Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)

Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)
Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)Tarte Smooth operator was ordered, received this. Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Smooth Operator)

Active Ingredients: 5% Titanium Dioxide , 5% Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Saccharum Offcinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tretrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Boron Nitride, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol. ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Ultramarines.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly I will be returning this :(. I'm a huge fan of Tarte's amazonian clay products but this honestly did NOTHING for me. I might as well just wear a moisturizer. I wouldn't say it's a true BB cream at all, maybe a tinted moisturizer?
But I dont want to even say that, it's soo sheer. There was no coverage at all, and it had strange flecks of gold in it, and personally I can't stand glittery or sparkly products all over the skin. It made me look oily. I can see this for someone with perfect skin who wants a little extra something on for the beach maybe.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

To start, I've never used a foundation only BB creams. I find foundations are too heavy and I've never needed anything full coverage. This is the third BB cream I've tried including dream matte by Maybelline and the Tarte BB 12-hour primer (which I was not a fan of and don't recommend). However, this so far is my favorite, it goes on smoothly and blends very well. It does have some sparkles and shine to it which I wasn't expecting but i don't mind, you can't really tell after awhile of having it on. What really won me over was it left my face VERY smooth after taking it off at night. I definitely recommend trying this product if you're looking for a good BB cream.

on 4/25/2017 7:32:00 PM

was recommended this product for my dry skin. I did enjoy the how the product looked on my skin, however when i used it i noticed glitter all over my face. I thought maybe i accidentally got some eye shadow on my beauty blender until i realized it was in the BB cream. If there was no glitter i'd repurchase, but the glitter turned me off.

on 2/14/2017 3:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found myself to really like this product, it has little coverage so if your into full coverage foundations and bb creams you will probably not be into this. I love how natural this looks on the skin as it has a subtle glow and looks like your own skin. I have normal to dry skin and found that I didn't need to set it with powder but I still do as I found it does help it last longer. I think it is quite pricey and you could probably find something like this at the drugstore (I found the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream quite similar). So far it has lasted 6 months and I can tell that it will soon run out, but I think that the amount of product is a decent amount but still not sure about the price as it makes me hesitant to repurchase it. Overall I enjoy using this product and like how natural and glowy it looks, I love how it has SPF 20 but the only negative I have is the price. But I think if you are willing to pay $50 (AUD) then go for it and hopefully you will like it as much as I did :)

I was excited to try this because Ive been having dry skin issues and I still wanted a little 'something' on my skin to even out redness...so I figured a tinted moisturizer would be perfect.

Well this moisturizer is pretty much pointless because it has NO coverage. It claims to provide sheer coverage but it doesnt even offer that...Im better off returning this and buying a regular moisturizer..

Also this made my skin look really greasy for a while without actually sinking into the skin..and its full of glitter! I am super pale (nc5-nc10) so pretty much EVERYTHING shows up on my skin and this left a weird layer of gold glitter all of my face...I guess tarte thinks glitter = sheer coverage lol. Sorry, Ill pass...

on 1/10/2017 12:48:00 PM

This product was promising. I was very hopeful. However, it gave me so many zits! At first I thought it was how I applied it, or it was my BeautyBlender. After numerous trial-and-errors, I concluded that I was simply sensitive to whatever was in the product. The finish was quite beautiful but my face was an oil-slick after a few hours.

on 12/19/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to wait at least 2 weeks before writing a review to give my skin time to feel out this BB cream. I can say this is the best more pricey BB cream for my skin (super sensitive). Light is my perfect color, no smells, it applies great with a damp sponge over my BP lotion and moisturizer. Only thing I noticed (and I mention it below) is that it was a little more sheer than I'd like. I don't want full coverage at all, but Tarte's BB is almost more a tinted moisturizer than a BB. So - in order to get the perfect BB coverage for me - I follow the routine below now, because Tarte's was sheer but the perfect amount of moisture for my skin, but the other Bb cream I was using had more coverage, but was too drying. So I mixed them - and found my HG BB cream.

I have been using Burts Bees BB cream for months now, but have noticed now going into the winter months that my skin is a little too dry for the Burts Bees BB (even with moisturizer) - so I started mixing Tarte's Amazonian clay BB moisturizer WITH the Burts Bees BB - and together - they are my HG foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream. Hands down. Burts Bees alone is great coverage for a BB cream, but is a little too drying - and Tarte's is extremely moisturizing but a little more sheer. So together - they create the perfect coverage and moisturizing BB cream for my skin. This is almost full coverage for me. It's amazing with the two.

on 10/3/2016 7:26:00 AM

I found this tinted moisturizer inside my closet and I'm not sure when I purchased it or why I stopped using it. It probably broke me out before. I can't remember but I tried using it few days ago just to go for a fast errand. My face was still glowing even after I was outside for hours. I wore it alone and it did made my skin even. I have clear skin but very prone to black heads if my face doesn't suit the product. Yesterday, me and my boyfriend decided to jog around the city instead in our village. So I wore this alone just to make me skin glow and for the sunblock protection. So I sweat a lot! After 5 hours, I am home and before shower I removed this moisturizer with the bioderm cleanser. I looked at the mirror and I was expecting a very oily and messy face, but wow! I still look good! Haha! My face was oily though but in a good way. And nothing pop out of my face after using. I'm not sure though if it won't break me out if I use it everyday. I will try and update :)

on 9/23/2016 1:02:00 PM

I've been using this item for almost 7months,really2 love it as it doesnt cause me breakouts at all. Its lightweight texture suits my oily skin. Will definitely repurchase!

on 5/3/2016 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is something I can not live without.Use it as my sunscreen and foundation for day ,it's light with sufficient color,little moisturizing.But be careful this product sold in Canada doesn't have SPF