Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener in Clear

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener in Clear
Hard as Nails Hardener in ClearSally Hansen - Hard As Nails - Hardener

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

To be honest, I didn't really believed in this kind of products as I've used a bunch and none of them seem to work. After I took the gel off, my nails were in horrible shape - ripped and very thin (I've always had thin nails, but this time it was much worse) so I went to Sephora searching something that will harden my nails, even a little bit. I bought this in November 2016 and I'm still using it in April 2017 and I have left about three quarters of it (I use this before I apply nail polish, about once or twice a week) and I did not realize that it works until I found myself having long, hard and healthy nails without them breaking and exfoliating. I love this product and given the fact that is relatively cheap, I recommend it to anyone who needs a nail treatment that really works. The only thing is that you need to be patient.

My second favorite nail polish. My first is their nail strengthener. It didn't chip for a while compared to colored polishes, however It did chip before the strengthener did, the strengthener takes longer to chip compared to this. It does take about three coats to be shiny, but it's nice and shiny. It dries somewhat fast, however the strengthener dried quicker than this. I like how it comes in actual plastic packaging, so you know it's not tampered with.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This does not harden or strengthen my nails, it peels off within the same day, sometimes it forms air bubbles under it, doesn't help keep nail polish on. A very useless product.

on 10/13/2016 6:13:00 PM

This is terrible!
I had fully applied my nail polish and let it fully dry.
Applied this ontop (the packaging said no chip!) and within minutes, the polish turned to mush and essentially slid off my nails!

I removed everything and started over applying this as a base coat.
It wouldn't even apply evenly!
I let it dry and applied polish ontop and it bubbled.

This product is awful!

DO NOT USE!

on 1/31/2016 12:32:00 PM

This is what I call a Staple. Everyone should use this whether you need to strengthen nails or seal a manicure for extra longevity- Hard as Nails gets the job done!

Really makes my nails feel stronger and harder!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is horrible & the only positive is I find polish removal easier with it,Thats only because whatever nail polish you place on tops it causes it to peel or pop right off.I will be investong in the Dior glo & just pay the $30.

on 8/30/2014 10:26:00 PM

I've been using this for at least 9 months now and I never ever paint my nails without wearing this underneath. If I'm not wearing any nail polish, I always put this on to protect my nails and keep them from accidentally being broken or chipped.

As another reviewer said, a little bit does go a long way - so use it sparingly. It's thin and it dries pretty quickly if applied correctly. I love this stuff. It is a great quality product for an affordable price.

I've only just started adding base coats and top coats to my nail routine, so my experience with base coats is small. Besides this, I've only tried out L.A. Colors Base Coat/Topcoat hybrid and the L.A. Colors Strengthener as cheap options. I honestly can't see a difference between this product and those.

I chose this to use as a basecoat because I figured something that keeps my nail strong would help keep my nails strong as well as act as a basecoat. I felt like my nails did feel a little more hardened, but since finishing the bottle, I've kept my nails bare of anything for a few weeks now and they seem just as hard as with the Hard As Nails on...unless I'm supposed to believe its effects last way beyond weartime. But I also felt like this was on par with the L.A. Colors products, not any better. I'm going to keep trying new basecoats to see if there's better ones out there. I would repurchase for the price, though.

One point to add, I'm confused as to how this product differs from the one with the same name that has a differently shaped bottle. Maybe I'll compare them in the future.

I've been growing out my nails, which are thick and were in pretty good shape to begin with, but broke very occasionally. This stuff ruined my nails. Now they're peeling, which is not something they had ever done before, and it's disgusting.