NARS Chihuahua

4.4

on 6/4/2011 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I went to NARS to buy Turkish Delight but it looked too pale on me. It is my general problem, pale lips just don't work for me. MUA suggested Chihuahua which is just a little bit lighter than my natural lip color.

I really don't know if I would buy it again, I will continue to search a pale lip color that works for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Chihuahua is a great bare pink! In the wand, it looks like an opaque, medium carnation pink. However, on the lips, it's a sweet, subtle shade of sheer pink, not heavily pigmented at all. It's perfect for an understated look on its own or layered over lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a very lovely pink color, take years off your lips. Although a milky light pink, it does not magnify lip lines like Turkish Delight. Very glossy and cute!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Holy Grail! OMG! I found the perfect lipgloss in terms of texture, staying power, and color. I haven't had alot of luck with NARS lipglosses except for the lip lacquers, like babydoll and chelsea girls. For the tube lipglosses, I have tried NARS pillow talk, harlow, and orgasm but they all weren't quite right. Pillow talk was too berryish/dark for my everyday look (smoky eyes), harlow was too light and unnatural, and orgasm was too shimmery and gritty. BUT- NARS chihuahua is just PERFECT! It is the most flattering milky pink color I have ever found for my C30/NC30/C3 asian skintone. Most nudes wash me out or look unnatural like MAC angel, blankety, creme d' nude. If those don't work for you, try NARS chihuahua. This is like my lips but MUCH better. It smooths out the little lip lines,wears for a good 2-3 hours and makes my lips feel even more moisturized than lipbalm., (lipbalm wears away on me) Also it doesn't have any annoying gritty shimmer. I heart this and would buy it again and again! <3<3<3

on 4/17/2009 8:51:00 PM

I love the color and consistency of NARS glosses. Chihuhua was irresistable to me since I have two Chi's as pets. The color is a really beautiful pink. It looks great with a tan in the summer. I took away one lip for being on the expensive side, but I think NARS glosses are worth the price. They have great staying power and are not drying. I always prep my lips with Rosebud Salve, a good idea before applying any lip product. I will be buying this again for summer.

on 9/26/2008 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first NARS Lip Gloss. I'm now halfway thru the tube. It's the perfect neutral shade for my skin (Stila 50 watts). The texture is very light and sheer.

on 8/17/2008 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a pinky nude with some peach tones. it's very wearable and I like it ,so I bought two more as extras in case I run out. I like the texture too. it has no frost, glitter, shimmer or sparkles to it which makes me happy. it's not too sticky and is a great lip gloss!

on 5/16/2008 12:45:00 AM

I have a number of NARS lip glosses, which is saying something since they cost a fortune here in Australia - $50.

Chihuahua is gorgeous. It is neutral without being nude. I have pale-olive skin (hard to explain), very dark brown hair and blue-grey eyes and my lips are VERY pigmented (naturally the colour of NARS Stella lip gloss - I bought this and love it but it's identical to my lips, just shiny). A lot of nude lip glosses and lipsticks wash me out and make me look like I'm wearing glossy foundation on my lips (gross!), but this is beautiful. It's not pale pink, it has substance and body and is gives you some colour but tones down my natural lip colour.

I will definitely purchase this again, even at it's uber-expensive price because it is so wearable and goes with everything (I usually carry two lip glosses with me at all times, a pinkish one and a neutral-brownish one), now I only need chihuahua.

Fantastic my-lips-but-better gloss, I love it! The Sephora website describes the color of NARS Chihuahu as 'guava', I think that's a good description. It's not too pink, not too brown, not too orange, not too violet - just a perfect pretty yet sophisticated natural color. I would definitely buy again - the color is similar to a lot of other glosses, but somehow better. For reference, I have fair skin with neutral-to-cool undertones (+ rosacea), dark blonde hair / blue-green eyes.

on 7/27/2007 2:33:00 PM

This gloss is the prettiest pink gloss I've ever seen. The slight peach allows it to blend in with my skin so that it doesn't scream "PINK!" and looks very natural and youthful. It's devoid of shimmer and glitter and yet it makes my lips look very full. It also is a glossy gloss, not a goopy gloss. It feels really nice on. It lasts a long time too.