Zoya Charisma

Zoya Charisma
ZOYA Charisma

2.9

on 1/4/2013 11:05:00 PM

YUCK. Sooo streaky and chipped in less than 24 hours. Can find better and cheaper dupes out there. Like Purple Panic from China Glaze.

on 8/31/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had seen good reviews of Zoya products on a lot of nail sites, so I thought I'd give it a try. I loved this bright fuscia colour, but it's disappointing in the least.
It shows every single brush stroke. The first coat was super streaky and showed patches of my nails through. The second coat covered better, but still showed every layer of polish application. I didn't bother doing a 3rd coat.
I didn't like the matte finish - it looked like when I was in grade 6 and we coloured our fingernails with Crayola markers! I usually put a top coat on, anyway, so I got some shine out of it.
A lot of people have commented on how easily it chips and peels. I'm writing this review right after applying the top coat, so we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: I didn't have too much of a chipping problem; no more so than with any other polish. My nails tend to chip pretty quickly because my nails are quite short and I do a lot with my hands. So this starting chipping during the 1st day. Like I said; normal for me! :( I used OPI top coat.

on 6/21/2010 4:43:00 PM

This is my first Zoya nail polish and probably the only one, because the quality is really disappointing. I really like the color and I got a lot of compliments for it, especially from guys, which is really interesting, but the quality of this nail polish is as it were a dollar polish. Like I said, it's the only one I got from Zoya, so I don't know of what quality they usually are. This one chips after a day and it has a matte finish, which is really strange, because the packaging doesn't say anything about it. All in all, I would give it 5 stars for color, but 1 for the quality.

on 1/28/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this, the color in the bottle is really bright and pretty.

I was super disappointed! The finish looked like I painted my nails with wall paint. After I put a top coat on they looked 100% better.

But then the chipping! More like peeling. I think my manicure lasted 2 days before all my nails had no color on them, bc the color has peeled off.

Would def not recommend this, unless you like to touch up all the time.

on 3/28/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colour is beautiful, but isn't fully opaque unless you pile on the coats and turns out gloopy this way too... Very odd. Also, the bottle doesn't indicate that it is a matte polish like their other matte polishes do so I didn't expect it to dry matte. It dries a very gloopy uneven matte, and looks far better with a top coat to smooth it out. Very disappointing.

EDIT: It also chips badly just hours after it had dried.

on 6/26/2012 11:42:00 PM

I love zoya but, I hate this polish. Streaky and matte not to mention dull. Major disappointment.

on 5/8/2012 12:01:00 AM

I lovveee Zoya. It is my favorite brand but I really hate this nail polish. I know that most neons, especially shades like this, dry matte and are never as neon as they appear on the bottle. I, however, was expecting much better. Not only does it dry matte (which can be fixed with a top coat) it is streaky and chips sooo quick. My polish can typically last 5-8 days with minimal chipping. This started chipping after ONE day! I could not believe it. Application is a pain. If you happen to go over one area more than once to smooth it out, it will pull on the polish. Swatches online can be deceiving, so in all honesty I would just pass. I really really regret getting this one.

First off: this polish is a MATTE. That's why it dries quickly and looks chalky. It will not stay on long, because that's just what mattes do.

The Zoya website now tells you that it's a matte, but when I purchased it, they did not. That led me to a huge surprise when I first put it on, but after the initial confusion, it wasn't a big deal.

The reason I only give it two lippies is because, well, I don't like matte finishes. I really wanted this color in a creme or shimmer, but no, not matte. Wouldn't buy again.

on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM

This color is beautiful, but the quality is not so good. Application is streaky and it chips SO FAST! Honestly I had chips within a few hours, with base and top coat. It does dry matte, but its nothing a topcoat can't fix. I have 5 other Zoya polishes and I typically get good wear out of them and they apply like a dream. Charisma is just a bad egg. :(

on 3/10/2009 4:55:00 PM

Blind sighted by the matte finish. I can't get over it. it's absolutely attrocious.

Otherwise, if it actually had a lacquer to it, i'd probably like it.

Popular Polishes