NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua

NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua
Chihuahua Nars Lipgloss Chihuahua Chihuahua Chihuahua

4.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color but its got a plasticky taste and smell

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Chihuahua is a milky, neutral pink with semi-opaque coverage. On my slightly-pigmented lips, this color is totally MLBB, perfect for a natural, radiant look. It evens out the natural color of my lips, without emphasizing liplines.

Like all NARS lipglosses, it’s the epitome of nonsticky—some people might even classify it as “runny,” but in the end, it’s moisturizing and stays on for a couple of hours if you’re good about not touching your lips. This is the only lipgloss of mine that I can wear without prepping my lips with a balm beforehand.

My one quip with NARS lipglosses is that they’re supposed to be scentless and tasteless, but you do end up smelling and tasting the main ingredient, lanolin oil, which has a slight plastic-y aroma. It goes away in a few minutes, but for a gloss that costs $24 a tube, you’d hope that they’d make SOME effort to mask the taste.

on 2/11/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros.
Beautiful Natural Pink Color
Smooth (not at all sticky)
Long lasting
Great for everyday

Cons.
The Price!!

I really like the colour range of Nars lip glosses and especially this light pink chihuahua when concealer is applied underneath to give it the proper pink. However for Ł17 it's far too expensive as the taste is kind of unpleasant and it doesn't really have staying power. I can understand why it gets raved because the colour pigmentation is good strong quality but it's too expensive for being a lip gloss that I have to reapply loads.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Holy Grail! OMG! I found the perfect lipgloss in terms of texture, staying power, and color. I haven't had alot of luck with NARS lipglosses except for the lip lacquers, like babydoll and chelsea girls. For the tube lipglosses, I have tried NARS pillow talk, harlow, and orgasm but they all weren't quite right. Pillow talk was too berryish/dark for my everyday look (smoky eyes), harlow was too light and unnatural, and orgasm was too shimmery and gritty. BUT- NARS chihuahua is just PERFECT! It is the most flattering milky pink color I have ever found for my C30/NC30/C3 asian skintone. Most nudes wash me out or look unnatural like MAC angel, blankety, creme d' nude. If those don't work for you, try NARS chihuahua. This is like my lips but MUCH better. It smooths out the little lip lines,wears for a good 2-3 hours and makes my lips feel even more moisturized than lipbalm., (lipbalm wears away on me) Also it doesn't have any annoying gritty shimmer. I heart this and would buy it again and again! <3<3<3

on 4/25/2010 12:57:00 AM

I love the colour, guava and not sickening baby pink. The smell is odd (but bearable) an the lasting power is good for a gloss. I purchased it 10+ times. The SA at the NARS counter told me that it has been discontinued, so pack it up. The tube may leak if no closed very well. One of the best colours I have used. It is the only lipgloss that I have bought over and over again. HG material.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I do makeup for weddings, it is often a color I suggest to the bride. It is so beautiful on so mahy skin tones. My best friend got married over the summer and she normally doesn't like to wear a lot of makeup and I got her hooked on the color. While it is pricey, it does last.

i only have two nars lipglosses. this and belize and this is my favourite one. i love this. so appropriate for work and a casual polished look. put just this alone on your lips, and you just look put-together and not like you are trying too hard. this gives my pigmented lips a nice natural pink color.

Love this. So moisturizing. it feels nice on my lips. i would repurchase this again and again.

on 8/10/2009 12:06:00 PM

This is my absolute HG lipgloss. I recently purchased this to go with gilda blush and it not only looks amazing with that, but it looks amazing with EVERYTHING. I feel like I could get rid of 90% of my lipglosses and lipsticks so long as I had a few tubes of this!! (and Belize!!) Will buy this again and again.

on 2/23/2009 9:41:00 AM

NARS glosses IMO generally have a weird odor to them (rubber) hence, the subtraction of one lippie for Chihuahua. However, I love the texture and color of this gloss! It's sleek and slippery on my lips, yet lasts longer than my Chanel Glossimers. Chihuahua is a neutral medium pink. It sheers out to a cute light strawberry color on my lips. It brightens my light olive complexion and looks great with gold tones. This gloss reminds me of summer :)