Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)
Laura Geller Balance n Brighten MediumBalance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

I do like this foundation. It came in a package with the Laura geller even skin tone primer.
1) It's super pretty! First the primer gives your skin a golden tone sheen. I can see how that fades away the appearance of discoloration from melasma under my cheeks.

2) Super lightweight. Reminds me of my first Bare minerals powder foundation set 10 years ago.

Cons:
1). I'm not sure it stays on all day so by the end of the day I felt like I didn't have much coverage . I may need to put an actual foundation underneath it before following with the powder .
2). Another con is that it is a matte finish since it's a powder , and my skin doesn't look good glowy, per se.
3). I was expecting the powder to give me kind of that glowy sheen since it had that marble sort of highlighter type appearance from the box. My skin ended up being pretty one dimensional and flat. That is fine as long as it evens out my skin tone.
4). What I do you wish it had more of was staying power and I also wish it didn't make me look so pale . I'm seriously thinking that medium is probably a better tone for me, even though I usually air on The side of liking to look brighter than darker.

on 11/30/2016 10:32:00 PM

I stopped using powder foundations a couple of years ago when my skin got drier and first fine lines showed up. But after watching youtubers raving about this powder foundation I thought I would give it a try.
I got it for 20$ plus shipping on Hautelook.com.
And I'm really enjoying it.
It's not a full coverage foundation for sure. It's very light weight, feels like nothing on skin. It can be build to medium but not more than that.
The finish is natural - not too matte and not dewy.

But the most important is that it surprisingly doesn't settle into my fine lines, doesn't accentuate or sinks into my pores.

Can't judge it's staying power because my day is short. The longest i wore it was 4,5 hours and it looked perfect. But it was fall and my skin isn't oily.

Now about the bad.
The biggest con for me the shade misrepresentation. I am light with neutral undertone leaning towards yellow. I'm glad I read reviews before buying and ordered this foundation in fair. But even fair shade is noticeably darker than my natural skin tone. It's also orangey. Nothing awfull, still wearable but I like my foundation to be exact my tone or a ltitle ligjter. I'm wondering how would the light shade look like if fair is so dark.
I regret not buying the porcelain.
My advice is go 2 shades lighter than you natural tone is since it's runs darker and tends to oxidize during the day.
The packaging is bulky with the half see through plastic and half mirror. I would prefer the regular size mirror.
Overall it's a lovely product if you like powder foundation. It's also a lovely setting powder.

Note: my foundation is in the light beige packagING not black. May be it's been reformulated, I don't know.

PS.: just another reminder to go two shades lighter.
The fair shade looks orangey. It's noticeably on the jawline and compared to my under eye area.
Not so good for winter. It doesn't change my overall opinion about this product but it's smth to keep in mind when choosing the shade.

on 11/18/2016 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this after hearing all the hype, and imo it's not worth it. Coverage wise it's OK, staying power is non existent with both primer and setting spray. To the back of the drawer it's gone.

on 11/16/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT: This stuff causes breakouts on me (where I don't ever get acne) and makes the dry areas of my skin itch. I also noticed after several uses that it would oxidate on me turning my face darker than my chest at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I won't be able to continue wearing it.

So this foundation is okay. I don't expect a ton of coverage with it but just enough to correct some redness or uneven spots. It doesn't cover larger breakouts outs or irritation like rashes. I didn't find any brightening qualities to it, but I wear highlighter daily so that is not an issue for me. I do like how it evens out my face without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. It does look dry and cakey if I apply too much so there is definitely a balance you have to find for your face. It doesn't last as long as I'd hoped. A primer helps some. By the end of the 8 hour work day, it has faded around my nose and mouth and over blemishes. I wouldn't say this lasts as long as liquid foundation. Overall, this foundation was okay for me. I will continue to use it, but probably won't repurchase.

on 9/26/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I stopped using powder foundations about 4 years ago when my skin started to dry out and my lines were deepening. I've been a staunch liquid foundation user since but after trying LG's blush, I decided I would give this a try. ULTA's 21 days of beauty sale made this a reasonable purchase and one I wouldn't kick myself for if it didn't work out. I initially purchased this in Medium but found it was too pink for me - it is VERY pink, so if you prefer neutral or have yellow undertones, look at Light or Golden Medium. I ended up exchanging for Golden Medium and the match is perfect. I use very little and apply with a rounded top kabuki. The coverage is medium but buildable and the finish is matte - it's a powder, so that's expected. If you want it less matte, use a finishing spray. I see a little goes a very long way so I won't hit pan on this any time soon. Overall, it's a really good foundation that evens out my skin tone. I wouldn't repurchase mainly because I see why I stay away from powder foundations. I will use this on those days when I don't need much coverage but want some color on my face.

on 6/22/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I believed the hype on youtube and drove a total of 3 hours across the border to get this. So glad I didn't get the full size, but just the set with this product, blush, bronzer, & eye-shadow.
My shade is medium, it's hard to get the product with a brush, and it is dry & flat looking, not at all like the youtubers described it as almost magical.

This product is really amazing, especially for the winter months!!! I wore this foundation on its own all winter and it was awesome. Not too dry for dryer skin types like a lot of powder foundations are! I am now wearing it over my IT cosmetics cc cream and I just love it! I lightly dust it over with a kabuki brush as a setting powder. Also works great when layered to be worn alone! Great product!!

I am obsessed with concealors and foundations. I never had great skin growing up so I always needed a little something to help. I have sensitive combination skin and this is currently my HG. The medium shade is perfect for my NC30 skin, it has enough coverage but is sheer enough that it dosent look cakey. I like the "illumination", on my its not shimmery at all but gives a healthy skin glow. I also like that its a powder and not a liquid and I can do a quick sweep of my face and its done. Would I recommend this for someone who is in their early 20s and not sleep deprived? probably not but for the rest of us I think this one is definitely worth a try. I now have it in my car, gym bag, makeup bag.

I think this is pretty good powder foundation, I'm not usually one to pick powders as my base but this caught my interest. this foundation runs dark, I'm usually a light-medium to medium shades, and I had to buy this is fair. it does give pretty good coverage, I would say medium. I also use this as a setting powder I like that there's a marble swirl in this compact as I feel it makes the shade more forgiving.

on 2/21/2016 11:17:00 AM

My complexion is fair, a bit on the oily side. I have purchased this in the pale, fair and medium...none seem to work for me. I've tried the baked bronzer also, but the bronzer leaves my skin orange, dull and muddy!
I'd love to be able to quickly brush this on, but it always leave my skin very matte looking. I don't notice any shimmer, although I would not want a shimmer foundation. The dull, muddy look is not at all attractive.