Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.4

on 11/22/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer because I wanted something that was light and wouldn't clog my pores. I've been using it for only eight days, but since day 2 I have been breaking out in all types of pimples! It also wasn't very moisturizing at all...even after using 2 pumps. Its horrible! I'm getting cysts on my cheeks, whiteheads all over my forehead and chin, and clogged pores everywhere. This has just been a disaster and I really wanted to believe that this would work for me, especially at the price! I will try to return this and purchase from a different brand entirely.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have oily skin and this absorbs quick before my makeup and helps me keep my oil under control

on 1/14/2016 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm currently using this in place of my Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. While the OH moisturizer is light and never broke me out, I don't find in the months I've been using it that it's done what it says it's supposed to. I was never crazy about the packaging and having to dip into it (even with a q-tip) and it's just really expensive ($78 for 3 oz is too much to pay for something that isn't working anymore). I wanted to find something more geared toward my skin type. Using products for "all skin types" always make me kind of wary. Anyway, I came across this gel and read up on it. There's so many mixed reviews but I figured it's worth a try, at the very least, because the reviews on here from other oily girls were quite positive and I'm so glad I did. Instead of committing to the biggest size (pump bottle), I purchased the small tube. I use it morning and night.

After the first use, I noticed my skin was UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I'm talking baby soft! I could see a brightness in my skin. The product itself looks like a lotion and has the consistency of a lotion but yet its a gel. I had to make sure I didn't pick up the lotion by mistake lol. I found that very interesting but once you put it on, that's where you notice the difference. It's VERY light. My skin just soaks this stuff up. I've found if I use too little my skin is a bit drier & tight so I use about a nickle size amount and it's just enough. It's very hydrating. I can see why some people say this would be great under make up. I have yet to do foundation over it but it can truly double as a primer - it really smooths your skin out and would make makeup application a breeze. I just really like this gel and I haven't had any break outs whatsoever because of it. One big bonus I've noticed is that usually mid-late afternoon I notice my skin starting to get oily but after switching to this gel, I'm not noticing that at all. I can't see how this would work on girls with dry skin given that this is made specifically for combo/oily types but I would absolutely recommend this for anyone with oily or combination skin. It's worked beautifully for me. I'll be going back to Sephora for the full size. Still cant get over that the 4.2 oz pump is $40 cheaper than the Sheer Transformation - it blows my mind. My wallet is thanking me.

on 1/13/2016 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this, and at first this product worked well for me. I kept my whole skincare regime the same when I tried this, and just switched out the moisturizer. For a week it was great. It didn't make me too oily, as some moisturizers can. It felt light yet hydrating. It has no discernable scent. After about a week or so I started getting closed comedones all over my face. I don't really have sensitive skin, but sometimes I get closed comedones if a product doesn't agree with me at first. Usually it'll go away once my skin gets used to the new product. I used this for another two days and my closed comedones multiplied, so I immediately stoppped and went back to my old moisturizer. They went away. I guess my skin really didn't like this moisturizer, but that's okay with me. I received a sample from a friend so I'm glad I didn't have to pay for a full tube of this, only to have it fail for me as it did. I'd rather pay less for the CeraVe I use now and have used for years. No biggie.

on 6/20/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm already on my second bottle of this and I love it. Although a lot of people seem to break out from this gel, luckily I don't. I use it religiously night and day after washing my face. In the morning I'm always a little greasy, but I have that even without the moisturizer and it washes away. This works great under makeup because it absorbs quickly and creates a really nice base. Doesn't leave me greasy through the day like many other moisturizers. I will continue to repurchase for as long as it works.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Omg the best moisturizing for very oily skin.... It soften my face and left my skin hydrated and had control over my oily skin.... Bravo I will always use this product for a lifetime

on 10/23/2012 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

clog city,really not good for acne-prone skin due to the fact some of the ingredients are high on the comedogenic which include:Laureth-4(5 on scale) , Laureth-23 (4 on scale), Oleth-10 (2 on scale) these numbers are for how much they can affect and/or cause acne. 5 being the highest. you have been warned

on 7/16/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

If u've got combination oily and acne prone skin, this is the moisturizer for you. I was lucky enough to have tried a sample of the moisturizing lotion (DDML) earlier which just turned my face into an oil dispenser with bumpy skin...so when it was time to purchase, i knew this one would be the one! I've tried so many other moisturizers for my skin which all resulted in breakouts, even neutrogena, bobbi brown, etc...This gel goes on smooth and is a great base for foundation and doesn't feel oily at all even by the end of the day. All u need is a tiny amount so the tube will last months! A tad expensive but will definitely repurchase!
*EDIT* This caused me to break out all over my cheeks, my NOSE and even under my CHIN! (areas that never saw a pimple in their lyf!) I finally stopped using it and now i'm licking my wounds...can't believe i wud react to a Clinique product...i guess it clogged my pores...it works well for drier skin types though...i'll stick to my clinique cleanser n toner...gotta look for a new moisturizer... :(

on 3/24/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is good for the summer months but in the winter I need something a little more hydrating. In the winter months I use the Dramatically Different Moisturizing LOTION it is much more hydrating!

on 12/11/2010 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! It is the ONLY moisturizer i have used that i have loved. This is formulated for oily skin types (like myself). I love the way it makes my skin feel. I have had the same bottle (or whatever you want to call it) of this for over a year and i have 50% of it left. You do not need to use alot of this product in order to see its benefits.