Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)
Laura Geller Balance n Brighten MediumBalance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 9/20/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love, love, love this foundation. It blends nicely and wears well. It is pricey, but will continue to buy because it is amazing.

I tried the mini size version of this as I was not sure I would like it. This was very natural looking and the medium shade was perfect for my skin tone. I did not need to use primer or setting spray with this, the coverage was not too heavy or too sheer; it looked like I was not wearing any foundation at all. I was also able to blend cream blushes on top of it. The surface texture was very smooth and non-powdery. Way better than bareminerals foundation.

on 6/19/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm 52. With that said, this product (I use it in the Medium shade) has convinced me to stop wearing liquid foundation and/or BB creams. I don't need it with this baked foundation. It covers everything it needs to. I do use concealer for my dark circles though. It doesn't look cakey at all on me. I have combo skin. I get oily in my t-zone so I just use a little Rimmel Stay Matte primer in those areas. It doesn't oxidize on me like some have said it does on them. Gives me a youthful glow I just love. I also wear the baked bronze n brighten in the medium shade on top of it and the blush n brighten in pink buttercream. My 52-year-old skin looks awesome when I'm done. These baked products don't settle into fine lines either. I end it all with a good setting spray and it seals the deal. This stuff doesn't budge the entire day. I could actually give away my entire collection of liquid foundations, and other blushes and not blink twice. I have finally found my holy grail.

on 3/12/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

***Another edit, lol...now that I have a bit of a tan, the light shade works great...I am using this over Neutrogena. Shine free primer and the Real Deal concealer and am a happy girl again...this foundation has such a beautiful finish..no cakiness or settling into pores and lines...and I get medium coverage with it...I will try the fair shade this winter, even tho I am far from fair skinned***

**Edit...sadly, I had to give up on this...I couldn't find the right shade...even the light was too pink, which is a real shame because I love the texture and finish on my skin...it feels good on and doesn't transfer.**

I really don't care for liquid or cream foundations...they always feel thick and heavy on my oily skin, and settles into my pores and lines. I love powder foundations, but having trouble wearing them as I get older. I have tried so many foundations in the last 5 years, without feeling sold on any of them.

I just had to buy this...it's so pretty in the container! I liked it, right away...liked it even more with the Mattifying Spackle...really like it with the LG brush.

This is so soft looking...doesn't settle into my pores and lines...gives me solid medium coverage...feels like you have nothing on. With the primer, it lasts throughout the day, tho, I haven't tested it in hot weather yet. It does transfer onto my phone...😞

I have also found it makes ANY foundation look good if applied over it...

Also, go lighter than you think...I originally bought Medium and it was too dark, tho I think it will work well on my tanned summer skin. The Light is a pretty decent match for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Evens my skin tone. Buildable without looking cakey. I love it!

on 4/13/2017 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the med which seemed pretty dark on me but perfect for the summer months when I have a tan. I really love the coverage of this and so easy and quick to apply. Doesn't look heavy or cakey and it doesn't accentuate my lines and pores like so many other powder foundations I have tried. I will order another in the light shade.

on 11/16/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT: This stuff causes breakouts on me (where I don't ever get acne) and makes the dry areas of my skin itch. I also noticed after several uses that it would oxidate on me turning my face darker than my chest at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue wearing it.

So this foundation is okay. I don't expect a ton of coverage with it but just enough to correct some redness or uneven spots. It doesn't cover larger breakouts outs or irritation like rashes. I didn't find any brightening qualities to it, but I wear highlighter daily so that is not an issue for me. I do like how it evens out my face without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It does look dry and cakey if I apply too much so there is definitely a balance you have to find for your face. It doesn't last as long as I'd hoped. A primer helps some. By the end of the 8 hour work day, it has faded around my nose and mouth and over blemishes. I wouldn't say this lasts as long as liquid foundation. Overall, this foundation was okay for me. I will continue to use it, but probably won't repurchase.

on 11/18/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this after hearing all the hype, and imo it's not worth it. Coverage wise it's OK, staying power is non existent with both primer and setting spray. To the back of the drawer it's gone.

on 11/30/2016 10:32:00 PM

I stopped using powder foundations a couple of years ago when my skin got drier and first fine lines showed up. But after watching youtubers raving about this powder foundation I thought I would give it a try.
I got it for 20$ plus shipping on Hautelook.com.
And I'm really enjoying it.
It's not a full coverage foundation for sure. It's very light weight, feels like nothing on skin. It can be build to medium but not more than that.
The finish is natural - not too matte and not dewy.

But the most important is that it surprisingly doesn't settle into my fine lines, doesn't accentuate or sinks into my pores.

Can't judge it's staying power because my day is short. The longest i wore it was 4,5 hours and it looked perfect. But it was fall and my skin isn't oily.

Now about the bad.
The biggest con for me the shade misrepresentation. I am light with neutral undertone leaning towards yellow. I'm glad I read reviews before buying and ordered this foundation in fair. But even fair shade is noticeably darker than my natural skin tone. It's also orangey. Nothing awfull, still wearable but I like my foundation to be exact my tone or a ltitle ligjter. I'm wondering how would the light shade look like if fair is so dark.
I regret not buying the porcelain.
My advice is go 2 shades lighter than you natural tone is since it's runs darker and tends to oxidize during the day.
The packaging is bulky with the half see through plastic and half mirror. I would prefer the regular size mirror.
Overall it's a lovely product if you like powder foundation. It's also a lovely setting powder.

Note: my foundation is in the light beige packagING not black. May be it's been reformulated, I don't know.

PS.: just another reminder to go two shades lighter.
The fair shade looks orangey. It's noticeably on the jawline and compared to my under eye area.
Not so good for winter. It doesn't change my overall opinion about this product but it's smth to keep in mind when choosing the shade.

I do like this foundation. It came in a package with the Laura geller even skin tone primer.
1) It's super pretty! First the primer gives your skin a golden tone sheen. I can see how that fades away the appearance of discoloration from melasma under my cheeks.

2) Super lightweight. Reminds me of my first Bare minerals powder foundation set 10 years ago.

Cons:
1). I'm not sure it stays on all day so by the end of the day I felt like I didn't have much coverage . I may need to put an actual foundation underneath it before following with the powder .
2). Another con is that it is a matte finish since it's a powder , and my skin doesn't look good glowy, per se.
3). I was expecting the powder to give me kind of that glowy sheen since it had that marble sort of highlighter type appearance from the box. My skin ended up being pretty one dimensional and flat. That is fine as long as it evens out my skin tone.
4). What I do you wish it had more of was staying power and I also wish it didn't make me look so pale . I'm seriously thinking that medium is probably a better tone for me, even though I usually air on The side of liking to look brighter than darker.