Zoya Charisma

ZOYA Charisma

2.2

on 3/28/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colour is beautiful, but isn't fully opaque unless you pile on the coats and turns out gloopy this way too... Very odd. Also, the bottle doesn't indicate that it is a matte polish like their other matte polishes do so I didn't expect it to dry matte. It dries a very gloopy uneven matte, and looks far better with a top coat to smooth it out. Very disappointing.

EDIT: It also chips badly just hours after it had dried.

on 10/20/2011 12:20:00 AM

I work at a spa in NYC and all the nail technicians and the nail obsessed have been DYING to get our hands on charisma. and during a recent inventory sweep, we found two. so i bought it immediately.

i am so not disappointed. the color is a beautiful bright neon pinky purple in the sun and a beautiful punchy purple inside.

also, i didn't bother reading the neg reviews, as i know and others should expect that a true neon will dry matte and streaky as stated. not to mention zoya literally says this on their website for this color at least twice.

so if you can get your paws on it, do it. you will not regret it!

on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM

This color is beautiful, but the quality is not so good. Application is streaky and it chips SO FAST! Honestly I had chips within a few hours, with base and top coat. It does dry matte, but its nothing a topcoat can't fix. I have 5 other Zoya polishes and I typically get good wear out of them and they apply like a dream. Charisma is just a bad egg. :(

on 6/21/2010 4:43:00 PM

This is my first Zoya nail polish and probably the only one, because the quality is really disappointing. I really like the color and I got a lot of compliments for it, especially from guys, which is really interesting, but the quality of this nail polish is as it were a dollar polish. Like I said, it's the only one I got from Zoya, so I don't know of what quality they usually are. This one chips after a day and it has a matte finish, which is really strange, because the packaging doesn't say anything about it. All in all, I would give it 5 stars for color, but 1 for the quality.

on 1/28/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was super excited to try this, the color in the bottle is really bright and pretty.

I was super disappointed! The finish looked like I painted my nails with wall paint. After I put a top coat on they looked 100% better.

But then the chipping! More like peeling. I think my manicure lasted 2 days before all my nails had no color on them, bc the color has peeled off.

Would def not recommend this, unless you like to touch up all the time.

on 2/25/2005 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This colour is totally awesome. A unique, purplish-pink. I love it.

I also love how it's formaldehyde & toluene free. I don't mind having to put a top coat on after.

But this stuff flakes off like there's no tomorrow! Horrendous! And when paired with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Top Coat, I've had WHOLE NAILS of colour just flake off in one piece after two hours!

It's a shame, really. I guess the formaldehyde is in there for a reason.

UPDATE: My sister bought a different shade of Zoya, a pearlescent one. Charisma is matte. My sister's Zoya colour doesn't flake off at all, so I suspect it's a problem the only the matte ones have.

Popular Polishes