Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 9/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I buy the travel sizes at Sephora because they're cheap so the packaging down score refers to that tube packaging. It isn't that great.
DDMG is pretty good. So far it hasn't caused any irritation or breakouts. I've just finished a small travel sized tube and I'm going to repurchase. Update in one month.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've gone through about 4-5 bottles of this stuff! Liquid gold in my sensitive combo-skin opinion !! It's just the right amount of hydration for my face for the day. I use it when I'm not wearing makeup and also under makeup as well. Sinks in fast and leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable. No oily feeling and no sitting on my skin for a long time like other moisturizers. This probably won't hydrate dry skin as Clinique has the other formulas for that type of skin. I try to buy this at Nordstroms during the anniversary sale since they offer it in a 6.7 oz size with other skincare goodies in a set. It's an amazing deal. This will always be my go to for daytime.

on 5/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Have combination skin with occasional breakouts (in my 30s veering towards oily).

Use this day and night and did not break me out inspite of me using a serum and sunscreen with it in the morning and essence, serum in the evening.

initially feels heavy but disappears in a few seconds. is an important element of skincare for combination / oily skins as this skin type needs moisture.

Is indeed oil and fragrance free and would definitely purchase again.

Update after 2 months of usage: Too oily if you live in a hot / humid country and are struggling with acne prone skin. I actually went back to using Kiehls gel but use this once in a while when I need extra hydration.

on 11/1/2015 7:44:00 AM

Clinique should give this moisturizing gel a different name because this doesn't feel the same as the lotion. I was skeptical to try it for the longest time because of its name. I break out using the lotion. This gel is completely different upon application. It's light and feels clean on the skin. It moisturizing enough on my combination/oily skin. I wish it has spf but that would mean the formula would change. Great for night time because I get oily too while sleeping.

on 10/12/2015 7:43:00 PM

I really love this moisturizer. I have normal/oily skin and especially love this in the summer when a lot of other moisturizers seem too heavy. It sinks in to your skin fast and makes it feel soft and silky. It's so light that if you have very oily skin it won't make you break out. It's a bit too light for the colder weather but i do like layering it over serums.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased the small size oil free version just to try it for summer when my skin tends to be a little bit more oily, my skin is normal to dry with a few occasional hormonal breakouts I used it after my also brand new glam glow super mud mask, the next day I had four whiteheads on my T zone, I thought it was the mask so I applied a spot treatment at night and my origins night cream, in the morning my skin was clear again ... so, I washed my face and apply again the moisturizer and by the afternoon I had again the white heads, so it wasn't the mask it was the moisturizer!!! I have used the mask after that so, it was weird the reaction in my skin :( I use it on my neck and chest just to finish it since in the store I bought it there is not return policy

on 6/16/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first time I tried Clinique, and it wasn't a good experience for me. I have sensitive, acne-prone, aging skin. This caused me to break out with painful cystic blemishes. I've had good experiences with Skintelligence moisturizer, just looking for something lighter for summer. Have to keep looking...

on 3/21/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was so glad when clinique came out with this gel version. Its so fresh and light hydrating and no strong fragrances, hypoallergenic, doesn't burn my sensitive acne prone dry skin. Not chock full of antioxidants but I have a serum for that purpose. Just an all around great moisture gel to hydrate and replenish your skin. Highly recommended from me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be the exception here, but I bought this after reading the rave reviews. I have oily, sensitive skin, but it also gets dry and irritated if I try to treat it for the oiliness. I found the lotion I've been using was breaking me out. I tried this out, and while it was good at controlling oil, it didnt moisturize my skin at all! I applied it after washing my face, and within 5 minutes I could see flakes that the lotion seemed emphasize. I applied another layer, and it helped but my skin was still flaky. When I put my foundation over top it looked dry all day. I will try again next summer when my skin is oilier than now. I definitely cant use it during the colder months. Too bad because I love that its fragrance free/non acnegenic. Back to the drawing board....

on 9/8/2013 4:58:00 PM

Good stuff. Won't grease up your skin at all. Provides a very light hydration, with absolutely no oily feel. It is truly a gel, so if you are looking for more moisture, this is not for you. But if you have oily skin that breaks out that just needs a little bit of moisture to keep the skin from flaking and feeling tight, this is it. Smells divine, even though "fragrance free." And not expensive! Pump is very nice as well.

Popular Moisturizers