Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen

Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 SunscreenAmazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 SunscreenTarte Smooth operator was ordered, received this. Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 SunscreenAmazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen

Active Ingredients: 5% Titanium Dioxide , 5% Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Saccharum Offcinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tretrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol. ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines.

on 5/25/2018 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple for me. As I've been aging and going into my 40s year old. My skin has changed ever since.

Since the powdery things and layers and layers of foundation are not a good choice for my mature skin anymore. I opt for a natual look and finish. And also comfortable-wear feeling throughout the day. So tinted moisturizer comes in.

This has light coverage as one expects in a tinted moisturizer. I like that it does even out my skin tone nicely. Even though I've got some acne scars, visible pores. But these two can be beaten by a tad of concealer and pore perfector.

Primer is a good way to make this last longer. And oily skin might benefit with sparingly loose/setting powder. Blotting paper will come in handy during the day. Dry skin can opt-out of the setting powder and you'll get dewy skin.

I don't need any brushes or sponges to apply it on my face. I once applied it with a beautyblender and I'd got very sheer and skin-like, perfect no-makeup makeup look.

I would give this 6 lippies just because It doesn't break me out.

Definitely I repurchase it again and again.

on 5/8/2018 9:00:00 AM

This product looked thick, cakey, and didn’t blend well. I tried several different techniques to blend this product out, but nothing seemed to work well with my skin type. It exacerbated any dryness and looked heavy in areas I have larger pores.

on 1/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a preliminary review with some hard-earned information I want to share with others about the product.

I was confused that the Tarte Website shows 7 colors, but all the US stores I visited (multiple Sephoras, Macy's) only had 4 shades as testers on display (Light, Light-Medium, Medium, Medium-Tan). But these are not the only shades available!! If you are lighter (Ivory) or darker (Tan, Tan-Deep) than the displayed shades, ask a SA to open the drawer and look for more shades/make you a tester. You can also do an online search prior to visiting the store to see whether it has your shade currently in stock. I had to ask/insist the SA look in the stock drawer a few times to get the particular shade I was looking for, and some of them didn't even know these other shades existed. I hope this helps someone!

Note: This product is not sold online in/to Germany. (Perhaps because it contains zinc?)

In Switzerland (and possibly other non-US countries), there is an additional color for very pale skin, Fair (but no Medium?)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin - sensitive, normal, dehydrated with some dry patches on cheeks and between the brows. I have rosacea that I keep in an invisible state that from time to time get flared up by new beauty products.

Pros:
- very natural looking, my skin but more even;
- wears well through the day, my face didn't become dry nor my t-zone became oily;
- it doesn't move through the day, it stays where I put it;
- didn't turn up looking powdery by the end of the day like many other foundations do on my skin.

Cons:
- gave me pimples, just in one day my skin went from clear to having allergy triggered pimples and extra redness;
- stays tacky, need a setting powder, a generous amount of it;
- transfers to my phone.

Love the look it gives to my skin, but won't be wearing it due to the allergic reaction.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lately I’ve been really liking Tarte products and the amazonian clay 12-hour foundation SPF 15 has been working quite well for me. Hiwever, it inky has a spf if 15 so I looked at what Tarte has to offer for primers. It was a bit of a tough decision when I first swatched both the bb primer and the bb tinted moisturizer (this is explained later) but chose the bb primer because the store where I got it at didn’t have the bb tinted moisturizer in the ivory shade (the light shade is just a bit too peachy fir me).
When Tarte had a good sale I decided to get some in ivory because I really wanted to try it... it’s a lot like the 12-hour foundation but not as thick and opaque. It’s like the casual blue jean option in lieu of a formal slacks foundation. It offers the light coverage one expects from a tinted moisturizer and wears quite nicely with no transferring, shifting, or fading. I’ve actually been using this more than the foundation since I got it. I like how it blurs and the shade brightens and evens out my skin tone. I also got it because of the higher amount of sunscreen actives... Either their spf testing is off or they don’t test spf at all. I say this because the bb primer has titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% and is labeled SPF 30, but the tinted moisturizer has 5% of each and labeled SPF 20, which in ingredient ratios does not add up correctly, the tinted moisturizer actually should have a higher spf rating. I really need to write to them...
I also have been looking for something to wear on no-makeup days that offers sunscreen and a bit of tint because mineral sunscreens can be whitening so I no longer use any physical sunscreens unless they are tinted. The bb primer seems like a good choice because I already have some but it comes in only 4 shades and the shade fair (which I use under the foundation) is too light on its own and doesn’t look right, I also got some in the light and mixed the two and nope, looks unnatural.
So to sum it up I like this product, it does (for me) everything a bb/tinted moisturizer should do (spf, even skin tone, just a touch of moisture). It’s also generously sized with 1.7 oz of product - too many mu brands skimp on products that shoukd be applied liberally, I get concerned about getting adequate spf coverage and feel a good bb should be aequate on its own.

