By Terry Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this to set my Light Expert foundation. I love how this wears with it. Doesn't cake, settle into lines or pores or separate on my skin. Gives almost an airbrushed effect.

I've had trouble finding a loose powder that worked for me generally, I've tried Prescriptives, NARS, MAC. Only complaint I have re: this is the packaging. I find that I tend to spill the powder when I decant some in the lid to apply with brush.

on 7/29/2007 10:42:00 PM

Skin conditions - oily, pores, redness, sensitive

The packaging of this means you have to decant into another suitable container before use. It does fill out quite a lot, so despite feeling incredibly ripped off for paying over $100 for a small jar of powder it fills into a container which one would say that it was quite good value for money!

Same scent as the enhancer, a lovely smoky musk which is not overwhelming. The texture is superb, up there with La Mer/CdP/Laura Mercier. It is another powder which is based on super refined talc/silicone/acetate ingredients. Coverage is sheer, as it should only be used for enhancing purposes. I have this in #4 banane. I am always on the look out for good quality yellow based powders as most European peach/beige tones do not suit my skin at all.

There are sheer shimmers which create luminance but not sheen, one issue I have is that these shimmers are still visible on the skin even after cleansing and a mask. They are mostly gone by the next day. I usually have sensitivities to talc based powders which results in slight itching and discomfort which can last all day. Surprising BT products do not cause this at all. This powder also has excellent oil control which is not expected from talc based products. I have used this only with a silk/rice powder - normally I'd expect oil breakthrough by mid afternoon with La Mer/Laura Mercier, but I did not blot for the entire day with this on top.

For reference, the ingredients talc, magnesium myristate, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, zinc stearate, isopropyl isostearate, cetyl acetate, cetrimonium bromide, parfum, acetylated lanolin alcohol, methyl paraben. may contain CI 77019 mica, CI 7891 titanium dioxide, CI 77491 iron oxide, CI 77492 iron oxide, CI 77499 iron oxide, CI 16035 FD&C red N40 aluminium lake, CI 770007 ultramarines, CI 19140:1 (FD&C yellow N5 aluminium lake, CI 45410:2 D7C red N28 aluminium lake, CI 77742 manganese violet, CI 77120 barium sulfate, myristic acid.