Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [2016]

What's with this ingredient change?! I went to pick up a new bottle yesterday and noticed a drastically stronger smell as I was using it that I really didn't care for. Turned over the bottle, and alas, there are different ingredients! Has anyone tried the new formula for an extended period of time? Is it worse or better or the same? I'm afraid to test it out ha because the old formula has been a favorite for so long.

on 4/13/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to eczema so I have to stick with gentle non-irritating products for my skin. Years ago when I had severe eczema Purpose was about the only soap I could tolerate. I had most recently been oil cleansing, but wanted to switch up my routine and use a more tradition cleanser. Purpose is pretty inexpensive, I think I paid about $5USD for the pump bottle, considerably less than the high end oil cleanser I had been using. This did a good job of removing most of makeup, with the exception being mascara which I honestly think a lot of cleansers have a hard time removing. My skin did feel just a tiny bit dry afterwards, but I am also just healing from an eczema flare up on my face. I took away one lippie because this is fragranced, something not typically found in products marketed for sensitive skin. While the fragrance didn't irritate me, it may be problematic for some. I would rebuy this, it works well, isn't expensive, and is easy to find.

on 3/20/2017 10:23:00 PM

Gentle yet effective

on 2/14/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Normal skin, prone to breakouts and redness in my cheeks and this cleanser does a good job of cleansing my makeup without drying out my skin. I have tried drugstore, high-end, natural cleansers they would work initially and then the problems would start. This cleanser is working out great and on my 4'th bottle now. I have found my HG cleanser and planning to stick with it. This is a no frills does the job product!

on 2/11/2017 1:52:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for years, and I have tried others but always end up going back to Purpose for the simple fact that it is the most gentle, non-irritating, cleansing face wash out there! With my clarisonic, twice a day using purpose and following with my Paula's choice aha's and bha's and jojoba oil for a moisturizer my skin has never been better. I used to suffer from cystic acne and the dermatologist always recommended I wash with purpose or cetaphil-cetaphil doesn't remove all of my makeup while purpose leaves my skin feeling extremely fresh and clean without stripping it of all oils completely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Skin Profile: Dry (especially in winter), sensitive, and oily t-zone

History: My credit, I've tried a lot of face washes. I don't really have acne prone skin, but acne washes tend to make me itchy and I'm especially sensitive to Benzoyl-peroxide (Think big,scary, and blotchy hives).

Thoughts: It's gentle, great for daily use (NIGHT or DAY), and it's leaves my skin moisturized. No allergic reactions or acne from use. I got the extra 33% bottle from Walmart and it lasts me about a year because you don't need to slather a ton on your face. It foams up a little with a Konjac sponge or any facial cleansing brush. Find it at walmart or Target for best deal without having to buy it online.

TLDR: Try it if you're tired of getting dried out from other face washes. it's my HG facial cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My holy grail cleanser! I have tried everything from Clinique to Neutrogena. I have oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser does amazing things for me. It helps with my oiliness and acne. It does not burn like every other cleanser I have used. It is so gentle and foams amazingly with my clarisonic. It has been the ONLY cleanser I have repurchased EVER.

on 11/22/2016 4:45:00 PM

I love this cleanser and use it daily, but it can be drying. A little tip that makes me love this so much is to use very little product. I usually use a little pump and rub in my hands, put them under running water quickly, then lather some more. After that it seems to be a perfect amount for my skin type (extremely sensitive). I do this after an oil cleanser to remove my eye makeup. Also, the big bottle lasts me about a year!

on 7/8/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will definitely buy again. This is a good/great product but no miracle. It does a great job at cleaning the face but doesn't have any medication that will really clean out the pores. It is great used in conjunction with your favorite medicated product. I prefer some other name brand cleansers that are gentle: Both start with a C (hint hint*)

on 6/26/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry. I found this cleansing wash a little too strong for my skin, so I diluted it half and half with distilled water and now it's not irritating.