Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash

4.1

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [2016]

on 3/20/2017 10:23:00 PM

Gentle yet effective

on 2/14/2017 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Normal skin, prone to breakouts and redness in my cheeks and this cleanser does a good job of cleansing my makeup without drying out my skin. I have tried drugstore, high-end, natural cleansers they would work initially and then the problems would start. This cleanser is working out great and on my 4'th bottle now. I have found my HG cleanser and planning to stick with it. This is a no frills does the job product!

on 2/11/2017 1:52:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for years, and I have tried others but always end up going back to Purpose for the simple fact that it is the most gentle, non-irritating, cleansing face wash out there! With my clarisonic, twice a day using purpose and following with my Paula's choice aha's and bha's and jojoba oil for a moisturizer my skin has never been better. I used to suffer from cystic acne and the dermatologist always recommended I wash with purpose or cetaphil-cetaphil doesn't remove all of my makeup while purpose leaves my skin feeling extremely fresh and clean without stripping it of all oils completely.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Skin Profile: Dry (especially in winter), sensitive, and oily t-zone

History: My credit, I've tried a lot of face washes. I don't really have acne prone skin, but acne washes tend to make me itchy and I'm especially sensitive to Benzoyl-peroxide (Think big,scary, and blotchy hives).

Thoughts: It's gentle, great for daily use (NIGHT or DAY), and it's leaves my skin moisturized. No allergic reactions or acne from use. I got the extra 33% bottle from Walmart and it lasts me about a year because you don't need to slather a ton on your face. It foams up a little with a Konjac sponge or any facial cleansing brush. Find it at walmart or Target for best deal without having to buy it online.

TLDR: Try it if you're tired of getting dried out from other face washes. it's my HG facial cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My holy grail cleanser! I have tried everything from Clinique to Neutrogena. I have oily, acne prone skin. This cleanser does amazing things for me. It helps with my oiliness and acne. It does not burn like every other cleanser I have used. It is so gentle and foams amazingly with my clarisonic. It has been the ONLY cleanser I have repurchased EVER.

on 11/22/2016 4:45:00 PM

I love this cleanser and use it daily, but it can be drying. A little tip that makes me love this so much is to use very little product. I usually use a little pump and rub in my hands, put them under running water quickly, then lather some more. After that it seems to be a perfect amount for my skin type (extremely sensitive). I do this after an oil cleanser to remove my eye makeup. Also, the big bottle lasts me about a year!

on 7/8/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will definitely buy again. This is a good/great product but no miracle. It does a great job at cleaning the face but doesn't have any medication that will really clean out the pores. It is great used in conjunction with your favorite medicated product. I prefer some other name brand cleansers that are gentle: Both start with a C (hint hint*)

on 6/26/2016 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is dry. I found this cleansing wash a little too strong for my skin, so I diluted it half and half with distilled water and now it's not irritating.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly, if you are looking for a gentle cleanser, this is the best of the best. I look for products that are unmedicated and have tried cetaphil and neutrogena and this is my favorite of all of those.

I'm a long time user and always re-buy this cleanser. It's gentle on my skin to use twice a day and I also use it to wash my makeup brushes with. Effectively removes makeup without drying out my skin.