Zoya Charisma

ZOYA Charisma

2.8

on 5/16/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all after reading the comments below...this IS a neon. Neons are matte almost exclusively. They rarely wear well either and they are streaky. Once you understand that about neons you will appreciate this polish.

That said, this is a great neon magenta. This is so bright it is hard to photograph. Also, as with the nature of true neons, this color will never be as fluorescent as a yellow, but it IS extremely bright.

I wanted to get that out because reviews like that turned me off of this polish for a long time until I decided to check it out years later when I knew a lot about polish etc. This is a great neon magenta/purple. Formula is a little thick and does get goopy as you paint. It's one of those polishes that by the 6th finger it is gooping up.

on 3/28/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colour is beautiful, but isn't fully opaque unless you pile on the coats and turns out gloopy this way too... Very odd. Also, the bottle doesn't indicate that it is a matte polish like their other matte polishes do so I didn't expect it to dry matte. It dries a very gloopy uneven matte, and looks far better with a top coat to smooth it out. Very disappointing.

EDIT: It also chips badly just hours after it had dried.

on 9/2/2011 9:32:00 AM

I plan on editing this review a bit later and getting much more in depth about how much I adore this color/product. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ladies who have defended this polish and who have pointed out to others that you cannot give a bad rating just because of your lack of polish knowledge!

***NEONS = STREAKY AND MATTE! 2-3 COATS AND A TOP COAT PERFECT THE POLISH!***

Sometimes when we don't like things it's because we failed to understand what we were really getting into. Doesn't mean the product is bad...so chill with the bad reviews!! This polish rocks!

on 6/21/2010 4:43:00 PM

This is my first Zoya nail polish and probably the only one, because the quality is really disappointing. I really like the color and I got a lot of compliments for it, especially from guys, which is really interesting, but the quality of this nail polish is as it were a dollar polish. Like I said, it's the only one I got from Zoya, so I don't know of what quality they usually are. This one chips after a day and it has a matte finish, which is really strange, because the packaging doesn't say anything about it. All in all, I would give it 5 stars for color, but 1 for the quality.

on 2/25/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour is totally awesome. A unique, purplish-pink. I love it.

I also love how it's formaldehyde & toluene free. I don't mind having to put a top coat on after.

But this stuff flakes off like there's no tomorrow! Horrendous! And when paired with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat, I've had WHOLE NAILS of colour just flake off in one piece after two hours!

It's a shame, really. I guess the formaldehyde is in there for a reason.

UPDATE: My sister bought a different shade of Zoya, a pearlescent one. Charisma is matte. My sister's Zoya colour doesn't flake off at all, so I suspect it's a problem the only the matte ones have.

Popular Polishes