Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

on 12/29/2016 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG. HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND WOW.
OIL PRODUCTION = DIMINISHED.
this is the only moisturizer that helps prevent oil production through out the day. I mean WOW. By 10 pm, I am still pretty flawless. The price is pretty okay for what it is doing. I would definitely repurchase. Oily girls-- PLEASE give this a try. Sometimes your foundation is good but moisturizer is wrong. I was about to change my foundation bc i could not deal with the oilyness. This has allowed me to keep the foundation I want and keep away the shine! Super amazing.
This is a good time to buy because they usually have the huge 6 oz size for a good price around the holidays.

on 11/24/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was surprised on how heavy it felt on my skin it was supposed to be a gel right? So I decided to just apply this at night. IMHO this is overrated. Nothing special I didnt breakout like crazy there were some zits which was pretty normal for me but other than that I couldnt really see any difference. But one thing's for sure I like applying this after I have thoroughly scrubbed/cleansed my face. The thickness of the product moisturizes my skin well. Will not buy again unless given as a gift.

on 10/2/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Tried this after knowing it's a popular choice for moisturisers. My skin wasn't as oily after using this together with my weekly clay mask. It really controlled the sebum on my face throughout the day. Very lightweight and easily absorbed. Bought the 50ml first and didn't hesitate to get the 125ml!

on 8/14/2016 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had been using this gel for the past few weeks both morning and night. At first I didn't see any adverse reactions it was going on smoothly and moisturising well I thought I had found a great gel. Then my forehead started to break out previous to starting the DDMG my skin was doing really well. If I exfoliated my skin the put on the gel I would find it wasn't enough moisture my skin would still feel tight. Unfortunately I bought the large pump bottle so instead of using it on my face I'm going to use it for my neck and see how that goes. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend I have oily combo skin.

on 7/2/2016 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think the moisturising gels are the epitome of what Clinique does best: reliable quality skincare at a reasonable price point.

I had chosen the combination to oily skin version as that best describes how my skin responds to the Dubai climate, but I don't really expect any skincare product would really change the weather for me.

The "gel" label is a bit of a gimmick as this is really just a lotion, but it is very quick absorbing which helps in the mornings when you need to slap it on and get on with the make-up.

It doesn't claim to knock 10 years or 10lbs off your face, or make you live longer or does somersaults while you sleep: it just a reliable moisturiser and a dependable staple.

on 6/13/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Its too light..its good for oily skin as it dsnt actually add up any more extra oil..but i actually dont feel any moisturization

on 5/28/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My skin type: Dehydrated, but oily skin (especially my T-zone, my cheeks are normal)

Review:
I would only recommend this product to people with very oily to oily skin. The product itself was pleasant. It is scentless, absorbs quickly, has a hygienic pump packaging and is easily to apply. However, my cheeks felt tight after using this product. My pores also became a bit larger as a result of the dryness in my cheeks. The plus point is that product works relatively well on my oily t-zone, which reflects well on it as a moisturiser for oily skin. If you have combination skin with dry areas, you should probably stay away from this product.

Summary:
+ Good for oily skin (oil free, too!)
+ Easy to apply
+ No fragrance (Suitable for sensitive skin)

- Not moisturising enough for dehydrated/ dry areas of skin

Would not repurchase because it is not good for my skin type.

on 2/18/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This moisturizer made my skin broke out so much! My skin is the WORST it has ever been. I wanted to try new skin care products and this happened to be one of them. Over the course of trying a series of new skin products I thought the other things were making me breakout (like face wash, toner, etc,) I kept returning and buying other products, I even changed my foundation!!! but NOOO! It was this moisturizer this whole time! I was so disappointed because I heard this moisturizer works extremely well for oily skin and the name of the moisturizer seemed convincing ( DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT). I was even more disappointed that this wasn't one of the first things I got rid of! I used it for nearly a month now and my face has numerous amounts of tiny bumpy pimples across my face. I saw no difference in oil production at all. BUT whatever doesn't work for me might work for you....

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I find that this isn't hydrating enough for me. I like the smell, its mild. And it's pretty inexpensive for the amount you get compared to other brands. I bought this version instead of the lotion because I have oily skin. I have to put on at least 3 pumps for my face to feel comfortable. Sometimes I have to pump a little extra for around my mouth. After a few hours I'd be oily, but I expect that from my skin. What I really didn't like was that when I would wash my face the next morning it looked and felt excessively greasy, not like it is normally when I use other moisturisers. My hands got really slippery when I splashed my face. I think it may have caused a few small white heads but nothing serious. I have started using something else now so I'll probably just give this away. I wouldn't say it's a horrible product, but dimethicone is the second ingredient...I'd say that's more suitable for a hair product or foundation primer than for a moisturiser...this is not for me.

on 7/5/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I really liked this moisturizer. I have generally oily skin and that's my main concern, but i have some regular areas like on my cheeks. If I don't moisturize right after I wash my face... my oily areas get oilier and my normal parts get dry. For me it's important that my moisturizer does its job but doesn't feel heavy.This moisturizer goes on smoothly. I don't need a lot to cover my face and neck and it's not heavy. I loved that I didn't have to wait an entire lifetime for it to absorb before I did my makeup. This didn't break me out which I know is an issue for a lot you. I'm very happy with this moisturizer the only thing is I feel like that's all it does. It isn't better but it's not worse. It does what it's supposed to do but for the price I kind of wanted to be surprised. Don't get me wrong this is going to be my current moisturizer. So 4 lipsticks.