Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this. I was looking for a cruelty free version of MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and I think this is almost it. I use this over a lightweight foundation usually. I have not tried it on it's own. I think it gives a beautiful finish. It doesn't cake or look powdery. I have used it over her liquid foundation and it looks so beautiful.

on 6/22/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I believed the hype on youtube and drove a total of 3 hours across the border to get this. So glad I didn't get the full size, but just the set with this product, blush, bronzer, & eye-shadow.
My shade is medium, it's hard to get the product with a brush, and it is dry & flat looking, not at all like the youtubers described it as almost magical.

To Read all 272 Reviews, Login or Join

This product is really amazing, especially for the winter months!!! I wore this foundation on its own all winter and it was awesome. Not too dry for dryer skin types like a lot of powder foundations are! I am now wearing it over my IT cosmetics cc cream and I just love it! I lightly dust it over with a kabuki brush as a setting powder. Also works great when layered to be worn alone! Great product!!

I am obsessed with concealors and foundations. I never had great skin growing up so I always needed a little something to help. I have sensitive combination skin and this is currently my HG. The medium shade is perfect for my NC30 skin, it has enough coverage but is sheer enough that it dosent look cakey. I like the "illumination", on my its not shimmery at all but gives a healthy skin glow. I also like that its a powder and not a liquid and I can do a quick sweep of my face and its done. Would I recommend this for someone who is in their early 20s and not sleep deprived? probably not but for the rest of us I think this one is definitely worth a try. I now have it in my car, gym bag, makeup bag.

I think this is pretty good powder foundation, I'm not usually one to pick powders as my base but this caught my interest. this foundation runs dark, I'm usually a light-medium to medium shades, and I had to buy this is fair. it does give pretty good coverage, I would say medium. I also use this as a setting powder I like that there's a marble swirl in this compact as I feel it makes the shade more forgiving.

on 2/21/2016 11:17:00 AM

My complexion is fair, a bit on the oily side. I have purchased this in the pale, fair and medium...none seem to work for me. I've tried the baked bronzer also, but the bronzer leaves my skin orange, dull and muddy!
I'd love to be able to quickly brush this on, but it always leave my skin very matte looking. I don't notice any shimmer, although I would not want a shimmer foundation. The dull, muddy look is not at all attractive.

on 2/8/2016 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on sale while looking for something to replace my MAC MSFN. I ended up returning it, but it might work for someone else:

Pros:
- Light to medium coverage
- Natural satin finish
- Not cakey
- Okay packaging (a little more solid the old MSFN packaging)

Cons:
- Has fine shimmer in it (just not what I was looking for)
- Limited color selection (biggest issue for me)

I wanted something that really matched my skin tone, but the light was too pink and the medium was too dark, so I had to pass. If you find a color that matches you (swatch them at Ulta) and you're okay with a little shimmer, then I would recommend this for light, daily use.

Love this product. I went through a Bare Minerals phase which turned my face into the Sahara Desert, and swore off powder/mineral foundations forever. Then I got a lovely sample bag with this foundation, a blush and a bronzer and fell in love with it. I'm in the light, which is more yellow toned than the fair. I use it as my only foundation most days, but sometimes use it over a CC cream for a more made-up formal look. It's also great for a light sweep over face when I'm out running during the day and don't want to look like death warmed over. The finish is pretty natural -- no shimmer, but not a flat matte, either. It feels silky smooth and light as a feather on. Can't say enough good things about it. The blush and bronzer were nice, too. QVC often has two-for-one deals, and kits including the foundation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Excellent product. Very satisfied with it. I use this foundation powder as a setting powder over my liquid one. It makes all the difference, blurs imperfections and gives a flawless face. I've been using it for over a year, it lasts FOREVER !!
I recommend it.

Keep coming back to over and over. I have used this for about 2 years now. I use it over a sheer liquid foundation to set. It gives an airbrushed finish over the liquid foundation. I would say a satin finish. Not completely matte but not shimmery. I am a NC25 and I wear the shade "Fair " . I love everything about this product but one thing ... The color is very inconsistent. The powder has swirls of different colors(kind of marbleized ) sometimes you get more of the lighter swirls and then sometimes you get more of the dark. Therefore, even though I'm getting the "fair" shade it can be more the color "medium ". For this reason I only buy in the store(not online ) so I can see the product and pick one that doesn't have a lot of the dark swirls. I wish they could be more consistent with the color but I have learned how to get around the problem. Overall I love the coverage and it lasts all day (14 hours). I have to touch up a couple times throughout the day but it never looks cakey. Never makes me breakout. Doesn't have any fragrance and is paraben free. I am always on the lookout for the "perfect " powder foundation. I have tried just about all of them but always come back to this one.