Zoya Charisma

Zoya Charisma
ZOYA Charisma

3.2

on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

YUCK. Sooo streaky and chipped in less than 24 hours. Can find better and cheaper dupes out there. Like Purple Panic from China Glaze.

on 6/26/2012 11:42:00 PM

I love zoya but, I hate this polish. Streaky and matte not to mention dull. Major disappointment.

on 5/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

I lovveee Zoya. It is my favorite brand but I really hate this nail polish. I know that most neons, especially shades like this, dry matte and are never as neon as they appear on the bottle. I, however, was expecting much better. Not only does it dry matte (which can be fixed with a top coat) it is streaky and chips sooo quick. My polish can typically last 5-8 days with minimal chipping. This started chipping after ONE day! I could not believe it. Application is a pain. If you happen to go over one area more than once to smooth it out, it will pull on the polish. Swatches online can be deceiving, so in all honesty I would just pass. I really really regret getting this one.

on 10/20/2011 12:20:00 AM

I work at a spa in NYC and all the nail technicians and the nail obsessed have been DYING to get our hands on charisma. and during a recent inventory sweep, we found two. so i bought it immediately.

i am so not disappointed. the color is a beautiful bright neon pinky purple in the sun and a beautiful punchy purple inside.

also, i didn't bother reading the neg reviews, as i know and others should expect that a true neon will dry matte and streaky as stated. not to mention zoya literally says this on their website for this color at least twice.

so if you can get your paws on it, do it. you will not regret it!

on 9/2/2011 9:32:00 AM

I plan on editing this review a bit later and getting much more in depth about how much I adore this color/product. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the ladies who have defended this polish and who have pointed out to others that you cannot give a bad rating just because of your lack of polish knowledge!

***NEONS = STREAKY AND MATTE! 2-3 COATS AND A TOP COAT PERFECT THE POLISH!***

Sometimes when we don't like things it's because we failed to understand what we were really getting into. Doesn't mean the product is bad...so chill with the bad reviews!! This polish rocks!

First off: this polish is a MATTE. That's why it dries quickly and looks chalky. It will not stay on long, because that's just what mattes do.

The Zoya website now tells you that it's a matte, but when I purchased it, they did not. That led me to a huge surprise when I first put it on, but after the initial confusion, it wasn't a big deal.

The reason I only give it two lippies is because, well, I don't like matte finishes. I really wanted this color in a creme or shimmer, but no, not matte. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM

This color is beautiful, but the quality is not so good. Application is streaky and it chips SO FAST! Honestly I had chips within a few hours, with base and top coat. It does dry matte, but its nothing a topcoat can't fix. I have 5 other Zoya polishes and I typically get good wear out of them and they apply like a dream. Charisma is just a bad egg. :(

WOW!! Its NOT FAIR that people have left so many bad reviews....when they don't even know what this is!!!!!

Please read a products description.....before you write a bad review about it!! Or just school yourself first in the world of lacquer!

I am here to tell ya that....This is bad azz neon!!
Its a darker hot pinked PURPLE, with a some red undertones!!
Its very similar to Essie's Perky Purple(basically dupes)

Yes, it is like a jelly.....but neons usually have a thinner consistency.
Though, with my matte basecoat of NailTekII ..... 2/3 coats of lacquer....then add a SHINY TOPCOAT (neons ALWAYS need a TOP COAT) of Seche/Poshe.....its good to go for well over 2 weeks on my toes!!!

Its simply an amazing dark hot pink!( I hate lighter pink neons, as they seem too juvenile looking!)

So, the bad reviews sux!!

I mean C'MON girls..........

ALL NEONS DRY MATTE!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!

And for a NEON......(which is ALWAYS a lil TRICKIER to APPLY, than a REGULAR lacquer).......this APPLIES VERY WELL!!!!
I love this and their other neon LAYLA....for my lil piggies in the summer!

I'm really surprised by all the bad reviews! This is a great, fun color! It' a neon purple with berry kinda undertone. It's so fun and fierce, everytime I wear it I can't stop looking at my nails :D
It is a neon and like all neons I've tried it dries matte, that' just how it works, don't ask me why. But with a top coat the problem is solved and it becomes and stays super shiny (well super shiny if you use Seche Vite of course).
I posted a pick of my mani of this I would just like to say that its NOT ACCURATE, this color is much more vivid and neon and glowy then any picture can portray. The shade and undertone is accurate, but the neon quality gets lots, you just can't photograph these accurately, but it does give a general idea.

on 2/25/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour is totally awesome. A unique, purplish-pink. I love it.

I also love how it's formaldehyde & toluene free. I don't mind having to put a top coat on after.

But this stuff flakes off like there's no tomorrow! Horrendous! And when paired with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat, I've had WHOLE NAILS of colour just flake off in one piece after two hours!

It's a shame, really. I guess the formaldehyde is in there for a reason.

UPDATE: My sister bought a different shade of Zoya, a pearlescent one. Charisma is matte. My sister's Zoya colour doesn't flake off at all, so I suspect it's a problem the only the matte ones have.

Popular Polishes