Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops

3.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/26/2016 4:50:00 PM

I have been using this on and off for a few years now and I finally got the hang of it. I was using too much at the root and it was making my hair look greasy, so I am now only using about a drop and emulsifying it really well in my hands and then running down my hair. Wow what a difference, seals my crunchy ends and seems to be a good humidity blocker, too! A little goes a long way. I am glad I retried this product. It is really, really good.

on 10/6/2013 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Thought this product was pretty average. My hair is curly/wavy and I like to let it dry naturally (it goes very poofy) and then put some product in at the end when it's completely dry to make my curls more defined. Or use a product in my hair after I straighten it.

I really wanted to like the gloss drop, but it leaves my hair really greasy looking!! Even when I just use a teeeeeny bit. The serum is so thick that it's so hard to distribute very thinly. My hair is super thick, so if your hair is thin I imagine this product would be even greasier.

on 5/24/2011 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Stylist use these on me (applied to damp hair, prior to blow drying) and now I wanna try them! Seems good for taming a bit of frizz and adding a bit of shine. Probably is loaded with 'cone.

I use this every time I straighten my hair. I alternate between putting it in while my hair is damp or after I straighten. my hair is around shoulder length and I have never used more than half a pump. The smell is great and it's not sticky. I've never had a problem with it making my hair look greasy but I've always avoided my roots with it. Keeps frizzies at bay and adds lots of shine.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

God, I love this stuff. Paired with a flat iron, this serum makes my dark hair skinny, shiny and very soft (which is an accomplishment, having thick, naturally dry hair that has been dyed many times and all.) A small bottle lasts a long time...just don't break the pump top promptly after purchase! *cough*
I can't rave enough about these gloss drops...and it isn't tested on animals! Bonus points!

on 7/11/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've had coarse, wavy, frizzy, unruly hair for as long as I can remember. I flat-iron faithfully every day and I can tell you I've never found another product that does what this product can. It is a tad pricey, but it's 100% worth every penny. It seals your hair's cuticle to block out humidity and gives the most amazing shine. It smells great and isn't too thin like a lot of serums, also. However, with this being said, remember to use it sparingly. It's easy to pump out a ton of it thinking you'll need that much, just because that's how much you needed of another brand. My hair was past my shoulders a few months ago and extremely thick and dense and one full pump was even pushing it for me. You really only need a pea-sized amount. And it's much easier to use too little & then add some more, than it is to use too much & try to figure out how to get it out! I love it! I would never use anything else!

on 5/15/2009 5:15:00 AM

Ive been using this product for years now for my curly/wavy, sometimes puffy hair that I straighten every day. After blowdrying one half of my head I apply about 1/2 a pump, like the size of your pinky nail and rub between my fingers then through my hair. It immediately smoothes it out, makes it unbelievably shiny, and lasts a long time. I think at first i was doing the same as others and using too much and it did weigh my hair done, but Ive perfected the routine and realized how to use it without getting that weighed down look. I suggest it to everyone with my type of hair who get frizz after blowdrying. And because you are only using a tiny amount, it lasts for about 4 months....and i have long hair.

silicone based. adds shine to dry hair. use sparingly, a little goes a long way! best for coarse, thick hair.

I really love this stuff!!

I have coarse hair which I straighten so I need the shine and softeness that this product gives!

You definately do not need much of this stuff!! I use one small drop and rub it onto my palms and inbetween my fingers and lightly go through my hair.

Great product!!!!

Geeze people, read the directions! It says to use 1-3 " DROPS.".....not pumps!

I have bone straight, chin length hair of average thickness. I use a drop or 2 of this warmed between my palms and then run lightly down the top of my hair. I use it when my hair is nearly dry.

This product makes my bob look sleek and shiny. A drop or 2 doesn't weigh my hair down.

I love it but it is just silicone and there are much cheaper versions available everywhere.

I would buy the cheap version next time.

Popular Styling Products