Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)

Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)
image 1image 2image 3image 4

Active Ingredients: 5% Titanium Dioxide , 5% Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Saccharum Offcinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tretrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol. ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines.

on 5/3/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is something I can not live without.Use it as my sunscreen and foundation for day ,it's light with sufficient color,little moisturizing.But be careful this product sold in Canada doesn't have SPF

on 4/9/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing G. Armani Lasting Silk and Luminous Silk (#5) for a while now, and I was looking for something lighter coverage, more moisturizing.
I went to Sephora and based on my skin color test, I was given a sample of this Tarte BB cream in shade "Light" (I guess for summer I would need darker shade). I was highly impressed how creamy and moisturizing the formula is. Really easy application. On my first day, I actually forgot to apply my day cream underneath, and after few hours I noticed that my skin was very dry, with dry patches (with Tarte BB cream on). Next day I applied my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream (the only day cream that does not break out my skin!) and applied Tarte BB cream on top. Wow, what a difference! I love how light it feels on my skin, it's like I am not wearing any foundation at all. My face is smooth and "fresh feeling" all day long. Absolutely in love with this product.

To Read all 526 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/1/2016 8:58:00 PM

I have searched far and wide for my go-to foundation. After starting in on my third tube of Tarte's Tinted Moisturizer, I think I've found it. I dabbled in the days of high coverage products that, while covering my often blemished skin, also looked like a mask. After about a year of using Estee Lauder's Double Wear in "Desert Beige" (and spending hundreds on both high-end and drugstore foundations), I learned to embrace my acne-prone skin and treat it to something with light-medium coverage that doesn't cause more blemishes. I still need to wear concealer over spots (Fit Me Concealer in "Light" is my go-to) but this product allows my natural skin to show through. Even when I build up the coverage, it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup and this wears through the entire day. My skin is fair and the lightest tone Tarte carries ("Light") is still a tad dark on me. But for a product that doesn't settle into my forehead creases, doesn't break me out and gives me a healthy glow-- I don't mind blending down the neck.

on 3/17/2016 2:13:00 PM

I'm on my third tube of this product and just love it! (tempted to try other brands though just because)

This is a light- low medium coverage bbcream, tinted moisturizer. It never broke me out and I appreciate that it has some spf in it. The scent is tolerable (unlike the Laura Mercier one) and I like the brands reputation. It evens out my skintone, gives me a nice natural glow and doesn't look cakey on.

on 3/4/2016 6:35:00 PM

Recently purchased this tinted moisturizer in lieu of my regular powder foundation as winter has wreaked havoc on my sensitive skin and it is literally flaking off with the powder foundation no matter how much I moisturize and exfoliate! This BB cream has literally been a lifesaver! I use Bare Minerals powder foundation regularly and it is just TOO DRYING this winter. This BB cream is very moisturizing, gives my skin all-day hydration, and actually looks better than my BM foundation. Like, flawless, dewy, soft, satiny, touch my face all over better. My skin looks healthier and younger (even though i'm 27 this winter I look 40). I applied it with a beauty blender over the Tarte primer. I could use my fingers to apply, but I like the dampness of the beauty blender and the patting motion as it really helps blend this into my skin without flaking it. With two coats of this BB cream I had the same amount of coverage as my BM foundation. Now, this is not full coverage, it is light-medium. If you prefer a mask of make up painted on your face, this is not for you. The coverage in this I find evens out my skin tone and lightly covers blemishes (I use concealer anyway so whatever). It looks like my own skin (but better) and looks natural. It has a satin/dewy finish so because I have pretty oily skin I just set it with my Mineral Fusion setting powder and boom, done. It stayed in place all day with no caking or blotchiness (which I worry about with my oily skin). I work in surgery and have to wear a mask all day at work and I am happy to say that barely any makeup came off with my mask and stayed on my face instead! Now, some people have commented that it is glittery. This is true, and no, I did not purchase the illuminating BB, I purchased the regular tinted moisturizer. To be honest, I only can see the glitter on my face when looking closely in a mirror right after application. After applying setting powder, bronzer, and blush it's not as noticeable. Definitely not noticeable enough to be a deal-breaker. If you are wearing this product alone, yes you might look a tad glittery close up in the sunlight, but it is fine glitter so it's not too bad. Also, this stuff is VEGAN and CRUELTY-FREE, so considering those elements and the quality of the product I would buy again even though it's pricey. It's literally saving my skin this season while making me look and feel normal again.