on 12/5/2017 11:21:00 PM

I first reviewed this product 10 years ago when it was called Smooth Operator, according to MUA. I’m not sure I believe that this is SO, but there are enough similarities that I’ll pretend I believe it. First off, the shade match. It doesn’t look perfect at first but Ivory blends in so as to be undetectable on me. For reference, I wear the Vapour stick foundation in 090, I can pull off UD Naked Skin in 1.0, and that’s all I have for you because only this & the Vapour stick really seem to match me well!

Anyway, I don’t remember SO being this easily spread and blended. You’d think something with physical SPF would be a bit more dry (and they generally are) but this feels fantastic and completely blows my previous SPF tinted moisturizer by Supergoop out of the water.

I’m applying with my fingers these days since I’ve seen Mary Greenwell and Lisa Eldridge do some amazing things that way and they’ve convinced me that it gives the most natural finish. Doesn’t hurt that I’m not wasting product, either. I’ve also used my beauty blender and several brushes and enjoyed them all, but using my hands is just fast and easy and looks the best, IMO.

My skin is mostly dry but also dehydrated so I have fine lines and can also produce a respectable amount of oil, which is to say most foundations don’t make it through my work day. This one looks the same before bed as it does when first applied, so obviously I love it!

I think this TM is a perfect example of “if it ain’t broke” and I hope Tarte doesn’t get caught up in all of the current trends and ditch this solid and wonderful product!

on 10/13/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This tinted moisturizer is really good. It definitely doesn't cover a lot (you need a concealer to help dab on the blemishes for full coverage) but it definitely evens out my skin tone. I like that this is a multi-tasking tinted moisturizer because it has SPF so I don't need to add on an extra layer. Not very hydrating so definitely use a regular moisturizer underneath if you have super dry skin. It lasts me about 9 months which is pretty decent and I use it every single day. Also, since it's in a tube, you can really squeeze out alll the product to last you longer if you want to get your moneys worth. Definitely worth trying!

Best BB cream I've tried so far - this is the only one that hasn't broken out my hyper-sensitive skin . This is my daily BB cream, especially in the summer! It has light coverage and the shade Light-Medium matches me and completely balances the redness in my fair skin with its subtle yellow tones. I love how light it feels on my skin, it's like I am not wearing any foundation at all. My face is smooth and "fresh feeling" all day long. Absolutely in love with this product.

The product can be a bit drying, so I highly suggest wearing a moisturizer or day cream underneath, but the finish of the BB cream is so nice (even on oily skin) that a setting powder/foundation is not necessary! I wear the BB cream alone most days, and will occasionally set with a translucent powder for more formal occasions. Some have mentioned the light coverage of this cream, which is true. If you need more coverage, the Tarte clay powder foundation is perfect over this BB cream.

It does have some sparkles and shine to it which I wasn't expecting but I don't mind, you can't really tell after awhile of having it on. What really won me over was it left my face VERY smooth after taking it off at night.

Recommended for sensitive, acne-prone, oily/normal skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Best BB cream I've tried so far - this is the only one that hasn't broken out my hyper-sensitive skin (including the previous Smooth Operator formula, which my skin hated). Whatever they did when they reformulated and repackaged it worked, because this is my daily BB cream, especially in the summer! It has light coverage and the shade Ivory matches me (I also wear Ivory in the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation). When I wear it over Tarte's Clean Slate primer, I find it lasts much longer.

Recommended for sensitive, acne-prone, normal skin! I've repurchased this twice and will repurchase again when my tube runs out (which takes a long time!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly I will be returning this :(. I'm a huge fan of Tarte's amazonian clay products but this honestly did NOTHING for me. I might as well just wear a moisturizer. I wouldn't say it's a true BB cream at all, maybe a tinted moisturizer?
But I dont want to even say that, it's soo sheer. There was no coverage at all, and it had strange flecks of gold in it, and personally I can't stand glittery or sparkly products all over the skin. It made me look oily. I can see this for someone with perfect skin who wants a little extra something on for the beach maybe.