NARS Chihuahua

4.4

on 1/27/2008 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This gloss is just ok to me. It's a really light pastelish pink. Doesn't really show up to well on my pigmented lips alone but works really nice adding sheen ontop of my nude peachy pink lipsticks. I don't know if i'll be purchasing this again because i know i could find something cheaper.

on 6/20/2006 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well, I bought this after all the good reviews even though I threw away my Stella a couple of years ago because it just didn't last. Chihuahua is beautiful immediately when I apply it and then it turns a milky peach on me and looks hideous. But aside from the color change, Nars lip glosses have ZERO staying power. They are too thin and watery and disappear on me after about an hour. I have no reason to ever try another one when MAC, Chanel and the Balm (my fave) stay for hours and have just as good color selection.

on 2/2/2005 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I usually love Nars lip glosses but this is my least favorite color of the many colors I have purchased. I prefer cool to warm colors and this salmon peachy-pink ends up turning orange on my mostly unpigmented lips.. I prefer my pinky-brown "my lips but better colors" more on the pink side. Edited to add that like all of my most recent Nar lip gloss purchases this lip gloss does not have the staying power of the old products. I am very disappointed in Nars for changing the formula with their newer lip gloss colors as I much prefer the stickiness of the color that have been released in previous years.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this together with sweet dreams. I'm very pale, specially in winter. This one matches my lips almost perfectly, so I wouldn't say it's a my YLBB lip gloss. The fact that it has the same color than my lips makes me look a little too pale now in winter. I still like it though because I think it will be a great color for spring/summertime when I'll be a little more tanned. But for now I prefer Sweet Dreams that gives a little bit of brightness to my face. Update: I removed one l/s b/c it dries out my lips

on 10/26/2009 10:08:00 PM

I wanted to like this, but I was disappointed at how generic it looks on my lips. It's a decent neutral pink with a hint of peach on me, but nothing impressive or unique, just... OK. For $24 it needs to be more than OK. I recommend trying this one before you buy in case you are less than impressed as well.

This was my first, and sadly, my last NARS gloss. While I loved the color, I couldn't get over how sticky it was, and the smell/taste of slightly burnt plastic. It also dried out my lips, and I would suggest always using a lip balm underneath. I tried and tried to get used to it because I liked the color so much, but I eventually had to return it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do love Nars glosses, but this one is just about completely clear on me. I will definitely be returning it.

on 3/18/2008 10:32:00 PM

I love the color but the consistency is gunky and it smells bad.

on 6/12/2006 9:47:00 AM

Perfect nude beige pink for my pale olive skin-tone. If this lasted longer, it'd be my HG gloss, but, the lasting power is abysmal. I cannot even drink a glass of water without the entire layer of gloss on my lips myteriously disappearing. VERY BAD. Would not buy again b/c of that.
continued >>

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

very similar to MAC Lust lipglass, except a little more pink toned. Chihuahua has exceptionally bad staying power, even for a gloss which are not know for their staying power anyway. it seemed very wattery. I swapped mine and definatly would not re-purchase.