Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

on 9/7/2016 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not really sure this "moisturized" at all. It's great because it won't irritate your skin or clog your pores but it really just sat on top of my skin. You also have to be cautious about what foundation you layer over this - my foundation which has some oil in it balled up on top of this like crazy.

My skin is all over the place - it can go from dry and flaky to extremely oily depending on weather and diet so I thought this would be great for me! It seems like there is a lot of silicone in this so I'd say it's more of primer for a water or silicone based foundation than a moisturizer.

on 8/12/2016 5:38:00 PM

I bought it for the summer months as my skin gets oilier but it dried my chicks and caused breakouts in my chin and forehead. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I gave 2 lippies instead of 1 as it contains vitamin E.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had read lots about this moisturiser and thought I would give it a go especially after a friend had used it for years. When I put it on it felt nice and my skin did not break out but after a day or two of using my skin felt dry and there was nothing else on my face other than my regular cleanser that I had used before.

I am not sure if I would call this a dramatically different moisturiser but its OK perhaps for someone who has normal skin or a younger skin and it did nothing dramatic to mine making it rather average which is why I have not given it a high rating.

on 9/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

I use this under foundation. It doesn't have an SPF so it works well under foundations that do have an SPF. Blends well and soaks into the skin quickly. Very gentle for sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this feels on my oily sensitive skin.

It wasn't cheap, but is definitely worth it's price.

Very simple, easy to recycle store packaging. Love that it is in a pump - helps me ration it, and I've heard that using moisturisers in jars can lead to acne.

Like anyone, I want to keep my skin healthy and youthful. As I went into my 30s I noticed a couple things:
1) I still had oily skin and it seemed that seemed to get more pimples than other women my age.
2) I didn't seem to have as many wrinkles as those same women my age.
So, although I knew I needed to start moisturizing so keep my skin healthy and youthful, I had a hard time adding that to my routine...when anything I tried felt ucky on my face and I didn't think I really needed it yet. However, now that I am closer to 40 than 30...I thought I should try to find something. This product was recommended, and I've used it every day since I bought it. I will definitely use it all up, and buy it again.

on 1/4/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I continue to come back to this product (I use the lotion with the pump which I find is excellent for making the product last). From time to time I try other moisturisers with fancier gimmicks and marketing ploys, but this 'moisture drink' is the only one I trust, and the only one I feel I get my money's worth with. It is simple and effective and my skin thanks me too. Kind people often tell me I have nice skin. I give Clinique the credit for the occasional compliment that comes my way.

on 10/19/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know Clinique has developed somewhat of a bad reputation for skin care over the years and this was an impulse purchase( in the travel size) a few weeks back. It has been many years since I used Clinique, but Ive certainly tried a number of brands since (especially having worked in cosmetic dermatology and a cosmetic surgeons office). When I moved to a drier climate a year ago I started noticing that I could not get away without using a moisturizer anymore, mostly due to my RX acne topicals and less humidity. The dilemma I run into has been that as soon as I am able to moisturize the irritated dry skin, the acne comes right back and it turns into a never-ending cycle. Usually, I just choose the dried out flaky skin rather than risking more creams that cause more acne. Well, Im very impressed with this product. I waited a few weeks to review it here, and I can now report I haven't had a clogged pore or a negative result (knock on wood!) I'm pleasantly surprised and returned to the store tonight to buy the larger pump size. This is perfect for those who are older yet acne prone, needing a fairly basic moisturizer that wont cause further problems. Its funny because my husband has even noticed that my skin is more even and les red. I would definitely recommend it. Id like something with age fighting properties, but honestly I know there is only so much skin care can do for that and the more ingredients usually means more potential for problems. Anti-aging skin care can help the appearance of aging, but it is temporary. Nothing short of a surgeons knife or needle can really change things that much. I am happy I tried this.

Love this moisturiser over all the other Clinique formula's. Had used DDML and their horrid-and-thankfully-discontinued 'Moisture in control' which left cystic acne on my face that later became pitted acne. I like the smell of this, I'm not sure why but it is a little like 'Rosewater', although it isn't supposed to contain any fragrance. My skin really does feel like it has had a 'drink' after applying this. That may be something to do with all the Dimethicone etc at the top of the ingredients list. I do love that their are also many 'good' ingredients in this, so I know I am putting something good onto my skin. I only use in the morning unless its winter when I may use it twice a day if my skin feels thirsty. A little pricey here in the UK, I try to stock-up whenever I visit friend over in the states as it is almost half the price there! Love it!

I was recommended this gel version for my comb/oily skin. But, it did not work for me! My foundation did not look good over it and the gel over-dried my skin. Well, I actually tried the lotion version after that, and it has been my HG ever since!!! That one actually sinks in and gives the perfect amount of moisturizing for my mid 30's skin. Now my foundation looks amazing and I cannot see the fine lines. HA! And, there is no oil slick. (If you have extra oily skin, get blotting papers.) BTW, The beauty consultant took a double-take and close-up gasping, "You don't have one line or wrinkle!" Clinique is pricey, but it lasts and lasts. So, to all of you out there thinking that you need the gel version to help control oil, I recommend the lotion instead. I will not repurchase the gel version.

I really like this moisturizer!! It doesn't break me out and makes my skin very soft. It is much better than DDML (which broke me out). I only wish it had spf.

Popular Moisturizers