Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)

Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)
Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)Tarte Smooth operator was ordered, received this. Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)

Active Ingredients: 5% Titanium Dioxide , 5% Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Saccharum Offcinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tretrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol. ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines.

on 1/10/2017 12:48:00 PM

This product was promising. I was very hopeful. However, it gave me so many zits! At first I thought it was how I applied it, or it was my BeautyBlender. After numerous trial-and-errors, I concluded that I was simply sensitive to whatever was in the product. The finish was quite beautiful but my face was an oil-slick after a few hours.

on 12/19/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to wait at least 2 weeks before writing a review to give my skin time to feel out this BB cream. I can say this is the best more pricey BB cream for my skin (super sensitive). Light is my perfect color, no smells, it applies great with a damp sponge over my BP lotion and moisturizer. Only thing I noticed (and I mention it below) is that it was a little more sheer than I'd like. I don't want full coverage at all, but Tarte's BB is almost more a tinted moisturizer than a BB. So - in order to get the perfect BB coverage for me - I follow the routine below now, because Tarte's was sheer but the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, but the other Bb cream I was using had more coverage, but was too drying. So I mixed them - and found my HG BB cream.

I have been using Burts Bees BB cream for months now, but have noticed now going into the winter months that my skin is a little too dry for the Burts Bees BB (even with moisturizer) - so I started mixing Tarte's Amazonian clay BB moisturizer WITH the Burts Bees BB - and together - they are my HG foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream. Hands down. Burts Bees alone is great coverage for a BB cream, but is a little too drying - and Tarte's is extremely moisturizing but a little more sheer. So together - they create the perfect coverage and moisturizing BB cream for my skin. This is almost full coverage for me. It's amazing with the two.

on 10/3/2016 7:26:00 AM

I found this tinted moisturizer inside my closet and I'm not sure when I purchased it or why I stopped using it. It probably broke me out before. I can't remember but I tried using it few days ago just to go for a fast errand. My face was still glowing even after I was outside for hours. I wore it alone and it did made my skin even. I have clear skin but very prone to black heads if my face doesn't suit the product. Yesterday, me and my boyfriend decided to jog around the city instead in our village. So I wore this alone just to make me skin glow and for the sunblock protection. So I sweat a lot! After 5 hours, I am home and before shower I removed this moisturizer with the bioderm cleanser. I looked at the mirror and I was expecting a very oily and messy face, but wow! I still look good! Haha! My face was oily though but in a good way. And nothing pop out of my face after using. I'm not sure though if it won't break me out if I use it everyday. I will try and update :)

on 9/23/2016 1:02:00 PM

I've been using this item for almost 7months,really2 love it as it doesnt cause me breakouts at all. Its lightweight texture suits my oily skin. Will definitely repurchase!

on 5/3/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is something I can not live without.Use it as my sunscreen and foundation for day ,it's light with sufficient color,little moisturizing.But be careful this product sold in Canada doesn't have SPF

on 4/9/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I have been wearing G. Armani Lasting Silk and Luminous Silk (#5) for a while now, and I was looking for something lighter coverage, more moisturizing.
I went to Sephora and based on my skin color test, I was given a sample of this Tarte BB cream in shade "Light" (I guess for summer I would need darker shade). I was highly impressed how creamy and moisturizing the formula is. Really easy application. On my first day, I actually forgot to apply my day cream underneath, and after few hours I noticed that my skin was very dry, with dry patches (with Tarte BB cream on). Next day I applied my Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream (the only day cream that does not break out my skin!) and applied Tarte BB cream on top. Wow, what a difference! I love how light it feels on my skin, it's like I am not wearing any foundation at all. My face is smooth and "fresh feeling" all day long. Absolutely in love with this product.

