NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua

NARS Cosmetics Chihuahua
Chihuahua Nars Lipgloss Chihuahua Chihuahua Chihuahua

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a stunner. Chihuahua is a rosy guava pink, very natural, and fairly pigmented but also shiny. NARS glosses pretty much score 10/10 with me, but I will admit they smell odd. I don't know if it's a chemical smell or what, and I'm at a loss to describe it, but it doesn't linger so I really don't care too much.
The packaging is chic and simple. The price is.. Shall we say.. A little bit of hindrance but once you get past the hurdle of spending +$20 on a lipgloss, you will indeed be a fan for life. These glosses go on smoothly, aren't sticky, and last a fair amount of time. The tubes are decently sized; I've seen other Sephora brands just as expensive that give you half the amount.
My favorite NARS gloss is, and probably always will be Turkish Delight, but Chihuahua is in second place and I would most likely recommend Chihuahua to more people, because it is a more universally flattering shade and quite natural too.

A creamy nude lipgloss which is a very natural, subtle, mlbb shade. It is a nice colour and comfortable to wear, however I find that it lacks staying power, only lasting for about two hours before needing to be re-applied, which is not acceptable when paying such a high price for a lipgloss. I do enjoy the colour, but prefer MAC lipglasses due to their staying power. The lipgloss has no noticeable smell or taste. A nice shade, but would not repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I love this shade! It's a "my lips but better" shade for sure. The gloss is very smooth and isn't sticky! It's definitely not liquidy either; it's an in between texture. In my opinion, it's very pigmented, just a muted shade. It has a lovely shine and no glitter which I love! I find that glitter looks childish on me. This is a wonderful lipgloss and I use it very often!

I got this lipgloss while looking for a nude gloss and finding Turkish Delight was too sheer for my pigmented lips. I am NC20 with pink lips and this colour shows up as a very glossy, nude, 'my lips but better' colour. It is not overly stick and has good staying power. It applies easily. It is a very subtle, every day colour, simple and beautiful. The formula is lovely and it does not have a strong scent. A perfect nude for those with more pigmented lips.

on 1/7/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous! Perfect! I was looking to replace my Bobbi Brown Petal, I loved the color so much, but the tube was getting old and the gloss was too darn sticky. Chihuahua was a very very close color. It is a sheer, warm pink, quite muted. Definitely MLBB shade. Makes my lips look youthful and soft, and is perfect for a neutral look or paired with heavier eye makeup. I think this shade would suit a variety of skin tones. I also like that it is not as sticky as Bobbi Brown glosses. Will for sure repurchase when I run out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If we're talking about statement makeup, this isn't it. Chihuahua's charm lies in its subtlety. If we're talking about your-lips-but-better, then ding! we have a winner. This is a gorgeous color that really flatters a warm or yellow-toned complexion, even if you are a PPP, as I currently am. No gimmicks here, no glitter, shimmer, or weird undertones, just a lovely dusty pink that really closely resembles a natural lip color (or mine, at least). This is only semi-sheer, but on me it looks mostly sheer because it is such a dead-ringer for my actual lips. It goes on very slick and is not sticky. This is as much a curse as it is a blessing, because it requires faithful re-application and it takes some layering to get a good pigment going. Over a lipstick this is sure thing. I would pair it with Dolce Vita lipstick for the quintessential daytime nude look. By itself, it's still lovely, and I'm sure with a natural-tone lipliner, even better. The smell isn't foul or anything, just slightly plastic-y. It's nothing that would deter me from buying again. The price, however, is. For just under $30, I would hesitate, but probably cave and re-purchase anyways, because this is a very nice gloss. It might not have all the bells and whistles you've come to expect from pricier makeup, but it's a winner in its own right.

on 7/26/2013 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this lip gloss!!!!! I lost it a few months ago and I was toying with the idea of repurchasing it even though its quite pricey but I was in sephora for the first time in a while and I couldn't help but buy it again!!! Its the perfect MLBB color. No sparkle. See my philosophy with lip gloss is that if my lips are going to look shiny thats enough attention to them so I want no sparkle on top of that shiny look. The color is just perfect. The texture is thick but not sticky, which is perfect for a lip gloss. It lasts, but when it does wear off it does not give those unattractive white lines. The smell is a bit plasticy but you will get used to it very quickly. I plan on repurchasing another as a back up as well as one more color from the Nars range.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This gloss is one of my favorites! The color is a nice, milky rose tone. The texture is thin, with no stickiness. The smell isn't the best--it kind of reminds me of children's play makeup, haha. On the lips, the color is quite sheer. It's not moisturizing, but it also won't dehydrate your lips. Generally, it wears about 2 or 3 hours on me and won't last through dinner or drinks...pretty average for the gloss. I think what I love about it the most is it's versatility--it looks beautiful and balances a heavier eye look, but also looks great on days where you're wearing nothing BUT this gloss.

Lemme just start off by saying, I LOVE this product. Not sticky, it lasts quite a while on my lips (for a gloss) and the color is beautiful. The color is the perfect nude-pink. It looks really natural, but not so much as to make you look like you are wearing nothing. I was recommended by one of the Sephora sales-people to get this color. It has no glitter, which I really like. Def repurchasing when it runs out. (:

on 10/2/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This so far is my Favorite from the Nars line of lip glosses. Honestly it is the only lip gloss I have used and not found absolutely disgusting within a week of using it. Ten years ago I gave up on glosses. I Tried the Orgasm color because I was such a fan of the blush. I tried Chihuahua because it looked like orgasm with out the glitter on the lips. Love it. Hands down my favorite. Very moisturizing. Doesn't feel overly tacky. Doesn't have a weird taste or smell (to me anyway). Not a huge fan of any gloss packing, but this is the nicest so far. I use a little at a time, just a hint of color and shine.

I agree with mmherman review below mine, I also don't have air conditioning in my car, so the hair stuck to lips is an annoying side effect of anything being on the lips and driving.

I do find it a bit pricey for the size. Then again it is the only gloss I have used and liked.