Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.9

Can't beat the price! It's affordable and works. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. It does it's job and isn't heavy.

on 12/31/2016 4:05:00 AM

I like the gel formulation of this much better than the lotion. My skin just drinks this in, but I use it in combination with a serum or other light moisturizer as it isn't the most hydrating or plumping formula. I think it works wonderfully underneath makeup but would suggest you let it dry for at least 5 mins before applying foundation.

Great product! I have acne prone skin and also very sensitive skin this product helps well with keeping it hydrated and not making my face too greasy. My only thing is this is best to use in the summer and in the winter my skin gets slightly dryer so I need a moisturiser that is a little bit more moisturising than this. Helps to keep my skin clear and does not break me out. Will definitely be buying again in the summer.

on 11/21/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm really divided on how to approach this review. I'm not exactly sure how much of my experience is unique to the situation. I have sensitive, combo and acne prone skin.

After my usual facial moisturizer wasn't doing enough to help the few dry patches on my face, I decided to try another. I ended up buying this twice. At first it was great. It then didn't help completely with the dry spots, but my skin was softer and looked clearer. After the second purchase, I noticed my acne getting worse again, a lot of it with really bad clogged pores and blackheads. I have tried a few side and the same thing happens. Decent at first, then goes bad. I am under a lot of stress, I'm not understanding what's going wrong.

I think this would be good for a lot with normal to combo skin. I do think that it's a decent amount for the price. I would advise though that even though Clinique tends to cater more for skin problems, I warn those who struggle with acne.

on 10/25/2016 8:12:00 PM

This moisturizer is a nice, basic, cult favorite. I much prefer the gel formula to the lotion.
The packaging is great. I love that it has a pump, doesn't break, and you can see how much product is left in the bottle.
This gel moisturizer sinks into my skin well and doesn't interfere with my makeup or other skincare. There is no irritating scent - very mild. I'm not a big fan of Clinique, but this moisturizer is one of their few products I can enjoy.
Sadly, I will not repurchase because my skin does feel like it needs more moisture after just a few hours. This does not provide continual hydration - it just gets sucked up into my skin which becomes dry quickly after.

However, this moisturizer is far from "dramatically different". To my knowledge it doesn't have any special added ingredients or benefits - other than a lightweight non-clogging moisturizer. It's nice to have a basic moisturizer. With everything on the market I think next time I'll put my money toward a moisturizer that does a little bit extra for my skin. But still, I love how this doesn't make the oily parts of my face any more oily and it definitely gets the dry parts mostly hydrated.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and can never find a moisturizer that keeps my skin hydrated without causing breakouts. This is my holy grail moisturizer! I hope they never stop making it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

If you're looking for an oil free moisturizer that won't mess up your skin routine then this is a great no brainer simple way to go.
It doesn't smell weird. Its gentle on skin. It comes in a sanitary pump bottle.
It doesn't irritate my skin or clog it up. Win.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For years I used the Dramatically Different Moisturizing cream, and it worked wonderfully on my normal -> combo sometimes angry skin. By accident, I bought the gel instead (they have deceptively similar packaging, and obviously an almost identical name) and though I'd just try it to see how it stacked up.

Compared to the cream, it feels almost medicinal instead of soothing, and the smell isn't pleasant. Not bad, but something you'd expect from a peel. Oddly, for me it didn't have half the moisturizing power that the cream did, and I ended up only using it if I was reapplying makeup more than once per day as a base layer.

The only pro is that it does dry fast, and it's an adequate first step for a makeup routine if you aren't looking for a lot of moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

very hydrating, but I've repeatedly found that when I wear this a few days in a row I get some pimples. this isn't for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really didn't like this as I thought it made my skin somehow oilier but now I realise it's the alcohol in other products and harsh cleansers that was making me oily. I now use this after the redness solutions soothing cleanser and that combination has made my skin amazing so I'm now in love :D