on 4/1/2016 8:58:00 PM

I have searched far and wide for my go-to foundation. After starting in on my third tube of Tarte's Tinted Moisturizer, I think I've found it. I dabbled in the days of high coverage products that, while covering my often blemished skin, also looked like a mask. After about a year of using Estee Lauder's Double Wear in "Desert Beige" (and spending hundreds on both high-end and drugstore foundations), I learned to embrace my acne-prone skin and treat it to something with light-medium coverage that doesn't cause more blemishes. I still need to wear concealer over spots (Fit Me Concealer in "Light" is my go-to) but this product allows my natural skin to show through. Even when I build up the coverage, it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup and this wears through the entire day. My skin is fair and the lightest tone Tarte carries ("Light") is still a tad dark on me. But for a product that doesn't settle into my forehead creases, doesn't break me out and gives me a healthy glow-- I don't mind blending down the neck.

on 3/17/2016 2:13:00 PM

I'm on my third tube of this product and just love it! (tempted to try other brands though just because)

This is a light- low medium coverage bbcream, tinted moisturizer. It never broke me out and I appreciate that it has some spf in it. The scent is tolerable (unlike the Laura Mercier one) and I like the brands reputation. It evens out my skintone, gives me a nice natural glow and doesn't look cakey on.

on 3/4/2016 6:35:00 PM

Recently purchased this tinted moisturizer in lieu of my regular powder foundation as winter has wreaked havoc on my sensitive skin and it is literally flaking off with the powder foundation no matter how much I moisturize and exfoliate! This BB cream has literally been a lifesaver! I use Bare Minerals powder foundation regularly and it is just TOO DRYING this winter. This BB cream is very moisturizing, gives my skin all-day hydration, and actually looks better than my BM foundation. Like, flawless, dewy, soft, satiny, touch my face all over better. My skin looks healthier and younger (even though i'm 27 this winter I look 40). I applied it with a beauty blender over the Tarte primer. I could use my fingers to apply, but I like the dampness of the beauty blender and the patting motion as it really helps blend this into my skin without flaking it. With two coats of this BB cream I had the same amount of coverage as my BM foundation. Now, this is not full coverage, it is light-medium. If you prefer a mask of make up painted on your face, this is not for you. The coverage in this I find evens out my skin tone and lightly covers blemishes (I use concealer anyway so whatever). It looks like my own skin (but better) and looks natural. It has a satin/dewy finish so because I have pretty oily skin I just set it with my Mineral Fusion setting powder and boom, done. It stayed in place all day with no caking or blotchiness (which I worry about with my oily skin). I work in surgery and have to wear a mask all day at work and I am happy to say that barely any makeup came off with my mask and stayed on my face instead! Now, some people have commented that it is glittery. This is true, and no, I did not purchase the illuminating BB, I purchased the regular tinted moisturizer. To be honest, I only can see the glitter on my face when looking closely in a mirror right after application. After applying setting powder, bronzer, and blush it's not as noticeable. Definitely not noticeable enough to be a deal-breaker. If you are wearing this product alone, yes you might look a tad glittery close up in the sunlight, but it is fine glitter so it's not too bad. Also, this stuff is VEGAN and CRUELTY-FREE, so considering those elements and the quality of the product I would buy again even though it's pricey. It's literally saving my skin this season while making me look and feel normal again.

UPDATE:

I still really like this product- however, not that we have entered summer weather and it is consistently hot and humid outside my skin is not working with it. It was great in the cold, dry as hell winter. Now my skin isn't as dry and it's more oily, resulting in my face looking greasy and having a sheen ALL DAY. From initial application to the end of the day my face has a sheen to it, it's no longer "dewy". It's beyond dewy. Doesn't matter if I blot or use powder, it still has this greasy looking sheen to it that's nearly reflective. I think I will hold off on using this product until next winter and go back to my powder foundations for the summer months.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I received a sample & instantly fell in love with the satiny texture & feel. It does not feel heavy & a little goes a long way. I love Tarte! I have quite the make-up collection but this definitely is one that I keep going back to.