Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

1.3

on 8/31/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had seen good reviews of Zoya products on a lot of nail sites, so I thought I'd give it a try. I loved this bright fuscia colour, but it's disappointing in the least.
It shows every single brush stroke. The first coat was super streaky and showed patches of my nails through. The second coat covered better, but still showed every layer of polish application. I didn't bother doing a 3rd coat.
I didn't like the matte finish - it looked like when I was in grade 6 and we coloured our fingernails with Crayola markers! I usually put a top coat on, anyway, so I got some shine out of it.
A lot of people have commented on how easily it chips and peels. I'm writing this review right after applying the top coat, so we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: I didn't have too much of a chipping problem; no more so than with any other polish. My nails tend to chip pretty quickly because my nails are quite short and I do a lot with my hands. So this starting chipping during the 1st day. Like I said; normal for me! :( I used OPI top coat.

on 1/28/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this, the color in the bottle is really bright and pretty.

I was super disappointed! The finish looked like I painted my nails with wall paint. After I put a top coat on they looked 100% better.

But then the chipping! More like peeling. I think my manicure lasted 2 days before all my nails had no color on them, bc the color has peeled off.

Would def not recommend this, unless you like to touch up all the time.

on 7/4/2006 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a bright purple-y fuschia to my eyes (not good with colour descriptions). I love the colour, but not crazy about the polish. I found it to me quite watery to apply and streaky. It took three coats to get complete coverage and it dried to a flat finish. I absolutely needed a topcoat to get any shine. Not a repurchase for me.

Popular Polishes