. Charisma is matte. My sister's Zoya colour doesn't flake off at all, so I suspect it's a problem the only the matte ones have.

Popular Polishes