Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased the 4.2oz pump bottle from Sephora and have been using it for about two weeks.
I use about three pumps on my face and neck every morning and night.
The pump bottle is simple yet cute, clean, effective. I'm sure you could even use a mini silicone spatula to get every last bit from the bottle toward the end if you're concerned about that ... a little more time consuming, but every drop counts!
Very mild, subtle fragrance which I find to be refreshing and clean. Absorbs quickly and completely while making my skin SUPER silky, smooth, and supple -- I've noticed a definite difference in my skin since I started using it. Doesn't do much to control my oil throughout the day, but it doesn't cause any excess oil production either. Hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. Very affordable considering it's only slightly more expensive than, or even on par with, the drug store varieties per ounce. Compared to other high end moisturizers, it's a steal.
It works wonderfully and it's not completely out of my budget. I think I'll stick with it!

on 10/19/2016 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Doesn't irritate skin because its scent-free, oil-free and allergen tested... But it also doesn't do much. I find that with my oily skin, this doesn't change the level of oily-ness and can often leave my face feeling greasy. I still use it now and then, but overall I could live without it.

This product is great! I have extremely dry fussy skin which breaks out, flakes, etc with the slightest irritation. I am constantly adjusting my skin care products to treat whatever mood my skin is in and winter is usually the most difficult time for me. This winter I have been using the Clinique Take The Day Off balm cleanser, the Take The Day Off eye makeup removed, Marcelle Micellar Water, followed by Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair with this overtop. This has worked so well! The other products are tried and true for me, and this moisturizer makes my skin soft and supple when I wake up in the morning and seems to have completed the product combination that has worked the best yet!

on 1/14/2016 7:05:00 AM

May I start by saying I WISH I loved this. For the amount you get and the great reviews what could go wrong? Ermmm well nothing terrible, I just found this a bit rubbish... I love the pump and consistency of the product but it does smell like plain washed down hand soap. Apart from that I started getting whiteheads after 2 days of use in my t zone and chin... This might not have been such a pain had my skin of actually felt moisturised! Alas my nose went dry and flakes appeared... This does happen with some moisturisers so maybe it's a certain ingredient? The positive about this is the price- you get a lot for your money but if it isn't working for you what's the point? I ended up giving this for my mum who is 45 and loves it: although she hasn't used moisturiser before so Maybe anything is better than nothing. Get a sample and see how you go!!

on 1/8/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My absolute HG. Wish I’d tried this ages ago! I have rosacea so very sensitive skin, so 99.9% of moisturisers break me out, but this doesn’t. I’m also oily, but this is the best moisturiser I’ve tried – no extra oiliness. I used Clarins Hydra Matte for years, which is also fine on my skin but is twice the price. The price for this is great for a high-end brand, and the packaging is perfect – pump bottle, plastic to not heavy, clear so can see how much left. Not sure it would be enough for dry skins, but would recommend for oily or combination as well as sensitive.

on 10/20/2015 12:45:00 PM

I have been repurchasing this moisturizer for years. It works perfectly all year round. It absorbs fast and skin feels great in the dry winter days after applying this. Also, the container is fairly big. Therefore the cream lasts me around an entire year.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference I have dehydrated skin prone to clogged pores. I get flakies on my cheeks regularly but I struggle to get moisture that won't clog me. I bought this, loved the packaging. The smell is awful and it does nothing to moisturize my skin. My flakes are worse, my skin feels tighter. I have tried this with a HA serum under it, adding rose hip oil to it and noooothing makes it better for me. I thought maybe for the summer I would need less moisture so this would be good but nope. So for me it was a waste of money.

on 8/5/2015 4:27:00 PM

This moisturiser is an absolute godsend for oily skin!! Beautifully light, balances out the skin amazingly, I can't imagine not using this moisturiser. I completely trust Clinique as their products are developed by dermatologists! You can really tell with this product.
I read a few other reviews and the bad reviews that I have seen have been by people with more dry skin rather than oily. People who are considering buying this product should know that it's specifically for those with more oilier skin-no wonder those with drier skin don't like it, it's not meant for them!

This product has saved and changed my skin. I've had bad acne since I was 11 (I am now 23) and I've tried EVERYTHING. I've now got my skin routine down but this is the product that really made a difference. The key to using this is patience. I've never had good skin, always acne, even if it didn't surface I've always had bumps. Use this as a night AND day moisturizer and it completely cleared up my skin and made it super soft with no active breakouts or even under the skin acne. Highly recommend this for those with sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Wears beautifully under makeup as well. I usually apply 2 layers since one isn't enough to moisturize completely.

on 6/27/2015 10:16:00 AM

BEST FOR COMBO/OILY SKIN WHEN COMBINED WITH
THE PROPER SKIN CARE ROUTINE

I'm noticing a lot of people on here are saying that this gel left their skin feeling tight and dehydrated. You may want to consider what face wash you're using as well, as poor ones tend to dry out the skin, which makes the moisturizer have to do more work than it's intended to.

My skin is a combo. As the day goes on, my T-zone will get oilier and oilier. I recently bought this gel moisturizer as a morning moisturizer, and i find that it has controlled the oil on my face very well, without drying me out. My face does NOT get oilier and oilier throughout the day when i use this gel in the morning. Here is my morning skincare routine:

1. I wash my face with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser (amazing).
2.i put on a bit of Andalou Natural's brightening eye cream.
3. i apply two pumps of the Clinique Moisturizing Gel all over my face.
4. After that all dries a little bit, i spray my face with two sprays of
Mario Badescu's Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater Spray.
**The rosewater spray adds just the tiniest amount of moisture onto the skin, which balances out nicely with the gel moisturizer.

5.Then i either apply my Clinique Even Better Foundation, or go make-up free.

Either way, my skin continues looking fresh all day, with complete oil-control.

Hope this helps!