4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

So glad I bought this. Went in to buy the Cerave Hydrating cleanser but so many of their products break me out. This gets my face clean without feeling stripped and doesn't leave a residue. What more can you ask for a cleaner? Wish I could find this in a travel size.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Love this cleanser. It removes makeup without drying my acne prone skin and doesn't irritate my my eyes. Works great with Clarisonic.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I bought this for years until one day while using off brand baby wash for bubble bath, compared the ingredients because they smell exactly the same. They contain the same ingredients exactly except Purpose also contains citric acid. I stopped buying Purpose and have been using the baby wash which I purchase in the store brand from Kroger, Target, or Walmart. That was 2 yrs ago and it serves the very same purpose. Pun intended.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Purchased at: Target Price: $4.69 I picked this up on a whim after hearing a sensitive-skinned friend say that this was their favorite cleanser that didn't irritate or over-dry their skin. They weren't wrong. I have sensitive combination skin and I've had trouble finding a cleanser that does the job without breaking me out in either acne or a rash or dry out my skin. This works for me beautifully. I will use this 1-2 times a day. I just splash my face with water in the morning and go, but I will wash my face after work occasionally (there's a lot of physical labor involved and I get gross sometimes). I always take time at the end of the day to wash and treat my face before bed. I've almost used up my first bottle of this completely and my face is the clearest it has ever been. The bottle has last me several months and I will re-purchase it the moment I run out. This is the first skin cleanser that I've been able to use all of without it bothering my skin and having to pass it on to a friend or family member to finish while I hunted for something else.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Leaves skin a little dry but nothing unbearable + nothing that can't be fixed with moisturizer. I think the price is $5-7 dollars for 6 fl. oz, and this lasts surprisingly long, even if you use it 1-3 times a day.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I am loving this cleanser so much. It has made a tremendous difference on my skin. You don't need a lot of product. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I usually have at least a few breakouts on my face. Since I started using this, my skin has cleared up a lot and it feels so soft. I use it in the morning and at night. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but it's well worth it because a bottle can last a long time. Remember "less is more".

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

3 years ago

I love this stuff! It's my new favorite face wash. I believe it's what helped my acne go away when nothing else was helping. It does have a fragrance, so those with sensitive skin should maybe be cautious. I like the smell though. Only a little pump goes a long way - this stuff lathers really well which I have always appreciated in a face wash. It is gentle yet removes all makeup easily. My face feels clean but not dried out after using this. I will definitely buy again as long as it keeps my acne at bay!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

What's with this ingredient change?! I went to pick up a new bottle yesterday and noticed a drastically stronger smell as I was using it that I really didn't care for. Turned over the bottle, and alas, there are different ingredients! Has anyone tried the new formula for an extended period of time? Is it worse or better or the same? I'm afraid to test it out ha because the old formula has been a favorite for so long.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

from

3 years ago

I have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to eczema so I have to stick with gentle non-irritating products for my skin. Years ago when I had severe eczema Purpose was about the only soap I could tolerate. I had most recently been oil cleansing, but wanted to switch up my routine and use a more tradition cleanser. Purpose is pretty inexpensive, I think I paid about $5USD for the pump bottle, considerably less than the high end oil cleanser I had been using. This did a good job of removing most of makeup, with the exception being mascara which I honestly think a lot of cleansers have a hard time removing. My skin did feel just a tiny bit dry afterwards, but I am also just healing from an eczema flare up on my face. I took away one lippie because this is fragranced, something not typically found in products marketed for sensitive skin. While the fragrance didn't irritate me, it may be problematic for some. I would rebuy this, it works well, isn't expensive, and is easy to find.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

Gentle yet effective

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair