Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan of silicone based products . This product has silicone in its I believed . But it does really hydrate my skin . My skin feels plumped and hydrated in the next morning .

on 12/30/2016 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

As a teenager with very oily skin in a very humid country this is God send. I've used this for almost 2 years now and as always it is very consistent, it does its job of being an awesome moisturizer but the price might be too high for those who just wants to moisturize their face without all the glam the brand includes. I am still on the hunt for my HG moisturizer but this is currently on top of my list.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Was the perfect amount of hydration for my oily combo sensitive acne prone skin. Made the corners of my mouth dry though, just like benzoyl peroxide does. Also developed these raised areas of irritation? They weren't pimples just raised patches of skin that were itchy. As soon as I stopped using this they went away.

on 10/8/2016 10:53:00 AM

This is my holy grail moisturizer! As a person with combination skin, I find that this isn't moisturizing enough for winter nights, but is perfect for summer nights or year-round mornings. It's lightweight and absorbs into the skin very quickly. My skin feels super smooth after putting this on. It is also perfect underneath makeup as you don't have to wait forever for it to dry. Since it's a gel formula, it provides just enough moisture for the skin and isn't tacky at all. However, if you have super dry skin and is looking for something that will give your skin all the moisture, this is not the one for you.

on 7/22/2016 6:49:00 PM

Very good moisturizer and not too expensive. I definitely prefer this gel to the cream. No fragrance.

on 5/9/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin: Combination/dehydrated, oily t-zone, sometimes dry cheeks/mouth area. Clog-prone, can be irritated by fragrance/sunscreen filters.

Why I chose this: I love the light texture and thought it would be ideal for humid weather, like that it has no SPF or fragrance/essential oils. I use and like a few Clinique products mainly MS Overnight Mask and MS Extended Thirst Relief gel-creme. Tried sample a few times, finally bought the tube several months ago.

Review: I really wanted to love this - it seems like it would be perfect for my skintype. I used about 2 drops applied over my usual essence or toner (Missha First Treatment Essence, PC's MoistureBoost or Earth-Sourced) . But unfortunately it just sank in and seemed to do nothing at all. No added hydration, no healthy supple skin look or feel. No improvement in anything really. It was basically like I had applied a water-y primer or serum. It's just not enough for me. Even in hot humid weather I felt that my skin would become dry within two hours if this was my last step. . .and the days I used it before work sure enough I had dry skin and tight feeling cheeks by the afternoon. I'm trying to use it up as a sort of primer/gel in the t-zone only, or to dilute foundations for now. Adding a few drops of oil (I like avocado, or jojoba) helps to offset the dryness this gel seems to cause for my skin. On the plus side it does work great for diluting foundations or even to apply over foundations to sheer them out.

Repurchase/Recommend? I wouldn't buy this for myself again but might rec for truly oily skin that needs a really light moisturiser and doesn't breakout from the ingredients.

For those with combination dehydrated skin looking for something that is lightweight yet hydrating I love Innisfree's Moisture Firming Lotion, absorbs fast, thin and silky without the silicone feel and makes a perfect base for make-up.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.

on 11/13/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Is does moisture, but My skin cant stand mineral oil, it breaks me out likt crazy. So does this one.

I feel that the gel is faster absorbing than the clinique moisturizing lotion.

I have combination skin. The gel moisturized and kept my dry patches moisturized for the whole day. But in my oily areas I developed pimples, didn't have a break out like when I used the moisturizer but bonetheless I still broke out. =(

on 8/9/2015 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I dislike this because it is expensive but it doesn't moisturize my combination skin. It doesn't do much, except that it feels nice to apply. It isn't a very good base for my makeup either. I passed this along to my friend. I currently use the First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream, which I really like as my morning moisturizer.