Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil (SPF 4)

Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil (SPF 4)
Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil SPF4

4.3

The one I got says deep tanning oil, not dark, and the writting is yellow, but it's still says spf 4. I really like it. I tan better with it than nothing at all, I think because the oil attracts the sun. But I never burn because of the spf in it. You can get them with a higher spf in it. I like that they have 4 available because it allows me to still tan, not burn. It smells great, definitely has a tanning lotion beach smell. Its greasy, but that's good because it's super oily and shiny which reflects sun. Its more for tanning than protection though. I use it to lay out in the sun. I'd recommend something else on the face, like a white coppertone lotion because the face should be a little more protected. But I really like it.

on 4/16/2015 3:50:00 PM

Love this product! I have probably purchased 6 or 7 bottles. Smells great and I never burn. It is greasy, so I really only use it when I'm laying out. I use a lotion version instead if I'm going to be going straight from the beach to a restaurant or something.

on 5/27/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

spf~4

love this product! i brought it to florida with me and came back really tan! the only thing i didnt like about it was that it made my back & chest break out with acne(it wasnt too bad though). also dont put it on your face it will make you burn a little bit. but other than that i love this product and will keep using it!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It made me feel really greasy and just plain gross. It made no difference on my skin. I got no tan. Maybe it was just my skin, but it didn't work. And I sat out for two hours three times last week.

Overall, I love this product! I tan quickly and easily when it's on! It smells really nice. I have never burned while using this product. Although, it does make my skin feel greasy, but it is easy to ignore.

on 8/20/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
-smells good
-moisturizing
-helps tan
-cheap
Cons:
-i think the smell attracts bugs
-hard to spray at times

I've repurchased this product 3 times already. I live in a dry desert climate, so I don't have too many problems with bugs there. However, recently I went to California and I used this and noticed that bees and June bugs and several other insects were specifically attracted to me (aka following me and landing on me.) I was the only one who applied the oil. Something tells me the bugs are attracted to the smell of the tanning oil because it smells pretty good. I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue. Maybe it's not the tanning oil and I'm just scared because of my hatred for bugs but I will continue to use this in my home environment but refrain from using it when I'm on vacation.
Although once I run out I think I'll test out a new brand.

on 6/14/2008 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

all most everyone i know uses this, and i had to figure out what was so great about it. and now i know why! it gives you a really nice, dark tan from just being outside for 30-45 minutes! and i love the delicious smell. its a little greasy, but i can deal. im on my 2nd bottle and i love it!

on 6/17/2008 8:40:00 PM

I love this stuff. It gives me a tan in no time, so I don't have to spend hours outside. It smells delicious- like coconuts or bananas. It leaves my skin so soft, and I haven't gotten burnt once.

on 7/30/2010 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a pale asian and it's very difficult for me to achieve a tan but THIS REALLY WORKS!! I purchased the spf 15. I used it a few times a week and got a lovely golden tan. But unfortunately, it gave me a bad skin rash after 2 weeks. I can't use it anymore :'( that's why I had to knock one lippy off.

on 6/20/2010 10:18:00 PM

*I am reviewing the spf 8 version.

Okay, so I know this isn't exactly good for you.
But, I've never gotten burnt with this stuff, because all you need is 30 minutes and you've got a nice tan!

It has Carrot and Banana oils, and it smells amazing!
It is a bit greasy, but it soaks in after a while.

A must have for summer!