UPDATE:

I still really like this product- however, not that we have entered summer weather and it is consistently hot and humid outside my skin is not working with it. It was great in the cold, dry as hell winter. Now my skin isn't as dry and it's more oily, resulting in my face looking greasy and having a sheen ALL DAY. From initial application to the end of the day my face has a sheen to it, it's no longer "dewy". It's beyond dewy. Doesn't matter if I blot or use powder, it still has this greasy looking sheen to it that's nearly reflective. I think I will hold off on using this product until next winter and go back to my powder foundations for the summer months.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I received a sample & instantly fell in love with the satiny texture & feel. It does not feel heavy & a little goes a long way. I love Tarte! I have quite the make-up collection but this definitely is one that I keep going back to.

on 1/25/2016 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've used Korean BB creams in the past (Skin79 Gold in particular) so I got a couple samples of this from Sephora to see how the American brands compare. The only issue I had with the Skin79 Pink and Gold BB creams is that they leaned slightly too pink for my medium pale skin with yellow undertones.

I got samples of the Tarte BB Clay in:
Light-Medium ("for light complexions with beige undertones")
Light ("for light complexions with yellow undertones")

I found that the Light color was a better match, and the Light-Medium skewed a tad dark and slightly orange on my skin.

As for the comparison: In feel, this is just as light and semi- transparent as the skin79 gold (since i like light, natural coverage this was a plus). Once applied, the coverage isn't quite as good, though. The finish is dryer (slightly more matte/cakey), so it tends to settle in pores and look more like makeup than the Skin79 BBs. Also, it dries down and sets faster, so it's harder to spread around evenly.

Overall I like the broader range of colors that Tarte offers, but prefer the more dewey finish of Skin79.

Price-wise, I think they're more or less comparable: 40g of Skin79 ($30) vs 48g Tarte ($35)

on 1/8/2016 2:31:00 PM

This is the best tinted moisturizer that I have ever used. I don't really like foundation because I hate looking cakey but I do like a little coverage for my face because I have a tendency to get a little red. I have tried many different tinted moisturizers including Laura Mercier's which is supposed to be one of the best ones. None of them have compared to this one. This actually provides coverage while being moisturizing. It doesn't dry out my skin or oxidize during the day. I am very fair an I wear the lightest shade, Ivory. I have repurchased this countless times and will continue to do so.

on 1/7/2016 10:42:00 PM

HG foundation! I love this foundation. I never thought I would be able to wear a liquid foundation because I breakout from everything and have tried everything from drugstore brands to BareMinerals to Dior. This foundation is it! It does not clog my pores, provides a perfect amount of coverage, and actually IMPROVES the condition of my skin. I would be happy with it just not breaking me out. However, this totally made my skin look better, which was a nice surprise. It's been hard to find lately. They better not be discontinuing it. None of their other foundations work for me at all. I've been using this one for about 2 years

on 12/28/2015 6:30:00 PM

I received a sample of this at Sephora, and I'm considering getting the full-size. The sample has lasted me a long time, so a little must go a long way. It's not heavy, but the coverage seems to be as good or better than many foundations without looking like you're wearing makeup. I either use an inexpensive ELF studio foundation brush or my knockoff Beauty Blender (the pink one from TJMaxx/Marshalls that Casey Holmes reviewed on YT a few years ago- can't remember the name) to blend. It seems to last about as long as all the other foundations and BB creams I've tried, and I haven't noticed a ton of oxidation.