Filtered by hair type : Straight

1.7

First off: this polish is a MATTE. That's why it dries quickly and looks chalky. It will not stay on long, because that's just what mattes do.

The Zoya website now tells you that it's a matte, but when I purchased it, they did not. That led me to a huge surprise when I first put it on, but after the initial confusion, it wasn't a big deal.

The reason I only give it two lippies is because, well, I don't like matte finishes. I really wanted this color in a creme or shimmer, but no, not matte. Wouldn't buy again.

on 8/31/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had seen good reviews of Zoya products on a lot of nail sites, so I thought I'd give it a try. I loved this bright fuscia colour, but it's disappointing in the least.
It shows every single brush stroke. The first coat was super streaky and showed patches of my nails through. The second coat covered better, but still showed every layer of polish application. I didn't bother doing a 3rd coat.
I didn't like the matte finish - it looked like when I was in grade 6 and we coloured our fingernails with Crayola markers! I usually put a top coat on, anyway, so I got some shine out of it.
A lot of people have commented on how easily it chips and peels. I'm writing this review right after applying the top coat, so we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: I didn't have too much of a chipping problem; no more so than with any other polish. My nails tend to chip pretty quickly because my nails are quite short and I do a lot with my hands. So this starting chipping during the 1st day. Like I said; normal for me! :( I used OPI top coat.

on 2/25/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour is totally awesome. A unique, purplish-pink. I love it.

I also love how it's formaldehyde & toluene free. I don't mind having to put a top coat on after.

But this stuff flakes off like there's no tomorrow! Horrendous! And when paired with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat, I've had WHOLE NAILS of colour just flake off in one piece after two hours!

It's a shame, really. I guess the formaldehyde is in there for a reason.

UPDATE: My sister bought a different shade of Zoya, a pearlescent one. Charisma is matte. My sister's Zoya colour doesn't flake off at all, so I suspect it's a problem the only the matte ones have.

Popular Polishes