Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [2016]

on 1/8/2018 12:47:00 AM

I bought this for years until one day while using off brand baby wash for bubble bath, compared the ingredients because they smell exactly the same. They contain the same ingredients exactly except Purpose also contains citric acid. I stopped buying Purpose and have been using the baby wash which I purchase in the store brand from Kroger, Target, or Walmart. That was 2 yrs ago and it serves the very same purpose. Pun intended.

Purchased at: Target
Price: $4.69

I picked this up on a whim after hearing a sensitive-skinned friend say that this was their favorite cleanser that didn't irritate or over-dry their skin. They weren't wrong. I have sensitive combination skin and I've had trouble finding a cleanser that does the job without breaking me out in either acne or a rash or dry out my skin. This works for me beautifully. I will use this 1-2 times a day. I just splash my face with water in the morning and go, but I will wash my face after work occasionally (there's a lot of physical labor involved and I get gross sometimes). I always take time at the end of the day to wash and treat my face before bed. I've almost used up my first bottle of this completely and my face is the clearest it has ever been. The bottle has last me several months and I will re-purchase it the moment I run out. This is the first skin cleanser that I've been able to use all of without it bothering my skin and having to pass it on to a friend or family member to finish while I hunted for something else.

on 8/28/2017 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Leaves skin a little dry but nothing unbearable + nothing that can't be fixed with moisturizer. I think the price is $5-7 dollars for 6 fl. oz, and this lasts surprisingly long, even if you use it 1-3 times a day.

on 8/2/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this cleanser so much. It has made a tremendous difference on my skin. You don't need a lot of product. I have oily, acne-prone skin. I usually have at least a few breakouts on my face. Since I started using this, my skin has cleared up a lot and it feels so soft. I use it in the morning and at night. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore product, but it's well worth it because a bottle can last a long time. Remember "less is more".

on 7/16/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff! It's my new favorite face wash. I believe it's what helped my acne go away when nothing else was helping.

It does have a fragrance, so those with sensitive skin should maybe be cautious. I like the smell though.
Only a little pump goes a long way - this stuff lathers really well which I have always appreciated in a face wash.

It is gentle yet removes all makeup easily. My face feels clean but not dried out after using this. I will definitely buy again as long as it keeps my acne at bay!

What's with this ingredient change?! I went to pick up a new bottle yesterday and noticed a drastically stronger smell as I was using it that I really didn't care for. Turned over the bottle, and alas, there are different ingredients! Has anyone tried the new formula for an extended period of time? Is it worse or better or the same? I'm afraid to test it out ha because the old formula has been a favorite for so long.

on 4/13/2017 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry, sensitive skin that is prone to eczema so I have to stick with gentle non-irritating products for my skin. Years ago when I had severe eczema Purpose was about the only soap I could tolerate. I had most recently been oil cleansing, but wanted to switch up my routine and use a more tradition cleanser. Purpose is pretty inexpensive, I think I paid about $5USD for the pump bottle, considerably less than the high end oil cleanser I had been using. This did a good job of removing most of makeup, with the exception being mascara which I honestly think a lot of cleansers have a hard time removing. My skin did feel just a tiny bit dry afterwards, but I am also just healing from an eczema flare up on my face. I took away one lippie because this is fragranced, something not typically found in products marketed for sensitive skin. While the fragrance didn't irritate me, it may be problematic for some. I would rebuy this, it works well, isn't expensive, and is easy to find.

on 3/20/2017 10:23:00 PM

Gentle yet effective

on 2/14/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Normal skin, prone to breakouts and redness in my cheeks and this cleanser does a good job of cleansing my makeup without drying out my skin. I have tried drugstore, high-end, natural cleansers they would work initially and then the problems would start. This cleanser is working out great and on my 4'th bottle now. I have found my HG cleanser and planning to stick with it. This is a no frills does the job product!

on 2/11/2017 1:52:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for years, and I have tried others but always end up going back to Purpose for the simple fact that it is the most gentle, non-irritating, cleansing face wash out there! With my clarisonic, twice a day using purpose and following with my Paula's choice aha's and bha's and jojoba oil for a moisturizer my skin has never been better. I used to suffer from cystic acne and the dermatologist always recommended I wash with purpose or cetaphil-cetaphil doesn't remove all of my makeup while purpose leaves my skin feeling extremely fresh and clean without stripping it of all oils completely.