NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua
Chihuahua Nars Lipgloss Chihuahua Chihuahua Chihuahua

4.2

A creamy nude lipgloss which is a very natural, subtle, mlbb shade. It is a nice colour and comfortable to wear, however I find that it lacks staying power, only lasting for about two hours before needing to be re-applied, which is not acceptable when paying such a high price for a lipgloss. I do enjoy the colour, but prefer MAC lipglasses due to their staying power. The lipgloss has no noticeable smell or taste. A nice shade, but would not repurchase.

I got this lipgloss while looking for a nude gloss and finding Turkish Delight was too sheer for my pigmented lips. I am NC20 with pink lips and this colour shows up as a very glossy, nude, 'my lips but better' colour. It is not overly stick and has good staying power. It applies easily. It is a very subtle, every day colour, simple and beautiful. The formula is lovely and it does not have a strong scent. A perfect nude for those with more pigmented lips.

on 7/26/2013 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this lip gloss!!!!! I lost it a few months ago and I was toying with the idea of repurchasing it even though its quite pricey but I was in sephora for the first time in a while and I couldn't help but buy it again!!! Its the perfect MLBB color. No sparkle. See my philosophy with lip gloss is that if my lips are going to look shiny thats enough attention to them so I want no sparkle on top of that shiny look. The color is just perfect. The texture is thick but not sticky, which is perfect for a lip gloss. It lasts, but when it does wear off it does not give those unattractive white lines. The smell is a bit plasticy but you will get used to it very quickly. I plan on repurchasing another as a back up as well as one more color from the Nars range.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This gloss is one of my favorites! The color is a nice, milky rose tone. The texture is thin, with no stickiness. The smell isn't the best--it kind of reminds me of children's play makeup, haha. On the lips, the color is quite sheer. It's not moisturizing, but it also won't dehydrate your lips. Generally, it wears about 2 or 3 hours on me and won't last through dinner or drinks...pretty average for the gloss. I think what I love about it the most is it's versatility--it looks beautiful and balances a heavier eye look, but also looks great on days where you're wearing nothing BUT this gloss.

on 1/28/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

OK, so I'm a Nars addict so of course i was going to try this.I love this!This is the perfect shade of baby pink.It doesn't look trashy just gorgeous.Its a must try i have tried so many pinks and none have been perfect they are all either too Barbie looking or Niki Minaj looking too exuberant for my personal taste.I'm so happy i found this i cant stop raving .OMG ,I'm going to wear it tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that ......I might need to buy a second one tomorrow just to make sure i dont run out.BTW this lip gloss is not meant to be worn alone it is meant to be worn over lipstick a baby pink(i use Victoria's secret Wish lipstick).I'm going to stop raving now but do yourselves the favor and go buy it,you wont regret it.

on 9/19/2011 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the perfect, MLBB shade. I have tried a couple of other nude NARS lip glosses and Chihuahua is my favorite by far. I don't care much for the smell/taste but the color it leaves on my lips is perfect and wear time is usually a couple of hours.

on 2/11/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros.
Beautiful Natural Pink Color
Smooth (not at all sticky)
Long lasting
Great for everyday

Cons.
The Price!!

on 1/7/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

It is hard to describe a color. Especially on makeup, since it would look (slightly) different from one person to another. I adore Chihuahua l/g. The color in the tube looks a lot more pigmented than when it is applied. On me it turns out as a nice, creamy rosy pink. Maybe with a tiny hint of beige. For those who are familiar with NARS l/g, they kind of fall into two different categories: creamy or sheer. This one is definitely creamier than sheer.

on 11/29/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Okay, it's totally story time. I first bought Chihuahua in 2006. I reviewed it here on MUA. I liked it, but I had yet to realise its full power. My review was short, and I only gave the gloss a 4 out of 5 rating. I'm here to rectify this and re-write a (hopefully) better review. A year after I bought my first tube, I moved to Maine. I went on a trash frenzy, throwing out all kinds of things...INCLUDING CHIHUAHUA. At the time, I figured I didn't need it. In hindsight, who the hell throws away a lip gloss that costs 24 USD? A moron, apparently. Anyway, in my travels and lip glossing, I realised that the juicy, bright-but-not-so-bright-it-can't-be-neutral pink was the absolute bee's knees on my NC 20/25 skin/Italian coloring. It lights up my face, and makes my light brown eyes sparkle. If you are of similar physical appearance, this simply is a must-try. Try layering it with Nars Niagara lipstick for something else that's amazing, too. Nars lip glosses are among my favorite because, as far as I'm concerned, the lasting power, relative lack of scent and smooth texture set them apart from the others. I actually prefer them to Chanel Glossimers, as well. So, to wrap my story up, after hemming and hawing about replacing my poor, tossed-out Chihuahua, I purchased a shiny, new tube at the Portland Sephora. I take it with me everywhere and haven't looked back.

on 10/22/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only got this because it was free. I really do not like this whatsoever. It's a guava/salmon color and it looks ridiculous on me. It just does not work for me. It's creamy and goes on nicely and it's not sticky. But I will not buy this nor will I finish the one I have. It's a mini so to the trash it goes, or maybe an extra in a swap.