Avon Skintrition face primer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.2

Scent: Orange-citrus type, with a slight plastic-y scent

Color: White

Texture: Creamy lotion

Greasiness: Leaves your face shiny for a few minutes after applying, otherwise pretty lightweight.
I had too many face creams, so I used this as a face wash. I wet my face, rubbed it on, and rinsed it off. Then, because it was so greasy, I had to follow up with an oily-skin-clarifying (very stripping) cleanser to get the gunk off my face. After that though, it made my skin moisturized, without any residue left. Probably won't repurchase.

Alas, DawnSierra, but it is true, this product is to be discontinued. I still have half of my original bottle, plus one I am holding in abeyance. I like this a great deal -- I tried the much-ballyhooed Olay Regenerist Serum, but came back to Skintrition. FYI, the recommended replacement for Skintrition is a BeComing (Avon) product called TransFirm, which is $35. Still cheaper than the comparable Lauder product, but I am glad I have some Skintrition left!

You apply this after cleansing and toning, and your moisturizer afterwards. It is full of vitamins and antioxidents for your skin. I love this product, but being from Canada, they do not carry this here, so it is hard to get a hold of it!

on 9/23/2002 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I am slowly becoming Avon skincare addict .. I started off with Retroactive & Pure O2, and then received this primer in a swap. It's applied on clean skin before moisturizer and is loaded with vitamins A, C, E & B. Since I've started using this, my breakouts have diminished significantly - it's non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic, and my skin tone is improving. It helps skin to absorb moisturizer. If you're familiar with new Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 it's pretty thick and sticky and can leave your face shining like a lightbulb. When I apply it over Skintrition, it glides on, sinks right in and does not leave a trace of shine on my face. I highly recommend Skintrition primer product to everyone.

on 1/10/2002 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Very comparable to Estee Lauder's Fruition. Seemed to produce the same results for me! But I didn't see a dramatic change in my skintone or texture as promised by both products. Still a product I'd be willing to give another try.

on 11/14/2001 6:58:00 PM

GREAT product!! Does the same thing as Origins A Perfect World but you get almost twice as much in the bottle at about half the cost. Even smells the same. I still like my Origins but I use this sometimes as well when I cant get to the Origins counter.