MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour

MAC Pro Longwear Lipcolour

3.6

Where to start.
Drying, cracks, looks awful, packaging well the clear end wont open.
This is the worst lip product I have ever used or purchased.

on 3/1/2016 1:11:00 PM

The secret for making this product last, not crackle and overdry your lips is to treat them a few hours before applying by gently exfoliating with a clean toothbrush and rubbing coconut oil. After that just make sure there are no traces of oils, concealers, foundations, etc and you're golden.

I first bought the lasting lust shade and HATED it, but a dermatologist friend suggested I did what I'm suggesting and 9/10 times it has worked like a charm. I now own 2 more shades and they have not gone insane on me. You DO have to let it completely dry before applying a second coat or the gloss. (I'm not a fan of the gloss whatsoever and hate that you have to buy it, I find that the gloss is partly responsible for the cracking and peeling). If you do 2 coats, you'll have no problems.

I find it a bit too expensive for the trouble you have to go through before applying the color just to make it work.

on 2/15/2016 12:08:00 PM

I hate saying this but this product is a complete failure.
I have the shade Lasting Lust which is a beautiful bright orangy red. When I got my hands on it I was so excited but after trying it, I completely changed my mind. I had troubles in applying it because it doesn't go on evenly, it has a weird kind of tacky texture which drives me crazy. It takes ages to dry to a completely matte finish on my lips and it is the patchiest thing I've ever tried. It's such a shame though because the color is gorgeous. Definitely not worth the price.

on 3/12/2015 10:48:00 AM

I was looking for a long wearing pink lipgloss/lipstick. I wish Limecrime had better shades as I love there Velvetines but they dont have the pink I wanted.
I decided to come to MAC because I trust them with stuff like this. I read some reviews and decided to purchase one called 'For Keeps'

Packaging- I like the packaging of this, its simple easy to use. The typical packaging for a double ended product!

Formula- Thick ish, cream like which drys pretty quickly, the gloss end is a standard clear gloss with no glitter, just clear.

Wear/Look/Feel- This drys to a matte finish, which I loveeeee! You can decide if you want Matte or a Sheen by either not wearing the clear end or wearing it. The formula does dry my lips out but what do you expect with this being long wearing. The formula does stay on ALL day through eating, drinking, even drinking hot tea didnt budge it. The only thing you really need to 're touch' is the gloss... which I dont mind leaving anyway as I like matte finish, but if you're going for a gloss then all you will need to do is reapply the gloss when you have eaten. Just please bring out more shades?!

Price- 18 which to be honest is expensive for what it is.

Overall-I'd say this is nothing special but I do really like it! I prefer higher end brands, I trust them more, though there is plenty oh dupes for this. I will be purchasing another colour, I think these are great for when you know you're going to be eating and pictures are going to be taken too! All goes know that when you wear lipstick whilst eating that its a task and half to make it look decent whilst eating! So these for me are very useful for meals out, lazy days when I cannot bothered to retouch etc.

on 1/13/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do like this product

I have had it for years and still seems good

Its a mauve shade ( label wore off) and it looks good

Yes, it is drying. But it stays on and feels ok and I trust it

I would consider buying another although I might check out similar products from the drugstore first.

on 10/18/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Briefly, the product is a total waste of money! I returned mine right after the very first use.
I am usually a Mac sucker but i was totally deceived on this one. The lipcolour is basically, everything you don't want it to be (so uncomfortable: dries up your lips, leaves a sandy feeling while wearing it, no even a longwear cause its gone in leaa than 3 hours)
Expensive, but poor quality...

This is an absolute waste of money. I originally bought this in Lasting Lust to wear for my wedding, but on my MUA's advice I went with a matte lip instead (Ruby Woo) and I'm glad I did.

I've since tried to wear this several times, and each time the result is the same. Upon application, my lips look great. Then as the base colour coat dries, my lips start to feel really dehyrated. The supplied lipgloss adds a beautiful sheen, but does nothing for the dry feeling. I can cope with dry feeling lips, and they look fabulous at first.

Then the bad happens: within a couple of hours, the base colour coat starts to crack and peel off my lips, coming off in flakes. If I rub my lips together, they feel sandy from all the little bits of colour balling up and coming off. Reapplying the gloss does nothing to stop this, and reapplying a coat of colour over the top of the old colour coat only seems to make the peeling problem worse.

When the peeling starts to happen I normally try to remove what's left to start over, and that's nearly impossible with this stuff. I'm left with bits stuck on my lips that will not move, and large expanses where it's all flaked off. This makes it really tricky to keep my lips looking normal through the day, even if I decide to stop reapplying and just wear lip balm.

I've had this flaking problem with other brands of longwear lip products, but none as bad as this one - and none of those drugstore brands were close in price to this. I would not repurchase and I'm trying to figure out how to use it up as it's useless for any situation where I need the lipcolour to last more than a couple of hours or so.

on 11/29/2013 12:22:00 PM

No. Just no. This was my wedding lipstick and, while it is long lasting, it peels and flakes off. In the middle of my wedding, I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see it peeling off my lips! I had a MAC makeup artist attend my wedding, to do my makeup and as a guest and she had to follow me everywhere to constantly reapply. The color that stays on is difficult to remove, so I looked like I had some sort of lip disease on my wedding night. Horrible stuff.

Meh. I actually bought it for my wedding - the last thing I wanted was lip color that would come off on my groom during that special kiss! This did exactly what I needed it to do for that particular occasion. That being said, this is probably my least favorite M.A.C. product. The formula really does dry out your lips, making repeat applications of the top coat an absolute necessity. It wears off in some spots and not others - as a result, unless you really like walking around with lips that are only halfway covered, you actually have to reapply it. Which is not the point of a "pro longwear lipcolor." This product stays like no other for a few hours, so if you have a specific event or purpose in mind, it may work for you (as it did for me). However, I will definitely not be repurchasing it for normal use.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Dear god, no. I purchased this thing in the color Lasting Lust, which is a pretty boldly bright red. I'm upset with myself that I let the woman at the MAC counter butter me into buying this product. In a nutshell, this "lip stick", or what ever the heck you want to call it, is horribly drying, flakes off in little tiny speckles, exaggerates any dryness on your lips and over all sucks. True, it does last decently longs.. In the spots it hasn't flaked off your lips. You have to apply some soft of hydrating lip balm under or your poor lippies will die. And don;t plan on eating or drinking anything, let alone licking your lips. The slightest touch of ANYTHING causes it to flake off like dry, lipstick skin. No. I will never buy this product again. It's sloppy.