Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [2016]

on 7/8/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will definitely buy again. This is a good/great product but no miracle. It does a great job at cleaning the face but doesn't have any medication that will really clean out the pores. It is great used in conjunction with your favorite medicated product. I prefer some other name brand cleansers that are gentle: Both start with a C (hint hint*)

on 6/26/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry. I found this cleansing wash a little too strong for my skin, so I diluted it half and half with distilled water and now it's not irritating.

To Read all 984 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, if you are looking for a gentle cleanser, this is the best of the best. I look for products that are unmedicated and have tried cetaphil and neutrogena and this is my favorite of all of those.

I'm a long time user and always re-buy this cleanser. It's gentle on my skin to use twice a day and I also use it to wash my makeup brushes with. Effectively removes makeup without drying out my skin.

on 6/19/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Five stars. I stumbled across this cleanser about 7 years ago and I hope it never goes away. I used to have to order it from Amazon but I recently saw it in Walmart. I have ezcema and this cleanser is gentle and with two washes removes every trace of makeup without drying my skin. Normally in the morning I use Cetaphil or just splash water on my face as the face wash is deep cleaning and there is no need to constantly strip oils from my face. The only downside is the packaging. If the bottle touches water the consistency of the product becomes contaminated and will break you out. So don't store it in the shower. Enjoy!

I had been looking for a gentle cleanser since I use Retin-A almost every night. I like this cleanser a lot more than I expected to. It's simple, cheap and doesn't overstrip my oily skin. I'll definitely be buying this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing basic no-frills cleanser. Don't expect it to completely improve your skin, but it does the job - cleanses without stripping the skin. I don't find it irritating or drying on my skin, but I am rather oily. It rinses cleanly, but don't expect it to remove all of your makeup. I use another cleanser before this one to remove makeup, and this to double cleanse.
It hasn't caused my sensitive skin to breakout. The scent kind of reminds me of baby shampoo. It's not overpowering, but it is there for people who are sensitive to fragrance. The price is right for this face wash; I paid around $10 for a 16 oz bottle. It isn't heavily fragranced, which I appreciate. I do have one gripe with this, and that's the packaging. I love that there is a pump bottle, but unfortunately it doesn't lock so it can't go into a bag if it's been opened. This can be slightly annoying, but the problem can be solved by pouring some cleanser into a smaller travel sized bottle. I really recommend this cleanser for anyone who is looking for a basic cleanser at an affordable price! I would most certainly repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 12:50:00 PM

This is my HG face wash. It is extremely gentle for my sensitive, acne prone, dry skin.

on 1/24/2016 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was hoping this cleanser would work for me. I got a large bottle (with 33% more product) for a decent price. The smell isn't unpleasant but it's really strong. Despite it claiming to be gentle it really dried out my skin. On a good note, it cleared up all my red acne bumps but I quit using it for fear my skin would start over compensating oil production due to the extreme drying effect it had on my face. Guess I'll be using this as a body or hand wash till I get rid of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I REALLY wanted to like this, b/c this cleanser cleanses well and can probably remove a moderate amount of makeup. However, for me (maybe b/c I have sensitive skin) it doesn't feel as nice on the skin as Cetaphil or Purpose does. Also, if you're sensitive to fragrances, do not use this product. I've recently discovered that I do have such a sensitivity. Other than that, this product would be great for someone else.