NARS Chihuahua

Chihuahua Nars Lipgloss Chihuahua Chihuahua Chihuahua

4.4

on 7/7/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great MLBB shade. Perfect neutral pinkish color without any detectable shimmer or glitter, looks really natural yet makes you look more put together as opposed to having nothing on your lips. Texture is also good, not sticky to the point where it's uncomfortable, but sticky enough to have good staying power. Staying power is pretty decent, color stays around for about 3 hours without eating. Not the most pigmented gloss, but still visible on the lips. As for packaging, it's a typical doe foot applicator with the infamous matte black Nars packaging on the handle. Simple but still looks sleek. Overall great lipgloss, comfortable to wear on the lips and beautiful color. Although overpriced, I would still repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This grew on me. I have owned about 9 or 10 NARS glosses and this is the favorite. When first swatched on my hand, I thought it was way too pink and young-ish. One fateful day I layered it over Honeylove and that totally changed my tune. It is a gentle pink (another reviewer said milky rose which is spot on!) and it actually does make my lips look "younger" if that makes sense; that's just the word that comes to mind when I put it on, but it's a good kind of young -- not trying too hard, not too much, not too dramatic. Just soft and sweet. Now I carry it around in my purse because it generally looks good with many of my lighter and MLBB lipsticks ... In fact sometimes if I regret a pink or nude lippie purchase I will try this gloss over it and somehow, like magic, I'm reassured. If you have pigmented lips and warm toned skin, I recommend it all the more because it does well on its own too.

on 10/2/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This so far is my Favorite from the Nars line of lip glosses. Honestly it is the only lip gloss I have used and not found absolutely disgusting within a week of using it. Ten years ago I gave up on glosses. I Tried the Orgasm color because I was such a fan of the blush. I tried Chihuahua because it looked like orgasm with out the glitter on the lips. Love it. Hands down my favorite. Very moisturizing. Doesn't feel overly tacky. Doesn't have a weird taste or smell (to me anyway). Not a huge fan of any gloss packing, but this is the nicest so far. I use a little at a time, just a hint of color and shine.

I agree with mmherman review below mine, I also don't have air conditioning in my car, so the hair stuck to lips is an annoying side effect of anything being on the lips and driving.

I do find it a bit pricey for the size. Then again it is the only gloss I have used and liked.

on 7/5/2012 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying that I HATE lipgloss, but I LOVE this stuff! I don't have air in my car so I tend to avoid lip glosses like the plague because nothing gets me irritated like my hair stickin' to my mouth. My hair can get unruly sometimes so I eat my hair a lot and I don't need no goopy glue on my lips to make it worse.

That being said I will say that I love the color of this lip gloss SO much that I will put up with the grossness that is lip gloss. The color is so pretty, yet understated and natural-esque. I am on my second tube. I lost my first one and liked it so much I bought another one.

My only real complaint is that this stuff has little staying power. You have to reapply a lot and as a result I don't tend to wear this a ton.

I did end up trying to find lipstick dupes for this and Mac's Bare Again and Patisserie are very nice substitutes.

on 2/11/2012 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I think nars lip glosses are a bit too watery for me. The pigmentation is great not to mention it kinda smells like cotton candy but i wouldnt purchase this product again because it is a bit too watery for my liking considering that it was $24.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I also was planning on getting NARS Turkish Delight but looking at swatches I figured I wouldn't be able to pull it off since it was too milky pink for my skin-tone. Chihuahua seemed like the next best option because the colour is pretty much like my natural lip colour but only slightly more peachy. It's a good "nude" on me and I love that this gloss isn't sticky and has no glitter/shimmer! It makes my lips look fuller too.

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Chihuahua is a milky, neutral pink with semi-opaque coverage. On my slightly-pigmented lips, this color is totally MLBB, perfect for a natural, radiant look. It evens out the natural color of my lips, without emphasizing liplines.

Like all NARS lipglosses, it’s the epitome of nonsticky—some people might even classify it as “runny,” but in the end, it’s moisturizing and stays on for a couple of hours if you’re good about not touching your lips. This is the only lipgloss of mine that I can wear without prepping my lips with a balm beforehand.

My one quip with NARS lipglosses is that they’re supposed to be scentless and tasteless, but you do end up smelling and tasting the main ingredient, lanolin oil, which has a slight plastic-y aroma. It goes away in a few minutes, but for a gloss that costs $24 a tube, you’d hope that they’d make SOME effort to mask the taste.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chihuahua is a great bare pink! In the wand, it looks like an opaque, medium carnation pink. However, on the lips, it's a sweet, subtle shade of sheer pink, not heavily pigmented at all. It's perfect for an understated look on its own or layered over lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a very lovely pink color, take years off your lips. Although a milky light pink, it does not magnify lip lines like Turkish Delight. Very glossy and cute!

Chihuahua is a MLBB for me! This is definitely my go-to everyday gloss. It delivers a beautiful guava-like pinkish mauve color to your lips. It's not sticky at all. It has a smooth, thick consistency, giving a long-lasting nice sheen. Nars glosses are a bit pricey, but I think the quality of the glosses are well worth the price. Will definitely repurchase!