Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in Dark Brown

No Image

3.6

on 1/5/2018 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is a pain to apply. It tugs and isn’t creamy at all, always comes out messy/blunt no matter how you sharpen it, and runs out very quickly. For something that is so un-creamy, you would expect it not to smudge — but no. This will give you panda eyes within a couple hours of wear. This product was a huge surprise considering I loved the gel eyeliner from Bobbi Brown

I like this. it's the softest pencil liner I've found- compared with Clinique.
It applies without tugging and stays put. Does need sharpening quite often though.

The only downside for me is the current range of shades.

My previous purchase was 'walnut' which was a dark brown but quite soft.
This is no longer available and I replaced with Black Coffee- which is almost black, so I'm using it on top lid only as lower lid looks too harsh.

Not cheap but previous one lasted me over a year with daily use.

on 3/26/2011 11:32:00 PM

I had high hopes for this eyeliner and wanted an eyeliner with good staying power and easy application. Although this eyeliner does stay on quite well, it is a pain to apply. It is not creamy at all and is hard to transfer to the eye area. I have to press very hard to get any colour at all and this causes tugging. A trick I use is to place the eyeliner for a few minutes near my hair straightener to warm it up before application, which does make a big difference.

I will not repurchase simply because there are better liners out there.

This pencil works wonders when it's sharp, but when it gets dull and you don't have a sharpener (like me), it can be very difficult to work with. Very easy to smudge, or make a straight line, and stays well as long as you don't use an eye cream beforehand. I have it in Walnut, which is closest to the color listed here.

on 8/10/2009 11:22:00 AM

I bought this liner in singapore airport in a hurry and didnt get to use it till i got home. i love it. it is light and stays on my eye all day witha real natural look.
on the down side If you want a really dark brown, it more light brown colour when you put it on. I wouldnt wear it out, more of a day and work look. i wear it just about my lashes. was good for the price 28 bucks

on 6/13/2009 12:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've had no problems with my pencil in Walnut. I keep it handy and even use the smudger for other liners. The metal caps are quite handy, as they don't break like plastic ones. The brown, is the perfect color brown. It works for so many looks, and goes with a lot of eyeshadows. I like the application, and it stays on a good 8 hours for me, then comes off easy with just cleanser.

on 9/6/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this in Midnight (#003) and liked the fact that it came with a smudger on the other tip of the eye pencil; however, after using it a few times, I don't think this pencil lives up to its name of "Creamy." It's actually quite dry and hard to use since it drags on your skin, though once you get it on your eye, the smudger does help a little. There are many better eyeliners out there, and my current favorite is Clinique Quickliner for Eyes, which goes on very smoothly and also has a built-in smudger. Another favorite is Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil by Make Up For Ever, which I bought in Iridescent Navy Blue (#03L) at Sephora. It comes in a wide variety of colors, and stays on forever, but does not come with a smudger.

I have this is 005 Black. The reason i bought it was because it had that small sponge thing at the other end of the pencil. I was using TBS eye pencil in black before this and that was great too (refer to my review for that). I use this to achieve that perfect smokey eyed effect. The sponge thingy made it a whole lot more easier for definition or to just smudge your eyes to get that sultry look. The pencil it self is soft and glides easily. I didnt have to breath on it to warm/soften it first like what i did with my TBS eye pencil. Would definately buy again though next time i would try out dark brown.

on 8/2/2004 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colour is a nice deep dark rich brown. After the first few tries though, I stopped using this because its not long-lasting on me at all. It tends to "disappear" after a few hours. Texture isn't very soft and it does need to be warmed up a little before using, just to soften the crayon part a bit. The smudger is quite useful for smudging/smoky eyes techniques. Still, I won't buy it again because it isn't long-lasting enough.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an eye pencil with a smudger on opposite end that I never use anyway, but some may find it handy. The color is perfect to me, it works great with Mahogany eye shadow. The texture is a little tougher than MAC's one and it really needs to be sharpened for a better use. What I really like is the shade, the perfect brown pencil. I agree that the texture could be better for an easier application but at least it won't cease and it stays on all day.