Zoya Charisma

Zoya Charisma
ZOYA Charisma

2.6

on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

YUCK. Sooo streaky and chipped in less than 24 hours. Can find better and cheaper dupes out there. Like Purple Panic from China Glaze.

on 6/26/2012 11:42:00 PM

I love zoya but, I hate this polish. Streaky and matte not to mention dull. Major disappointment.

on 5/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

I lovveee Zoya. It is my favorite brand but I really hate this nail polish. I know that most neons, especially shades like this, dry matte and are never as neon as they appear on the bottle. I, however, was expecting much better. Not only does it dry matte (which can be fixed with a top coat) it is streaky and chips sooo quick. My polish can typically last 5-8 days with minimal chipping. This started chipping after ONE day! I could not believe it. Application is a pain. If you happen to go over one area more than once to smooth it out, it will pull on the polish. Swatches online can be deceiving, so in all honesty I would just pass. I really really regret getting this one.

on 10/20/2011 12:20:00 AM

I work at a spa in NYC and all the nail technicians and the nail obsessed have been DYING to get our hands on charisma. and during a recent inventory sweep, we found two. so i bought it immediately.

i am so not disappointed. the color is a beautiful bright neon pinky purple in the sun and a beautiful punchy purple inside.

also, i didn't bother reading the neg reviews, as i know and others should expect that a true neon will dry matte and streaky as stated. not to mention zoya literally says this on their website for this color at least twice.

so if you can get your paws on it, do it. you will not regret it!

on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I, like many others, find the negative reviews surprising. This color is freaking amazing and is my go-to neon shade!! Yes, it's matte. It's a neon. If you use a top coat, it's not an issue... After two coats and a top coat, this polish evens out just fine.
To throw in my one, single critique of this polish, the formula is not quite as good as the other Zoya's in my collection. I am, however, chalking that up to the fact that it is a neon. It is a bit streaky, but it is an easy fix with top coat. Honestly, this color is not pretty without a top coat. USE A TOP COAT! Rant over.
To me, this purple..(pink..???) is phenomenal when you want to make a statement. Everytime I wear this color, I get compliments or people grabbing at my hands asking to see my polish.

PS Sorry for the use of the words "Top Coat" so many times in this review. It's just a necessity in this case! :)

First off: this polish is a MATTE. That's why it dries quickly and looks chalky. It will not stay on long, because that's just what mattes do.

The Zoya website now tells you that it's a matte, but when I purchased it, they did not. That led me to a huge surprise when I first put it on, but after the initial confusion, it wasn't a big deal.

The reason I only give it two lippies is because, well, I don't like matte finishes. I really wanted this color in a creme or shimmer, but no, not matte. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM

This color is beautiful, but the quality is not so good. Application is streaky and it chips SO FAST! Honestly I had chips within a few hours, with base and top coat. It does dry matte, but its nothing a topcoat can't fix. I have 5 other Zoya polishes and I typically get good wear out of them and they apply like a dream. Charisma is just a bad egg. :(

WOW!! Its NOT FAIR that people have left so many bad reviews....when they don't even know what this is!!!!!

Please read a products description.....before you write a bad review about it!! Or just school yourself first in the world of lacquer!

I am here to tell ya that....This is bad azz neon!!
Its a darker hot pinked PURPLE, with a some red undertones!!
Its very similar to Essie's Perky Purple(basically dupes)

Yes, it is like a jelly.....but neons usually have a thinner consistency.
Though, with my matte basecoat of NailTekII ..... 2/3 coats of lacquer....then add a SHINY TOPCOAT (neons ALWAYS need a TOP COAT) of Seche/Poshe.....its good to go for well over 2 weeks on my toes!!!

Its simply an amazing dark hot pink!( I hate lighter pink neons, as they seem too juvenile looking!)

So, the bad reviews sux!!

I mean C'MON girls..........

ALL NEONS DRY MATTE!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!!!!

And for a NEON......(which is ALWAYS a lil TRICKIER to APPLY, than a REGULAR lacquer).......this APPLIES VERY WELL!!!!
I love this and their other neon LAYLA....for my lil piggies in the summer!

on 8/31/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had seen good reviews of Zoya products on a lot of nail sites, so I thought I'd give it a try. I loved this bright fuscia colour, but it's disappointing in the least.
It shows every single brush stroke. The first coat was super streaky and showed patches of my nails through. The second coat covered better, but still showed every layer of polish application. I didn't bother doing a 3rd coat.
I didn't like the matte finish - it looked like when I was in grade 6 and we coloured our fingernails with Crayola markers! I usually put a top coat on, anyway, so I got some shine out of it.
A lot of people have commented on how easily it chips and peels. I'm writing this review right after applying the top coat, so we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: I didn't have too much of a chipping problem; no more so than with any other polish. My nails tend to chip pretty quickly because my nails are quite short and I do a lot with my hands. So this starting chipping during the 1st day. Like I said; normal for me! :( I used OPI top coat.

on 3/10/2009 4:55:00 PM

Blind sighted by the matte finish. I can't get over it. it's absolutely attrocious.

Otherwise, if it actually had a lacquer to it, i'd probably like it.

Popular Polishes