3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Ultimate soothing gel-creme. First, a few quick words about my skin. Just finished accutane and now on a 'maintenence dose' (40mg /week) to keep the oiliness away. So, my skin is 'normal' to slightly dry but, above all else, sensitive. Large pores, some wrinkles, no blemishes. I first tried this years ago, before doing accutane treatment. I found this supremely effective in calming my skin down, which made active pimples less red, sore and inflamed and, similarly, seemed to go some way in preventing new ones. My skin was far less red, appeared more even and wonderfully hydrated. Now, post accutane, my skin is still sensitive and prone to dryness. This provides just the right amount of hydration, sinks into skin without leaving greasy residue. Seems to instantly calm my skin as well as plumping it with a good dose of moisture. I find using this a real treat- just feels luxurious. As for long term effects...I'm really not sure. I think it does help to calm skin immediately after use, but I don't think it improves skin over time. The texture is a gel-creme, not too thick nor thin (but on the thicker side), very mild rose scent. I always purchase it in the 5ml sample size (very cheap on ebay, with the same amount as a full size product costing half the price) so that hygiene is not compromised. I find the full size bottle not the best for hygiene as you have to dip your fingers in the tub. The samples are fresher, more hygienic and cheaper. Yay! I know that this is aimed for rosacea skin and I cant comment as to it's efficacy in that regard. For regular sensitive skin, this is perfect. Calms and hydrates which is exactly what I want in a moisturizer.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I was really excited about this cream, and I bought it with the cleanser. I have sensitive, red, dry skin that has reacted poorly to other products. This one was no exception. It didn't make any difference in my redness, and caused me to break out horribly. It did not hydrate very well either. Definitely not worth the money in my opinion.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

As someone who has never officially been diagnosed with roseacea, this has been a life saver. I had one esthetician remark that I have roseacea, but no one else, not even the derm. Lately I have been getting red irritation after sun exposure and thought it was sunscreen at first. After trying hydrocortisone and other stuff, I remembered that I got a sample from the esthetician. It WORKED! My skin felt soothed for the first time in weeks and the redness calmed down. I had to break down and spend the $67 bucks for a jar - but it makes my skin so soft! I have been using it as a night cream - too rich for daytime (I have combo skin with occasional breakouts). It is a scented product (essential oils) so it may not be for everyone. Surprisingly it is okay for me and I am usually allergic to everything and anything scented. Get a sample first and if it works, don't be scared of the price - its worth it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlack

EyesBrown

11 years ago

I'm reviewing the 6.8 oz size, which comes in a tube. I've used the smaller 1.7oz size that comes in a jar; I don't like sticking my fingers into jars of cream and I don't like using spatulas either. So I switched to moisturizers that come in tubes only. This tube will cost you over $100, but when you consider that it's 4 times the amount of product as the 1.7 oz jar, which sells for $67, that's a pretty OK price. Still expensive, but more easy to swallow. Now for the product itself- nice fragrance, soothing consistency (important when you have rosacea), and good moisturizing qualities. I use it as a night cream and wake up with nice smooth skin (and I have forced air heat, so I need a really good moisturizer). If you have rosacea, this is worth trying. I would advise all rosacea sufferers to get samples and try before you buy, since what soothes me may irritate you. And if you have this in a tube and do not like it, I'll be happy to swap you for it.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

11 years ago

These cream its godd,very gentle,nice smell.My skin its soft and calm.But its a little heavy for me,becous i have oily skin. Update:These product smells strongly of roses and its iritating for sensitive skin.I did not recomendet these product for rosacea skin typ becouse essential oil of rose its too iritating.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I really wanted to like this cream. I bought the travel pack after reading the great reviews here. Unfortunately, it just isn’t for me. I have Rosacea and dry skin, and I found that this cream doesn’t hydrate at all, my skin felt very uncomfortable after putting it on. I can’t say whether it does anything for the redness because due to the fact that it left my skin drier than it already is, I didn’t use it long enough. I think it is not a bad cream overall, but it’s just not made for dry skin. It might work well for oily skin types. I didn’t like the very strong rose smell either, but I could have gotten used to that if I had liked the cream overall. Unfortunately, my search for the perfect moisturizer continues …

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I have been using the RS2 line for about 3 years, and it is the only thing that has saved my skin from the acne, redness, and blotchy-ness that had plagued me for years! The RS2 Care Cream is expensive - 1.7oz for around $63, but I put it on right after the toner/lotion and it seems to go a bit further. The smell is nice, not really strong. The spa I go to has samples of all the Pevonia products, so if you have red, sensitive skin - it might be worth it to try and find one near you to get a free sample. It really has changed my skin for the better, it is now smooth and all one color! I don't even wear make-up that often:)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther

HairBrown

15 years ago

this has saved my skin, after my diagnosis of rosacea and the horror show of false promise products i found my HG. after becoming a devoted pevonia user for 2 years I haved waved goodbye to rosacea. along with 3x's yearly pevonia spa treatments and use of the complete rs2 line my skin glows. fairly expensive commitment but it has given me flawless skin.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

16 years ago

The RS2 line targets rosacea and it really works. Mind you, I have a mild case only; I don't know how beneficial it would be for severe rosacea. It not only decreases the redness and bumps, but it also moisturizes beautifully, keeping the skin soft all day long, something which has always been a challenge for my dry skin. For an added boost, wear the RS2 Concentrate under the cream. Expensive, but a little goes a long way and it does work.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55