DuDu Osun African Black Soap

DuDu Osun African Black Soap
DuDu Osun African Black SoapDuDu Osun African Black SoapDuDu Osun African Black Soap

3.9

Pure Honey, Shea Butter, Osun (camwood), Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Pod Ash, Palm Bunch Ash, Aloe Vera, Lime Juice, Essential Oil Blend, Water and Fragrance

on 6/26/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have oily, acne prone skin and this soap works wonders. I bought it in a pack of 6 off Amazon about a year ago but only started using it about 9 months ago and it definitely helped to clear up my skin quickly and without the use of harsh chemicals. When I wash it off I can literally feel how squeaky clean my skin is but I would recommend putting on moisturizer afterwards because it can be a little drying. It's gotten me through breakouts and helping to fade my acne scars, I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin or acne prone skin and would definitely buy again. Just a psa, when you're not using the soap keep it dry or it will wear away way faster -- don't keep it in the shower!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this soap for the first time 2 years ago. I was going through really bad breakouts, oily skin and scarring. I decided to buy this soap and it SAVED ME!!! My marks faded away, my pimples gone and my skin balanced and moisturized. This soap is especially helpful during the summer. I stopped using it after I found my skin was in a good state and I broke out & the scarring came back :( so I just repurchased it to get my skin back on track and I'll never take myself off of it again lol!

To Read all 79 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So this might not be the most cute or glamourous looking thing in your bathroom counter or shower. To be frank, it will look like a turd sitting on your soap dish. But hey, if you can get passed the unappealing look this thing really works! I remember when I first got it it was because I was breaking out bad during my pregnancy and thus being pregnant I wanted a more natural alternative to fight my acne and had done some research and read about African black soap. I also read that this was one of the better brands and was very authentic straight outta the motherland! so I got a groupon deal that came with a 3 pack which to this day has lasted me and its been almost 2 years! These bars are huge so i'm just now getting on to my 3rd bar so yeah they will last you forever so you definitely get alot of bang for your buck with these. Anyway, I noticed right after I started using It that It started clearing my acne in less than a week and drastically cutting the oil levels on my face as well which I guess contributed to my face clearing up. I just thought it was funny that it freaked my husband out the first time that he saw it in the bathroom and had told me that our cat dropped a deuce on the bathroom counter lol and ever since then even he's gotten hooked on what we now refer to as "shit soap." but seriously jokes aside, this thing really works and not only to clear up acne or fade marks and spots but this thing can remove any makeup like nobody's buisness! From stubborn Waterproof mascara to lash adhesives to long lasting 24hr matte lip stains and lip sticks. It doesn't matter what it is this baby takes it all off. I swear it's like the Mr.clean Magic eraser 2.0 version for the skin lol keep in mind though that of course like most soaps, It will sting your eyes like cray! So be extra careful when you're using them around your eyes. but I'm tellin' you it will take it all off no matter what you got on. Another thing I don't like about it? The smell. Now I wouldn't say that it smells like it looks (thank the lort) but I can't say that it's a pleasant smell either. To give an idea, It kinda reminds me of the cheap soap that we would use in the public school bathrooms. Shoot idk, but me no likey . Anywho! other than those little "issues" that I have with it I would say that this is an overall good product. Lastly, If you're a makeup junkie and serial swatcher like me, you will find that this is the best thing to clean it all off of your skin! This is seriously the only thing that doesn't leave a single trace on my hands or arms. Even with matte lip stains! Yes ladies and gents, it's that good. So bottom line, I'd highly recommend this to anyone with combo to oily skin seeking a more natural product to take care of skin concerns. I don't know if I would recommend it for those with sensitive or dry skin as this can be very drying. However I find that if you follow it up with a ph balancing toner it takes care of that concern. So just keep that in mind if you experience tightness in the skin after rinsing it off

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

African "black" soap is fabulous for my oily combination skin. It isn't really black but brown. Make sure you buy the free trade fair trade version. Coastal Scents sell it. I keep mine in a soap containers and I have made a body wash with the soap usin distilled water and almond oil. Best thing I ever did for my skin. Dark marks gone, blackheads gone and open pores disappeared.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't like giving 5/5 reviews as no product is perfect. But I will pull in an exception for DuDu Osun, because my skin is very sensitive and gets dry. But as I've been using it for the past week, as I see a difference on my skins. The dryness is becoming smooth and my hyperpigmentation is clearing up. I would differently recommend this product. And seeing as I'm from Africa and soaps like Dove have always broke me out and dried my skin. This is a must buy. PROS: Wonderful scent Clears up skin Smooths (after a few washes) Cheap CONS: Drys for the first few washes.

on 1/18/2016 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ive been using this soap for about 2 months now and I have noticed a change in my skin. I have a very oily T-zone and my skin is quite sensitive. I bought it at my local hair and beauty supply store at a very affordable price. It wasn't more than £3. I use it twice daily. In the morning and at night after removing my makeup. When I first started using it, it made my skin very dry but it doesn't really do this anymore, maybe because my skin is used to it now. It has a mild smell and it also flakes a lot so I suggest keeping this soap on a very dry surface. After a month of use, I noticed that my acne reduced a little and my pimples dried out more quickly. I haven't noticed a change on my dark spots. I would recommend this soap for those with sensitive skin due to its mild properties. It also has natural ingredients which is a plus for me.

on 1/11/2016 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a few years now. This is the only soap I can use on my body that does not break me out. Every other soap I have tried would break me out in my chest. Although, I use this product mostly for my body, it also does a great job with removing makeup on my face prior to using my cleanser. This is definitely a staple for me!

on 10/25/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I've been breaking out since I was 12, and I've tried almost every drugstore cleanser out there, but none of them seemed to ever work. I always had these tiny bumps and pimples all over my forehead. When I started high school, it only got worse. I had cysts and I started breaking out on my cheeks as well as my forehead. It wasn't until I came across this soap that my breakout stopped. When I first tried it, my skin burned, and my breakouts seemed to get worse. I had a breakout of cysts and I was planning to give up on it, but I decided to stick it through. I got a good exfoliator and I continued using the soap. 2 weeks later, and my skin is the best that it's ever been and even my acne scars got noticeably lighter. I haven't even broken out since the initially breakout in the beginning. I honestly wish I had tried this sooner. Only problem I have is the packaging. Once you take out out of the box, you have to store it elsewhere, and it stains my counters and towels.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this black soap!!!! And I have tried a few that are authentic, the soft black soaps, the bars..and I only like a few of them. This is one of them.
This soap helped me and my son's acne. It started clearing up, and while it didn't clear it completely, it helped get my skin back onto the road to recovery. It also helped get rid of dark marks and lighten them, because there is lime in this bar of soap. The first time I used this soap, it did feel kind of harsh, but what I did was use the first day, then took a day off, then used it again. It worked well. Can be drying. Great for oily skin. Has lots of ingredients that help with aging according to dr Oz, which is where I first heard of black soap from. Great bar of soap!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Together with the Olay Regenerist day and night creams, this has completely cleared my skin of all acne. I would recommend it to anyone, especially since it is dirt cheap.